Hurricane Irma?

I'm here right now at the yacht club. Got here on the third and scheduled to leave on the 10th. Am I completely screwed? I know MCO is closed on Saturday, but have received no information from my airline, Frontier. I have been buying extra water and kind bars every time I purchase something, been keeping an eye on everything basically. I'm from ohio, man! No experience with this stuff. I'm a babe in the woods. I'm trying to keep positive. Who do I call? Where do I start?

(All that said, have had a great time thus far!)

Hello fellow Ohioan. It's definitely cancelled. I would head down to the front desk now while people are sleeping and probably no line to talk to them about adding 2 more night. I would guess the airport won't be open until Tuesday at the earliest. Good luck!

I am driving from s Fla, Boca, arriving wed 13th. That is if my house is in 1 piece, business in 1 piece and that we have power. Can't leave our house/dog sitter with only generator power.

So if say Monday, the storm passes and we can no longer go, so you think I will be able to cancel our room only res with no penalty?

I am driving from s Fla, Boca, arriving wed 13th. That is if my house is in 1 piece, business in 1 piece and that we have power. Can't leave our house/dog sitter with only generator power.

So if say Monday, the storm passes and we can no longer go, so you think I will be able to cancel our room only res with no penalty?

Here's the answer from the FAQ page on the Walt Disney World website.

"If a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Orlando area—or for your place of residence—within 7 days of your scheduled arrival date, you may call in advance to reschedule or cancel your Walt Disney Travel Company Magic Your Way vacation package and most room only reservations (booked directly with Disney) without any cancellation or change fees imposed by Disney."

And here is the link to the full FAQ: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/faq/hurricane-policy/

You're welcome! I would even consider trying to get a room until Wednesday just in case you can't get out Tuesday and if you can just cancel for that extra night. I always take frontier from cleveland and they can be a hit or a miss so I'm not sure how well this will be handled

Hi, we are scheduled to arrive in Orlando by midnight Sept. 15th. This is only our second time to be at Disney so we aren't very knowledgeable on how the city of Orlando handles/bounces back from these hurricanes. I guess my main concern is whether the 15th is far enough after the end of the hurricane for things to be getting back to business as usual or if we should attempt to begin rescheduling now. I'm assuming that it's all going to depend on how severe the damage afterwards is, correct?
We have been watching the weather to keep up with where exactly Irma is headed, but honestly, I cannot make heads or tails of it at this point. Seems like we keep hearing, "too soon to tell" or "there are a lot of unknown factors at play." Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

We are flying in from California on a jetBlue red-eye & arriving very early in the morning on Wednesday 9/13. With the way things are looking now (knowing they could change at any moment), should MCO be open & will DME be running? Being a typical Californian, I know very little about hurricanes (or thunderstorms for that matter) & I'm nervous about potential on-going closures & disruptions.

Hi, we are scheduled to arrive in Orlando by midnight Sept. 15th. This is only our second time to be at Disney so we aren't very knowledgeable on how the city of Orlando handles/bounces back from these hurricanes. I guess my main concern is whether the 15th is far enough after the end of the hurricane for things to be getting back to business as usual or if we should attempt to begin rescheduling now. I'm assuming that it's all going to depend on how severe the damage afterwards is, correct?
We have been watching the weather to keep up with where exactly Irma is headed, but honestly, I cannot make heads or tails of it at this point. Seems like we keep hearing, "too soon to tell" or "there are a lot of unknown factors at play." Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

All depends on the damage the hurricane causes. For Orlando, just my personal opinion, I don't think there will be significant damage and I'd expect everything to basically be back to normal by Tuesday/Wednesday

As long as it keeps on its same path I don't see Orlando experiencing flooding, debri filled roads, etc. So I think you'll be fine by the 15th, but no one will know until much closer

I just checked with the front desk at Pop. They said that if I were to check out early, as long as I check out before 11am they will refund my remaining nights. If I wanted/needed to extend my dates instead, they are currently offering 40% off rack rate for room extensions in view of the hurricane.

Debating now whether to check out early or to try to ride out this hurricane at Pop...

Someone asked earlier about the resort food supplies. As of tonight at 11:45, Beach Club Marketplace was fully stocked and they were adding items as we were leaving.

After seeing that MCO closing announcement I guess I can say I made the right call to change my departure from Sunday night to Wednesday. My daughter is so glad I am here with her and of course I am too. I would have been a basket case worrying about her if I had gone home.

Here's hoping we all stay safe!

I wonder why MCO is closing on Saturday when Irma is not suppose to have reached Southern Florida by 5pm Saturday.

Wow. WOW.

3:42 is my flight.

What Tiki god did I please to get this lucky?

Don't breathe easy until you're off the ground. :goodvibes Our Orlando flight was to depart at 1 PM with the Houston airport announcement of a 3 PM closing due to Hurricane Ike. We were very uneasy with "cutting it that close" and managed to get an early morning flight to Tampa instead. The airport closed early at noon. :rolleyes: Needless to say, we were GLAD we moved our flight. ::yes:: :tink:

For those with dining plan change concerns, we just moved our trip back from arriving at beach club on Saturday to now arriving tuesday. We extended the lost days on the end but availability had gone everywhere but POP according to guest services, so we are having to switch there for three nights. The 504 pounds refund softened the blow!
She did state however that even if we had switched to a different deluxe the dining plan would still have been lost?
Seems at odds with what someone said earlier. Hopefully will be all clear to land by late Tuesday and ive got my fingers crossed for you all there with more at stake than a delayed holiday.
We get married on the thursday so hopefully there will be no delays!

Yeah its a bummer but at least we only lose out on airfare and were refunded for the hotel/tickets. Stay safe, everyone!

Yesterday the CM told me that if any of the flights were canceled that she could issue a refund for all as per the AA policy. With the closing of MCO at 5pm Saturday - Sunday my departure flight would be canceled and I should get a refund. Not sure if this helps you at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter