How to make a Room Request

DVC Mike

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Making a Room Request

http://i235.*************************************UsingDVC/RoomRequest.png

"Location, Location, Location" is a familiar phrase real estate agents use when buying a house, but it also applies to your room at a DVC resort. The room you are assigned can have a positive or negative impact on your Disney vacation.

When booking a resort you can request a specific location. This can be an area, a specific building, or even a specific room. Please do note that while Disney will do their best to honor all requests, they are not guaranteed.

What should you consider when when choosing?

• Near to lobby and restaurants
  • Upper or Lower floor
  • Close to a particular pool
  • Close to a bus stop
  • A quieter area

How do you make a room request?

http://i235.*************************************UsingDVC/RoomRequest2.png​

People used to commonly fax room requests directly to a resort, but that is an obsolete practice. Some still try calling the resort within 10 days prior to check-in, but you're talking to a call center and not to the resort, so I'm not sure if this practice is effective.

It is generally best if you make a room request that is a general description that emphasize what's important to you, as it is more likely to be granted rather than a specific room number request. This way, the cast member assigning your room will know why you wanted the room as opposed to just a specific number.

Reservations are sent to the resorts about 4-5 days beforehand when a room assigner goes through all of them and starts to assign rooms.

I've been told the room assignment process is very intricate.

Here is a room assigner in action, practicing the art of room assignment:

http://i235.*************************************UsingDVC/RoomAssign.png
And WebmasterDoc gets room number...​

http://i235.*************************************Misc/RelatedThreads.png
http://i235.************************************************************* DVC Mike - *******.com

I have found that sending an email via the member website works best for us. It takes a few days but MS sends you a confirmation email back when they have modified the reservation.

I'm pretty sure that Handicap-accessible by law is now a booking category and not a request. If all HC rooms have been booked, location requests based on medical or HC need take priority.

:earsboy: Bill

I have found that sending an email via the member website works best for us. It takes a few days but MS sends you a confirmation email back when they have modified the reservation.

I'm pretty sure that Handicap-accessible by law is now a booking category and not a request. If all HC rooms have been booked, location requests based on medical or HC need take priority.

I agree about the email!

Thanks Bill! I've updated post #1 to reflect your feedback. Much appreciated.

Thanks Bill! I've updated post #1 to reflect your feedback. Much appreciated.

Thanks Mike, all of your hard work is looking good!

Will your DCV info center threads become stickies at some point?

We always call MS for our requests. But after receiving Bill's (disneynutz) advice here on the DISboards we started sending emails. It worked like a charm for our last two trips.

Thanks Mike, all of your hard work is looking good!

Will your DCV info center threads become stickies at some point?

The moderators don't want the separate threads be be stickies. Only the DVC Information Center will be a sticky.

The moderators don't want the separate threads be be stickies. Only the DVC Information Center will be a sticky.

If they won't be stickies will you keep putting them at the top of the threads. I would hate for them to get lost because they are awesome threads. I guess I'll just start bookmarking all of them now!! Thanks for all you're doing. I am thoroughly enjoying reading everything.

One exception to not requesting room numbers is VGC. I'm sitting in a 1 bedroom right now watching World of Color. My request was listing the 5 room numbers out of the 23 1 bedrooms that have good park views. Second time it has worked. The trip before that I requested "park view" and we faced the woods.

Great advice Mike! I too have used the emailed version a couple of times and generally get what we want. I will let you know if we end up in Turtle Pond with our Grand Villa at OKW for our next trip. That one was emailed in, as well as online check in. We also requested Turtle pond and "traveling with" distinctions for 2 studios for Friday night.

If they won't be stickies will you keep putting them at the top of the threads. I would hate for them to get lost because they are awesome threads. I guess I'll just start bookmarking all of them now!! Thanks for all you're doing. I am thoroughly enjoying reading everything.

Take a look at the Resource Center. You will probably find a link to all the threads you like so much. :)

I rented points from an individual; we have family who decided to go along to help with my son & feel more comfortable renting using dvc rental. I asked them (dvc rental) about noting on the reservation to have connecting rooms because the are going with us to help with our son with medical needs; the person I spoke to said it couldn't be done. Does this person just not know the system or can you not request connecting rooms? I know it's not guaranteed only a request.

So our 2nd room, a grand villa got none of our requests. We requested turtle pond or close to bus stop. We ended up in bldg 16. Not close to bus stop and definitely not even close to either of our requests

I rented points from an individual; we have family who decided to go along to help with my son & feel more comfortable renting using dvc rental. I asked them (dvc rental) about noting on the reservation to have connecting rooms because the are going with us to help with our son with medical needs; the person I spoke to said it couldn't be done. Does this person just not know the system or can you not request connecting rooms? I know it's not guaranteed only a request.

Which resort and room types do you have? Poly has connecting studios that you can request but the other resorts do not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!