How to rent my confirmed reservation.

gdrj

Boardwalk owner since 1999
Been a DVC member since 98, I have never rented out points.

Quick question if I have a resv., instead of cancelling I thought someone might want that night. I'm assuming I can rent for a flat dollar amount instead of a cost per point. Any guidance is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flat dollar amount and cost per point has no real difference except how the price is presented and offering it for one total sum would be fine since it is an already-made reservation.

As to where to make the offer, this site has a rental page but it has many rules, including those limiting rentals of already existing reservations, see https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...nt-trade-policies-updated-09-01-2019.3734006/ so you need to read through all the rules to see if you can even do it on this site.

If you have never rented before and do not want to spend a lot of time learning what you actually have to do, including such things as preparing contracts, putting in required terms, things you need to tell the renter up front, etc., you might want to try going through a rental broker that does DVC, although I do not know their willingness to handle already-made reservations.

If the reservation is more than 31 days away, you will not be able to use the DIS unless you pay for a Premium Rental Plan. See this web page for more info.

If the reservation is less than 31 days away, you may offer it on the R/T Board. The fee to do so may be waived if you have made at least 8 posts per month in at least 4 of the 6 previous months with a total of 50 posts in the previous 6 months.

If you decide to offer it on the DIS Rent/Trade Board (the only forum on the DIS where rentals may be offered), be sure to read the REQUIRED READING thread before you post.

FYI, David's (www.dvcrequest.com) will handle existing reservations if you'd rather use a broker than do it yourself.

If OP decides to use a broker and the reservation can be canceled (ie: no holding points), then it's probably easier to just cancel & rent out the equivalent points. The broker I inquired about renting out a confirmed reservation in the past offers no advantage at all, even if the reservation is during desirable times or at a highly sought after resort. I supposed it would be much easier to rent that out if it's otherwise not bookable, but the potential renter pool may be small depending on a number of factors (ie: size of villa, number of days, actual dates, etc.). I had previously hoped to rent out a reservation at a higher rate (than what's published per point wise) because it took me a lot of effort (ie: waking up real early on first day of 7 month window--I am on west coast) and some luck (!) to secure that reservation (I rather used it myself if I could).

LAX

We rented our existing reservation, last month, through David’s. It was the first time for us, too. It was very easy and the reservation went shockingly fast.

Thank you for all of the responses. I appreciate it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter