Hulk Compared to Rip Ride Rocket

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
How do these two coasters compare? I have been on Hulk but never Rid Ride. Is Rip Ride a rougher ride?

I don`t think it`s as good as The Hulk, but the climb and first three quarters of the ride is fun, last part I don`t really enjoy, but many do.

It is rough at times, so we always ask for the front, even the first two rows are much smoother than if you ride further back. To sit to the back of the cars can be extraordinarily rough.

Not to be missed though.....that first climb is nothing short of fun!!

Rip is my favorite ride!!! I found hulk to be rougher on my neck. I always consciously keep my head pinned back against the seat to help. It was harder for me on hulk but still a great ride!

I also find Hulk to be rougher than RRR (my favorite ride at US), but I've seen just as many people say the opposite. I tend to bang my head against the over-the-shoulder restraints on Hulk, where RRR just has the lap bar.

I thought RRR was a smooth ride. On the hulk, I feel I get a concussion from the side-to-side jerkiness every time I ride.

Hulk is more intense. They're both fairly smooth for big roller coasters. I think Hulk felt rougher.

Hulk was the only ride where my mask was in danger of coming off, and it was blown down and needed to be fixed several times. I'd recommend a disposable mask or a mask that you aren't super fond of for Hulk, just in case. Mask stayed put without issue on RRR & Hagrids.

I prefer Hulk. Not only is it a great coster with the best launch and multiple inversions, it doesn't have the 90 degree uphill that RRR does. That initial hill is the scariest thing in the parks for me lol.

I found RRR far too rough whilst The Hulk to be repeatedly ridable. Hulk is one of my favourite rides and I love coasters, but RRR was one and done for me.

RRR is my favorite - I can do Hulk once on a trip but I come off that feeling like I've been through a washing machine! Take a chance to appreciate the view at the top of RRR before you go down - and ask to ride in front if you've never done that! Thrilling ride!

Hulk jerks me around more than RRR. Frankly, after the initial climb and drop of RRR, the ride is a little boring. Hulk is more intense throughout, but I will say that the initial climb of RRR is the most intense!

I want to love RRR because I love the idea of my own music. I really don't like it. No matter how much I push my head back or try to keep it still, I'm still whipped around a ton. I get my Kickstart My Heart in and then have buyers remorse. Hulk is so much smoother.

When I rode RRR last time I felt like I was in a car accident when I got off of it. I loved the first part of the ride but the rest was terrible. I think it has to do with the seats. They are really hard plastic.

It definitely makes a difference how you ride. For RRR, I have my hands up the whole way, leaning out into every curve. I don't ever touch the back of the seat and am mostly floating out of the seat, so I barely feel any bumps. I could ride a dozen times and not blink an eye. My wife is a very tense rider and she feels every bump.

Because of the over-the-shoulder restraints on Hulk, I can't do the same thing as RRR. So while I love the loops and corkscrews (I admit to being a roller-coater junkie), I just wouldn't want more than 1 or 2 rides on it.

I will try riding your way, @cfoxga and see if it goes smoother. I'm such a fan of Hulk that a couple years ago my daughter and I rode it 7 times in a row.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter