How to use priceline??

A few things to know about Priceline:

1. Reservations are non-refundable when you use Name Your Own Price.
2. Rooms are only guaranteed to accommodate a maximum of 2 people.
3. No guarantee which amenities your hotel will have. (e.g., shuttle, pool).

If #2 or 3 above is important, I suggest you use Hotwire instead. You will pay a bit more but still get a great deal. Plus you can book rooms for up to 4 people and you know what amenities the hotel has before you book.

HotelDealsRevealed.com is another good Priceline and Hotwire 'helper' website.

Thanks for the warning about Priceline's occupancy limit of only 2 people per room. Not something I want to risk. HotelDealsRevealed seems like an excellent resource as well.

Thanks for the warning about Priceline's occupancy limit of only 2 people per room. Not something I want to risk. HotelDealsRevealed seems like an excellent resource as well.

Just a point of clarification...

Priceline does not have an occupancy LIMIT of only 2 people per room.

Rather, Priceline GUARANTEES occupancy for 2 people per room. That generally means that some hotels have a single king or queen bed rather than two doubles or queens.

In my dozen or so years of using Priceline (at least 30 hotel stays), I've gotten a hotel that would accommodate only 2 people just once.

While it's a risk, I'd suggest that it's a rather small risk. I always recommend that Priceline users check hotel bedroom configuration online after they've won a Priceline bid and call the hotel to make a request if there are rooms with a single bed and rooms with two beds available. I've never been disappointed when I've done that.

Dick Taylor

just adding this to my to do list....we used orbitz last time.. we always seem get in at night ..and i pd about 60$... by airport...welll scaryyyyy no elevators pouring outside2nd fl steps.. carrying lugging,, everyone soaked,,, room was soaked carpet was wet, bugs in room.. hiked back to desk gave me a room further away up on 3rd fl.. uggg. it was bad... i'll use any help i can get for a cheap room...the only good part was we wanted to leave so bad kids were up at crack of dawn....still talk about that hotel..and they ask r we going to stay at the crappy hotel again...

I have a slight preference for Priceline over Hotwire, but I am not hesitant to use Priceline with 2 adult and 2 smaller children. I have been given a room with one king and either a pull out sofa bed or just a sofa with no bed on a few occassions. We have managed and I think it's worth the cost savings even if you may not get your most preferred bedding. If I had full size children or more than 2 adults, I may not take the chance on Priceline. I think not receiving two beds is more likely to happen if you check in late or have an extended stay in which the bedding you want may not be available for one of the nights of your stay. Priceline is also more of risk with more than 2 adults for places like NYC in which many hotels have rooms with only 1 bed.

I looked this place up on tripadvisor and it looks like its less than 35.00 worth with cockroaches everywhere. I looked up Baymont Inn and suites and looks to not have many good if any good reviews for Black Lake RD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter