How to work a 2 night package?

markhamont

Earning My Ears
Hello! We are staying mid July and I would like to book a package. However, the max is 2 nights with three park days. In order to maximize our time we would like to stay in the area the night before and the night after. Has anyone done this?

Ie I would love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for the package but it makes more sense to stay at the Hilton before and after- but that is a lot of moving around. How do people work it?

I booked a 3-day package for Ambassador Hotel and will book a room only reservation at Ambassador Hotel for before and after the package. First I wanted to book Hilton Tokyo Bay after the package as we are leaving for Tokyo the next day. But it’s too much effort on the last day to visit the park and check in for another hotel with luggage in tow. I stayed in HKDL Kingdom Club before and didn’t get to really enjoy the amenities. I believe this would be true for TDR as well, so I have decided to stay at Ambassador this trip to balance value and convenience.

Luggage should get transferred to Hilton Tokyo Bay when check in at the Welcome Center.

This has been my biggest question too! If yo uget one of the vacation packages with fastpasses though I was thinking you could use them mainly on day one?

This has been my biggest question too! If yo uget one of the vacation packages with fastpasses though I was thinking you could use them mainly on day one?

You should be able to use the fastpasses from the check-in day to the check-out day. MKTokyo posted a pic of the fastpasses in this thread. It seems to be a 2-day one night package and you can see that the fastpasses are valid for two days.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/vacation-package-fast-passes.3732137/#post-60206712

I have a 3-day package and I am planning to add 1.5 days before the package due to the closure of Monsters Inc. (July 2) and Sindbad’s Storybook (July 1). I am arriving on June 30 by adding one day to the original plan and not visiting Ikspiari on arrival day. I may spread out the use of the fastpasses over the three days or mainly use them on the last two days to either repeat our favourites or ride new rides with long wait times. I wonder attraction closures due to inclement weather at TDR. This may affect usage of fastpasses. I visited HKDL during a typhoon last year. Outdoor rides were all closed and I couldn’t use all my fastpasses on rides that we wanted since we only had one day to use the Kingdom Club fastpasses as we didn’t visit the park on arrival day.

Last edited:

Hello! We are staying mid July and I would like to book a package. However, the max is 2 nights with three park days. In order to maximize our time we would like to stay in the area the night before and the night after. Has anyone done this?

Ie I would love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel for the package but it makes more sense to stay at the Hilton before and after- but that is a lot of moving around. How do people work it?
We arrived very early on the first morning - this meant missed park time as you had to wait for the welcome center to open to pick up package tickets then we went straight to hotel dumped our stuff and went to the parks (this took a lot of time as they proudly showed us our room and all the features in the room)!. The night after we booked a cheap hotel in the area - it was HORRIBLE! We were so tired being at the parks that day and had to wait over an hour to check in - the room stank of cigarettes and we really didn't sleep well. We did have 2 big suitcases that we had to transfer ourselves. If we did it again we decided it would be totally worth it just to pay the premium to stay in Ambassador the whole time!

You should be able to use the fastpasses from the check-in day to the check-out day. MKTokyo posted a pic of the fastpasses in this thread. It seems to be a 2-day one night package and you can see that the fastpasses are valid for two days.

I have a 3-day package and I am planning to add 1.5 days before the package due to the closure of Monsters Inc. (July 2) and Sindbad’s Storybook (July 1). I am arriving on June 30 by adding one day to the original plan and not visiting Ikspiari on arrival day. I may spread out the use of the fastpasses over the three days or mainly use them on the last two days to either repeat our favourites or ride new rides with long wait times. I wonder attraction closures due to inclement weather at TDR. This may affect usage of fastpasses. I visited HKDL during a typhoon last year. Outdoor rides were all closed and I couldn’t use all my fastpasses on rides that we wanted since we only had one day to use the Kingdom Club fastpasses as we didn’t visit the park on arrival day.

I've been reading that most rides stay open during a typhoon in TDR. I think the majority of them are inside sort to speak according to TDR Explorer. It seems like none of the rides that close in Tokyo Disney Land are rides I care about, so if it's a typhoon i'll go there that day and hope for the best for the other days for Disney Sea. Since you said you're planning on adding days, which is a question the OP might have also, if vacation packages open 6 months in advance but regular hotel booking is only 4 months in advance, how do you bookend your vacation package???

We arrived very early on the first morning - this meant missed park time as you had to wait for the welcome center to open to pick up package tickets then we went straight to hotel dumped our stuff and went to the parks (this took a lot of time as they proudly showed us our room and all the features in the room)!. The night after we booked a cheap hotel in the area - it was HORRIBLE! We were so tired being at the parks that day and had to wait over an hour to check in - the room stank of cigarettes and we really didn't sleep well. We did have 2 big suitcases that we had to transfer ourselves. If we did it again we decided it would be totally worth it just to pay the premium to stay in Ambassador the whole time!

That is absolutely awful! I've been thinking about staying at the hilton bay before hand and having all my luggage sent over for the next day when the vacation package begins. I wonder if we could go to the disney hotel the day before to pick up our tickets and stuff or do we have to do that the morning after? If so we might have to splurge on the disney hotels or do the vacation package through the hilton bay hotel.

Last edited:
I've been reading that most rides stay open during a typhoon in TDR. I think the majority of them are inside sort to speak according to TDR Explorer. It seems like none of the rides that close in Tokyo Disney Land are rides I care about, so if it's a typhoon i'll go there that day and hope for the best for the other days for Disney Sea. Since you said you're planning on adding days, which is a question the OP might have also, if vacation packages open 6 months in advance but regular hotel booking is only 4 months in advance, how do you bookend your vacation package???

I am arriving on June 30. I booked my vacation package at Ambassador on January 1 for July 2-4 (6 months out). Then at 5 months out on Jan. 29, I booked the first 2-night hotel stay at Ambassador for June 30 and July 1. I booked a double room which is a different room category for my vacation package to save some money but I would have to transfer room. We will pack our stuff for the first two days in our carry-ons so we don’t have to unpack our suitcases. Tonight (Feb. 3), I will book my last night at Ambassador for July 4. This time I will book the same room type as the package so I don’t have to move room on the last night.

I wonder how I can add a day to my package ticket for July 1. It should be cheaper than buying a separate ticket. Worse comes to worst I will buy a one day ticket in addition to the After 6 Passport for our arrival day. I read a review saying that they were able to pick up their tickets from the Ticket Center on the day before their package check-in date. It’s not a recent review so it could be a past practice and not allowable anymore. I would email to inquire after I book my last night of stay tonight.

This is from the TDR FAQ section. It seems to be possible to upgrade the vacation package tickets to 4 days at either end of the package date. Does this mean I can access the tickets the day before the check-in date?

F8F0BD44-992A-4A1B-891B-B487F1501EB9.jpeg

This is from the TDR FAQ section. It seems to be possible to upgrade the vacation package tickets to 4 days at either end of the package date. Does this mean I can access the tickets the day before the check-in date?

View attachment 380142

Does this mean that when booking the vacation package you can add the days or can you only add the days once you are there? I also didn’t know they had a six day magic ticket???

Does this mean that when booking the vacation package you can add the days or can you only add the days once you are there? I also didn’t know they had a six day magic ticket???
I don’t think you can add when booking. I didn’t see that option. I think you can add once you get there. I just sent an email about this. I will report back once I receive any reply.

Oh man that's a little unfortunate considering they might not have room for you to upgrade to have more days.
I thought you were talking about tickets. Absolutely do not expect to be able to add hotel nights on arrival. Book them separately, in advance.

I thought you were talking about tickets. Absolutely do not expect to be able to add hotel nights on arrival. Book them separately, in advance.
Thanks. I’ve got a Hilton rewards so I should be able to book it enough in advance for extra days before or after.

I emailed TDR to inquire about getting the package tickets to add days before the vacation package starts. I got an email the next day telling me to call. I just called. First I gave the CM my reservation numbers and got my 3 reservations linked:
June 30-2 Room only
July 2-4 Vacation Package
July 4-5 Room only

And YES, you can get your package tickets before the vacation package check-in day.

I was told to pick up my package kit from the Ticket Center at Ikspiari on June 30. Then I can either check into my hotel and upgrade my tickets there or I can upgrade the tickets at the Welcome Center (Maihama Station) if I am not going to the hotel right away. The package kit can only be picked up from the Ticket Center. If upgrading to 5 days is cheaper than upgrading to 4 days plus the After 6 Passport for June 30, I would upgrade to 5 days and visit the park earlier on the arrival day.

The CM was very helpful and friendly. The call took 20 min. I used the Keep Calling App and it cost $1.80. I am happy that I am able to upgrade the tickets and get the package kit on my arrival day. Hope everything goes as planned.

Hope this helps. Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!