Hurricane Irma?

Glad I got gas yesterday. Many stations down in SW Florida are now out of gas until they get another truck in.

Fingers crossed this storm just keeps pushing further and further East

Actually according to the latest NHC update, it has taken on an even more northwesterly course.

I think if u want up to date info on water availability just check your tap. Fill pitchers and Tupperware containers. If your want less tap then CALL the store.

I have visited 3 walmarts and only one had water on pallets that there was a line for and sams had notes on the door that said NO WATER

Still time to install a faucet tap filter and fill fill fill

I was speaking of Orlando. Lol. I assumed that is where they needed it for. I'm not there and they aren't there yet either.

An earlier poster asked about what conditions were like at the resort if they decided to go. I haven't seen a response on that yet and think it was a great question. We have moved up our arrival to Saturday morning, but still could cancel. Waiting as long as possible. We are more fortunate that we are booked flights on points and room on dvc. So if we cancel we won't really be out much. However, we would not be able to reschedule due to our work schedule. If we decide to go, any previous experience on resorts. Like, are public areas open, or do I really have to stay in my room for 24 hours. Power off/on? Cable off/on? These seem like silly questions, and in the grand scheme of things are trivial, but help in our preparedness.

An earlier poster asked about what conditions were like at the resort if they decided to go. I haven't seen a response on that yet and think it was a great question. We have moved up our arrival to Saturday morning, but still could cancel. Waiting as long as possible. We are more fortunate that we are booked flights on points and room on dvc. So if we cancel we won't really be out much. However, we would not be able to reschedule due to our work schedule. If we decide to go, any previous experience on resorts. Like, are public areas open, or do I really have to stay in my room for 24 hours. Power off/on? Cable off/on? These seem like silly questions, and in the grand scheme of things are trivial, but help in our preparedness.

I really think people could gain a lot by skimming the hurricane Matthew thread that I linked a page or so ago. It is full of info of how it went down last time. My memory from last time is it depended a lot on your resort. If you could go from your room to public areas and stay inside like GF, cont, etc then you would not be stuck in your room. Most of these places had entertainment CMs and characters and it looked like a lot of fun. There was karaoke with characters even.

At CSR where my husband was it was mandatory stay in your room. But people did not abide but that all that much. I know my husband found his way into the president of the company suite where they had a party and poker.

You have to remember with Matthew it was a lot of warning and worry but in the end Orlando did not get the brunt of it.

We decided to cancel our trip. We were coming in this Friday. I had to cancel flights and tickets and garden grocer. Garden grocer is keeping a 25% restocking fee. I am disappointed with their decision.

That is totally ridiculous about Garden Grocer and if I were you, I would post that on a separate thread and let people know. Today is only Wednesday. There is no way that they packed your order for Friday already. Garden Grocer charging you for anything is disgusting. Put a rating on their website also. Not acceptable!!!

I am at a loss of what to do. Suppose to arrive on Sat, using my DVC points. I won't lose anything if I cancel but I have so much planning time into this trip. However it is not worth being in the middle of a Hurricane. Guess I'll wait one more day and see what the predictions are.

Unfortunately, I think it's so hard to say because no one knows how much damage is going to stay after the storm passes thru (if it does).

Pretty funny!
That is super important and if I were you, I would post that on a separate thread and let people know. Today is only Wednesday. There is no way that they packed your order for Friday already. Garden Grocer charging you for anything is disgusting. Put a rating on their website also. Not acceptable!!!
I think I agree. If it was the day before or the same day that would make sense but being a few days before I find it unlikely they have to restock. Do they really pack things 3 days in advance? Maybe there are other factors that we don't now but I think you need an explanation from them.

Question for anyone there now: are the shelves of the Resort shops stripped bare?

I still don't know what I'm going to do. I'm scheduled to fly in Friday morning and then fly to CA for Disneyland on Wed. I can cancel my Friday Spirit flight for free, but modifying the cities (and flying to LAX instead) would still have a fee. Frontier would waive the fee even if I changed destination, but my flight with them is the one on the 13th and they're only waiving fees through the 12th right now. So either way, it's probably going to cost me if I cancel the WDW portion of my trip.

Argh! I keep waffling. I'm probably going to decide at the last possible minute.
No, not at all, at least at POR. Honestly if I didn't know better I would think everything were normal. Maybe a little quieter than usual but that's it.

lg_spaghetti.jpg

New update has it back more west then this morning. Let's hope it goes back to the east but this deff sucks so far.

Grr

I personally like that white And purple line all the way to right

I'm scheduled to arrive September 16th, and SW has their travel alert to the 17th, but I think at that point the hurricane will be long gone so the only thing that i think could impact my flight i is if there is extensive damage to the Orlando area... So for now I'm just gonna play it by ear.

No, not at all, at least at POR. Honestly if I didn't know better I would think everything were normal. Maybe a little quieter than usual but that's it.

Disney will keep it very status quo until they can't. That's why if you are there you will need to pay attention to what is going on outside the bubble. Or just have your preps ready at your room and go until you are ushered out of the park (if it comes to that.)

Has anyone canceled their Disney package and it is still showing up on their my disney account as not canceled? I am starting to stress over all this.
Same here. I called back and they said give it 24 hours to update. They are behind in their processing..........might be because of the over rides required. (just my guess)

I am literally so stressed right now i could cry. I realize we are lucky and dealing with only a vacation and thankfully not our home (as others are here, many prayers with all of you) This was supposed to be a family trip between my DH, my DM and DD. She beat breast cancer earlier this year and we were going to celebrate! I have changed my flight with Delta (waiting 3.5 hours for a call back) to friday, to then learn there are ZERO rooms at WDW. and i asked from Value (where we were staying) all the way to deluxe. They have NOTHING open. At this point i am on hold trying to reschedule to November but my parents are so upset, and still want to continue down. I don't feel it's best for us to head down into a major hurricane when we in Kentucky have never experienced one. I am hoping that if i move my dates to the November free dining they will still keep my free dining for me. I am so upset, i work 3rd shift as a 9-1-1 dispatcher so moving my schedule for a vacation is not easy. Irma can suck it!!! I cant believe all this planning and watching my countdown has come to this :( good luck to everyone no matter your plans

If you really want to travel down and get there early, how about trying to stay at a close hotel to MCO and use there shuttle to get to and from MCO, instead of staying on Disney property? If you get in Friday, stay at a close Marriott/Hilton, have the shuttle pick you up. Then shuttle back on Saturday to the airport for the magical express? I am assuming your check in is Saturday.

For those flying JetBlue, they're issuing waivers for anyone traveling between now and Sunday evening, so if you decide to cancel, you should be reimbursed for that. I booked my flight using trueblue points and their customer service rep was so encouraging and helpful. For what it's worth, when I told her I was going to rebook for the 28th instead, she said I would be glad I did- she lives in Orlando and while they might not get hit, she thinks we'll enjoy the trip more in 3 weeks than we would trying to battle the craziness this week.

Fortunately, much of our trip was refundable so I'm only out around $80 if I can't get my return flight refunded. I understand that if you can't reschedule or would be faced with huge fees to do so, canceling isn't nearly as easy a decision to make. I'm grateful that I had the flexibility to be able to reschedule for a week that (fingers crossed) will see better weather. I was disappointed to reschedule so close to leaving, but trying to keep perspective that people down there are going to get it way worse than that- so I will be patient the next few weeks.

Wishing safe travels to anyone headed down to Orlando, or trying to head home early. I hope you all have a safe weekend!

I'm scheduled to arrive September 16th, and SW has their travel alert to the 17th, but I think at that point the hurricane will be long gone so the only thing that i think could impact my flight i is if there is extensive damage to the Orlando area... So for now I'm just gonna play it by ear.
I leave on the same day. I think all will be fine and if I'm wrong, I bet it will till be the greatest vacation ever!

That is totally ridiculous about Garden Grocer and if I were you, I would post that on a separate thread and let people know. Today is only Wednesday. There is no way that they packed your order for Friday already. Garden Grocer charging you for anything is disgusting. Put a rating on their website also. Not acceptable!!!

I originally got the same response from Garden Grocer. But recently they've indicated they will refund my money. I haven't cancelled my trip yet because the DVC Rental Store won't do any refunds. Does anyone know if David's DVC rental is doing refunds?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter