Howl O Scream Sea World 2023-Update 2024 Dates Announced!

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Edit

2024 date (span) has been announced on twitter

IMG_4443.jpeg

2023 will be the third year for Howl O Scream at Sea World!đź‘»

The prior two years’ events were wonderful starts, to what many hope will be a great complement to the Orlando parks Halloween focused activities.

link to last year’s thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/howl-o-scream-sea-world-2022.3891073/#post-64299687

Again, this is a community driven thread, all are encouraged to post personal pictures & share their experiences of last year’s event!

This is a work in progress, feel free to post any information or questions you might have.

Event FAQS:

https://seaworld.com/orlando/events/howl-o-scream/faqs/

52E31E29-2A4B-4877-ACD0-3237518E8785.jpeg

CE81687C-DA1D-4427-867E-230484848953.jpeg

168FB00B-3C7D-4708-933E-F37E1F3A6100.jpeg

5505D74F-CB2A-457B-8B17-A6DFE021B394.jpeg

087D31DF-C51C-4FC9-8CE3-F5F9E7A9C335.jpeg

DD31B03C-F54F-4087-B527-5DE3AF99FD2F.jpeg

Last edited:

SW announced that Monster Stomp will be returning, so looking forward to seeing it again

SW announced that Monster Stomp will be returning, so looking forward to seeing it again
I did the drag Queen show in lieu of last year, missed it

Happy to hear it’s back, thanks for posting!

Did you enjoy it?

I thot the first year’s production was great

Has anyone ever done Howl o Scream at Busch Gardens in VA? I was thinking of trying it out, as it’s a bit closer to home and I might be able to get more affordable transportation to it. But the tickets seem more expensive because it’s included in a daytime ticket rather than a separately ticketed event, so I can’t just buy for HoS. Have to work the math, but wondering if anyone can give insight to the event to help me decide if it’s “worth it” for my family (I realize worth is subjective).

We do plan to come down to Orlando for HHN, but just for a weekend and honestly wouldn’t get over to Sea World that trip.

Has anyone ever done Howl o Scream at Busch Gardens in VA? I was thinking of trying it out, as it’s a bit closer to home and I might be able to get more affordable transportation to it. But the tickets seem more expensive because it’s included in a daytime ticket rather than a separately ticketed event, so I can’t just buy for HoS. Have to work the math, but wondering if anyone can give insight to the event to help me decide if it’s “worth it” for my family (I realize worth is subjective).

We do plan to come down to Orlando for HHN, but just for a weekend and honestly wouldn’t get over to Sea World that trip.
I live in VA and have been to both VA parks for Halloween (or either worked or had family working at the parks). The biggest difference between HHN and both Howl O Scream (Busch) and Halloween Haunt (Kings Dominion) in Virginia is that you don't really have IP present throughout the park for Halloween stuff. While HHN might have "Walking Dead," Kings Dominion has previously had Zombie High and I can't remember Busch's zombie maze. It is also not as substantial a backstory but they do still have storylines in the mazes at the other parks.

One other big difference will be the presence of kids under 13. You also have products such as "no boo" necklaces or bracelets which people can purchase so that monsters will not scare them. This greatly impacts the overall atmosphere although in the specific scare areas it doesn't have too much effect. At either park I do recommend getting their express pass equivalent though since the lines do get long. Attendance is driven mostly by weather. While Busch Gardens does only have the full day tickets, Kings Dominion usually does not open until 7pm on Fridays so there is often a cheaper ticket option for those nights.

If they are closer or more convenient parks for you to go to by that time of year both parks also often have deals where you can purchase 2024 season passes which include the remainder of 2023. This allows access to the Halloween and Christmas events for both calendar years.

They nixed some dates! Sundays in Sept, Thurs 10/12, & Mon 10/30 (which was of course my planned day...).
Thanks for posting!

I just noticed it a couple of days ago, guess I shave off a Saturday of my planned HHN visits

A bit uneasy re going first weekend. Has anyone done that here?

I’ve always skipped the first two weeks of the Orlando haunts, thinking it takes the actors some time to settle into their roles. Guess I’ll find out this year

This will be our first time going to this event. It says the event starts at 7:00. Is that the time we get to go in? I thought I read somewhere that we can get in at 6:00, please correct me if I am wrong. Also, we will be taking a lyft/uber from portifino bay, is the pickup and dropoff pretty close to the entrance?(never been to sea world orlando). thanks for any advice or information.

Also, we will be taking a lyft/uber from portifino bay, is the pickup and dropoff pretty close to the entrance?(never been to sea world orlando). thanks for any advice or information.
As you look at main entrance of SW, the ride share area is to the left…no more than a five min walk.

The gate to enter & exit howl o scream is a good min+ plus to the right of the main entrance

That’s with fresh legs lol. It seemed to take us a good 20 min to walk to ride share area after a long, fun night

We’ve always been inside the park as day guests in a holding zone/sitting at a bar vs at the main gate. Maybe someone could clarify for you

FYI this supports charity. Reservations go very fast.

can grab a nice dinner for $40 plus tax & tip and have option to enjoy the regular park hours afterwards, pre HoS

https://www.magicaldining.com/listing/sharks-underwater-grill/44694/

Sharks Underwater Grill Magical Dining Priority Seating​

Enjoy a three-course, prix-fixe dinner at Sharks Underwater Grill and support local charities as part of Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining® program. Reservations available through October 2.

â—Ź $40 three-course, prix-fixe dinner includes an appetizer, entree, and dessert
â—Ź $1 from each meal served will benefit one or more deserving local charities
â—Ź No park admission required. Participants are invited to enjoy their evening in the park after their meal
â—Ź Priority Seating allows guests to reserve a time online for our unique dining experience

Menu

Appetizers​

• Grilled Lamb ChopsRoasted Potatoes, Rosemary, Greek Tzatziki Sauce
  • Cold Water Lobster BisquePoached Lobster, Sherry Cream
    NUT-FREE | GLUTEN-FREE
  • Caprese SaladSliced Tomatoes, Mozzarella Cheese, Drizzled with Balsamic Vinaigrette
    NUT-FREE | GLUTEN-FREE

EntrĂ©es​

• Filet Mignon8oz Grilled Beef, Cabernet Demi Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Seasonal Vegatables
    NUT-FREE | GLUTEN-FREE
  • Claxton Family Farms ChickenRosemary Roasted Chicken Breast, Confit Potatoes, Pancetta, Braised Greens, Shiitake Mushroom Sauce
    NUT-FREE | GLUTEN-FREE
  • Miso Roasted Atlantic SalmonMiso Ginger Glaze, Furikake, Nori, Daikon, Japanese Sticky Rice
    NUT-FREE|GLUTEN-FREE | DAIRY-FREE

Desserts​

• Chocolate Cake ConfusionBrownie and chocolate cake filled with fudge and enrobed in chocolate ganache, garnished with pieces of brownie and white chocolate chips
  • White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake
  • Cannoli CakeFour layers of yellow cake filled with orange cream, cream cheese and chocolate chips. Iced with cream cheese and garnished with a filled cannoli
  • *Add vanilla ice cream to any dessert at an extra cost

Is anyone going opening weekend?

For those who have been before, how necessary are the express passes? I am going Halloween night, which I assume would be busy.

Last edited:
So, over the two years thus far…

Has anyone gone the first night?

Wondering if they have a run thru preview or two to get scareactors settled into their roles

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts