Hurricane Irma?

Poo. I can't change online anymore. I guess bc it is so close to check in it now tells me to call to make changes.
I am in a similar boat as you. When I received the email about the gift cards there was a phone number on it. Are you using that number to call? It's different than the number on the other correspondences. I believe it was mentioned over on the Caribbean Beach Resort thread to use that number if you had changes. I used it to change my reservation a few weeks back to add a day, but I don't know if they can help with this. I'm hoping maybe it might cut down on the wait to get through?

It all depends on when the upper low pulls it north and east. They have said over and over they don't know exactly when that will happen. No one knows how far west it will get before it turns north.

Pulling it east may be "better" for Florida, but that puts a lot of cities (like the one I live in) on the east coast (Savannah, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington) right in the path.

Even if the Hurricane does "go east" .. that still means a significant amount of rain and wind for the Orlando area I would think. (Not "catastrophic" though), but enough to mess with at least a day or two of a WDW vacation :(.

Just got off the phone with DVC member services. There is ZERO availability for us to move our trip out a week or two or three or even four. However, they are waiving their cancellation policies so we can cancel even day of, she says, and get our points back (would have to be used by July of 2018...though I don't think we will have the opportunity to do so). So we go back into wait mode. Will wait until Friday night or even Saturday morning to make the decision to cancel based on a clearer storm track. If we cancel, DH says we can maybe do an off-site cash stay the following week instead.

From the 11:00 A.M. September 6th NHC Forecast Update

Oc8Yth6.png

Note the following:
The NHC forecast has been shifted eastward to be in better agreement with the latest model guidance, however it should be noted that there are numerous GEFS and ECMWF ensemble members that take Irma over and/or west of Florida. The updated NHC track is in best agreement with the latest ECMWF ensemble mean.

No one is saying that Irma will definitely turn out to sea/graze the florida coast/go up into the Carolinas, but what this is stating is that there has been a progressive shift east in both the models AND the NHC forecast for at least the past 24 hours.

Assuming the newer models hold true and the storm makes it way up the coast offshore ..then I'm expecting Monday "the day I arrive to be windy with maybe some showers" but after that as the storm moves north, it will usher in cooler and drier air and make the rest of the week quite pleasant :duck:
I see a lot of FP's open up for the harder to get rides ..even FOP a couple times.
And now back to your regularly scheduled programing...good luck to all pixiedust:

It all depends on when the upper low pulls it north and east. They have said over and over they don't know exactly when that will happen. No one knows how far west it will get before it turns north.

Exactly, but the track shoppers don't want to hear it.

I am trying to wait patiently and see what the next 24 hour projections say. I will make my decision Thursday evening and if we reschedule I will call Friday. I have an open calendar so I hope they will have some dates available that we can keep our free dining.

I'm supposed to fly in to Orlando on Sunday for a conference at the JW Marriott. I haven't canceled yet, but I most likely will. I'm astounded that the conference hasn't been canceled.

And delta hasn't updated their advisory for MCO yet either.

Pulling it east may be "better" for Florida, but that puts a lot of cities (like the one I live in) on the east coast (Savannah, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington) right in the path.

Even if the Hurricane does "go east" .. that still means a significant amount of rain and wind for the Orlando area I would think. (Not "catastrophic" though), but enough to mess with at least a day or two of a WDW vacation :(.
I know. I have family in the potential path of the storm.

Assuming the newer models hold true and the storm makes it way up the coast offshore ..then I'm expecting Monday "the day I arrive to be windy with maybe some showers"

Even with the current models pushing east, the projected wind speed is still 20mph-35mph for Sunday afternoon and Monday, with the worst being Monday. While it may be bearable once you are already there if wdw shuts down for a day, I doubt there would be any incoming flights Monday

Watching the Weather Channel now, the 11am National Hurricane Center update just came in. Still very uncertain for the US. The "predicted" path keeps pushing further and further east, which could be a really good thing, but too early to say.

Dude read the thread. This person is not the only one saying water and other supplies are scarce.

The possibility of a Cat 5 hurricane hitting Florida is very real. People are being smart and stocking up.

This is not something that needs a retort such as "Cite your source"

In slight defence of BigMac, wonder whisper has also been posting things to fear monger such as a piece from the Miami herald as if it was a directive from the NHC and outdated spaghetti models. This thread has been tense for 24 hours. Uncertainty does that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter