Hungry Bear Fantasmic sub off main menu?

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had success substituting a different meal off the main menu for the Hungry Bear Fantasmic dining package? They used to let you do this pre-covid. There is an extremely picky eater in my party who will not touch the package items with a 10-foot pole.

When we were there the first weekend of Fantasmic absolutely no substitutions and they wouldn’t even let me order any additional items off the regular menu—I was told I had to go use the regular line for those. Maybe they have loosened up since then.

When we were there the first weekend of Fantasmic absolutely no substitutions and they wouldn’t even let me order any additional items off the regular menu—I was told I had to go use the regular line for those. Maybe they have loosened up since then.
I feel like I remember that. This person in my party is soooooooo very picky (a teenager with some conditions) and I am having trouble identifying even one package amongt the three (RBT, HB and BB) that she will eat. I might just have to buy her a different meal and toss the one they give her. I wonder if they would just give her the entry voucher and not waste a meal.

I'm wondering about substitutions too. I'd love to do the F! package, but my 13 yr old is not enthused with the menu. Heck, I'm not even sure I'm enthused with the menu😂.

Just did this package, and was able to add item from the main menu but did not attempt any substitutions. Another gentleman near me did - he basically asked for ANYTHING they could put in his meal that wasn't the dessert or salad. I know for sure they said he could not substitute another meal off the main menu, and could not get any fries, but I believe they gave him vegetables.

So it seems like if you want to substitute something in your pre-fix meal for additional stuff that is already in your meal you are good to go, but if you are looking for a true substitution (i.e. fries instead of something) you are out of luck right now.

I feel like I remember that. This person in my party is soooooooo very picky (a teenager with some conditions) and I am having trouble identifying even one package amongt the three (RBT, HB and BB) that she will eat. I might just have to buy her a different meal and toss the one they give her. I wonder if they would just give her the entry voucher and not waste a meal.
There have been several positive reports of people being able to order off the normal menu for RBT, so that might be a better bet for you than HB which appears to be very set in menu and less flexible. Not sure of the experience at BB yet - hopefully it is more like RBT.

There have been several positive reports of people being able to order off the normal menu for RBT, so that might be a better bet for you than HB which appears to be very set in menu and less flexible. Not sure of the experience at BB yet - hopefully it is more like RBT.
We actually did RBT a few weeks ago and it was good for our party at the time. They were pretty flexible. But that menu unfortunately is even worse for the picky teen. I wonder if they would let her get a double portion off the kids menu there. She would eat the roasted chicken, which is very plain.

We got back a week ago. We did the Hungry Bear Fantasmic package and we were able to get hamburgers instead. Now I am already having a hard time remembering for sure, but i’m pretty sure that we got fries. We still got the desert it came with the package and I really enjoyed it.

We got back a week ago. We did the Hungry Bear Fantasmic package and we were able to get hamburgers instead. Now I am already having a hard time remembering for sure, but i’m pretty sure that we got fries. We still got the desert it came with the package and I really enjoyed it.
Thank you so much for this report!

We got back about a week ago and they offered a substitution without us asking for it. It was only a cheeseburger and fries. My party didn't have any issues with the original options so we stuck with the ribs. I would have gotten the fried green tomato sandwich if that was an option.

We got back about a week ago and they offered a substitution without us asking for it. It was only a cheeseburger and fries. My party didn't have any issues with the original options so we stuck with the ribs. I would have gotten the fried green tomato sandwich if that was an option.
This is great news! I have some picky eaters in my group, so nice to know they can get just a regular burger and fries.

Just wanted to circle back and report on our experience. We ended up doing River Belle Terrace as I thought it had a better likelihood of being accommodating for my friends and it was really outstanding. Our server was so helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. They do have gluten free bread and can make to sandwiches gluten free (the pulled sticky pork and the catfish).

My gluten-free friend ended up ordering tofu dish and really enjoyed it. The picky vegetarian teen was able to order the burnt ends grilled cheese with no meat or sauces so she was happy. The teen and my child didn’t want either of the starters on the Fantasmic menu and were just going to skip starters, but the server offered to bring us the pimento cheese dip, which comes with a super tasty pretzel bread. I had the salad starter from the Fantasmic menu and it was good.

Two of us ordered chocolate pudding from the kids menu/regular menu and it was so good. Overall a great experience and we asked to be seated indoors as it was blazing hot today and they easily accommodated us with no wait.

5F7F29E0-BC2A-40FE-9528-D511BB7396EE.jpeg
BB921EB5-1B11-49EA-BE1B-CB653105489E.jpeg
D850DF2D-9C0B-47E0-AF95-1FB463BA3006.jpeg
82C73F93-8AB5-47FC-A456-71686C8B3886.jpeg

Just wanted to circle back and report on our experience. We ended up doing River Belle Terrace as I thought it had a better likelihood of being accommodating for my friends and it was really outstanding. Our server was so helpful and knowledgeable about the menu. They do have gluten free bread and can make to sandwiches gluten free (the pulled sticky pork and the catfish).

My gluten-free friend ended up ordering tofu dish and really enjoyed it. The picky vegetarian teen was able to order the burnt ends grilled cheese with no meat or sauces so she was happy. The teen and my child didn’t want either of the starters on the Fantasmic menu and were just going to skip starters, but the server offered to bring us the pimento cheese dip, which comes with a super tasty pretzel bread. I had the salad starter from the Fantasmic menu and it was good.

Two of us ordered chocolate pudding from the kids menu/regular menu and it was so good. Overall a great experience and we asked to be seated indoors as it was blazing hot today and they easily accommodated us with no wait.

Thanks for sharing! We are going in September and we are mostly vegetarian. I am vegetarian, hubby & son are the same plus fish. The tofu dish looks good! Nice to know about the desserts, too!

The teen and my child didn’t want either of the starters on the Fantasmic menu and were just going to skip starters, but the server offered to bring us the pimento cheese dip, which comes with a super tasty pretzel bread.

Glad you had a good time! We loved our experience as well, so much so we are doing it again in August. I wlll have to keep this tip in my back pocket if my server will do it. Our last server was so awesome and accommodating. We told her that one of our kids was 11 and we would pay adult price but she wanted to order of the kids menu. She said there was no problem charging her the kids price. We mentioned she had her heart though set on the adult dessert and she subbed that in without any issue. She was more accommodating then we would have ever expected.

Glad you had a good time! We loved our experience as well, so much so we are doing it again in August. I wlll have to keep this tip in my back pocket if my server will do it. Our last server was so awesome and accommodating. We told her that one of our kids was 11 and we would pay adult price but she wanted to order of the kids menu. She said there was no problem charging her the kids price. We mentioned she had her heart though set on the adult dessert and she subbed that in without any issue. She was more accommodating then we would have ever expected.
Hope you have a good experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter