humphrey...elvis...james... marilyn...and the silver screen

capnblackbeard

0i 0i 0i<br><font color="00a0ba">Anybody know what
hey there man is anyone else going through this phase ltley im am very interested in old movie stars im trying to watch the movies thyve made so dar my fav. is some like it hot but i havnt seen much i wanna see casablanca..cleapatra..rebel without a cause...so do u guys no any other old classic flicks i should see?

OMG I LOVE YOU!!

Rissah(BabyLove99) are HUGE fans of classic movies!!

I've seen about 250 so far so I can recommend a lot!!

-Godfather(Part 1 and 2)
-Gone with the Wind
-Dr.Strangelove
-Chinatown(I just watched that 2nite...WOW! really good but I'm confused...lol)
-Vertigo
-Psycho
-The General
-Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?
-The Birth of a Nation
-Great Dicator
-Singin in the Rain
-All About Eve
-Sunset Blvd.
-Mr.Smith Goes to Washington
-African Queen
-Philadelphia story
-Yankee Doodle Dandy
-White Heat
-Public Enemy
and a ton more but I can't think of them off the top of my head!

a good place to start is with all the AFI lists ( www.afi.com ) and watch as many as you can. Most of the movies on the lists are really good!

These are some good ones...

-North by Northwest
-Bringing Up Baby
-Sabrina
-The Seven Year Itch
-My Man Godfrey

lots more but I love those lol

hey guys a definite thanks all these movie will keep me busy i can sometimes catch alotta good classics on the tmc channel also....well ill catch yeahs later!

you gotta get the now Playing Guide from TCM! for 11.95 a year you can get a channel guide for the month

August is Summer under the Stars! :teeth:
each day is dedicated to a different star and they are having 24 hours of that persons movies! I'M SOO EXCITED!

~Some Like It Hot
~Singin' In The Rain
~To Sir With Love
~Guess Who's Coming To Dinner
~Sabrina
~Funny Face
~Breakfast At Tiffany's
~Walk Don't Run
~Houseboat
~Indiscreet
~Come September
~Lover Come Back
~Pillow Talk
~Gidget
~That Touch Of Mink
~Move Over Darling (OR My Favourite Wife)
~Send Me No Flowers
~Cheaper By The Dozen
~West Side Story
~Father Goose
~Operation Petticoat
~Seven Brides For Seven Brothers
~Roman Holiday
~Arsenic and Old Lace
~Charade
~How To Steal A Million

Can you tell I watch more old movies then new movies???

czarina...you've seen alot of Audrey Hepburn movies, are you a big fan of hers? I LOVE her :) lol

hey man u guys are so dar ahead on the calssic films i gotta try to catch up lol. yeah i gotta get tmc...have u guys ever seen that movie the sullivans if so let me know cause im related to them. my grandma was a sulivan

we SOOO need to start a classic movie club! it would be fun!

like we pick a movie of the week and we all watch it and then comment on them, or we could pick a star of the week or the month or something!

Yes I like Audrey Hepburn alot! I also like Sidney Poiter, Cary Grant, Fred Astaire, Doris Day, Rock Hudson, Jack Lemmon, Bobby Darin, Tony Curtis and Sandra Dee.

I forgot to put "The Apartment" and "Goodbye Charlie". I might have to look at my movie when I get home and see what else I have forgotten. Oh, oh, oh...."Lilies Of The Field"

I'm all for a classic film club!!

Some of my favourites are,

• Some Like It Hot
  • Dr Strangelove
  • Kind Hearts and Coronets
  • Gentlemen Prefer Blondes
  • Kiss Me Kate
  • West Side Story
  • Casablanca
  • The Philadelphia Story
  • The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
  • An Affair To Remember
  • Cinema Paradiso
  • Showboat
  • Jean De Florette
  • Battleship Potemkin

I like old Russian films best. But I wouldn't really recommend them to anyone else. They're quite an acquired taste. But everyone should watch Battleship Potemkin anyway, because then you can understand what so many different films are ripping off.

ok I'll start a new post on our movie club! YAY!!! (Suzi-this can be an education tool for all the wanna be classic movie fans! lol)

wow I guess i need to go out and rent a few classic movies. Which are a must? Like for the beginners? Because I know all of you are AVID Classic Movie watchers.. give me a few CLASSIC CLASSICs to start off with :) And I am not talking about like 20 movies (jules/marissa/suzi i know you could list like 50 off the tip of your tounge) maybe like 5-10 (if you can narrow it down to that). Thanks guys!

yeah im not as advanced in the lcassics as the others but my top 5 are

1) breakfast at tiffineys
2) some like it hot
3)rebel with out a cause
4)cleapatra
5)east of eden ...(iread the book for that one so it might be confusing or boaring for you plus its really long but hey it has james in it)

Maggie-here's a list of 10 must sees

1-Singin' in the Rain-to start off the musicals
2-Gone with the Wind-to start off the ultimate classics
3-Some Like it Hot-to start off the comedies
4-Casablanca-to start off the romances
5-Mr. Smith Goes to Washington-to start off the proud to be an American
6-Dr. Strangelove-to start off the satires aka comedies(this is seriously the world's funniest film!)
7-Psycho-to start off the Hitch movies
8-Breakfast at Tiffanys-to start off the Audrey movies
9-Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?-to start off Katharine/Spencer
10-The Philadelphia Story-to start off Cary Grant

Maggie, Breakfast at Tiffany's is my favorite movie, you definitely gotta watch it! Audrey Hepburn is the best

alright lemme go write these down... I'm going to have to make sunday a movie day and just sit down and watch movies for like 24 hours!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter