How to display your pins ...

Fºoºz

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any links to sites that sell pin display cases or any suggestions on how to display your various Disney pins ... it's time for the pins to come out from storage and be displayed :bounce:

I know this will sound a little different but I have used some pins to decorate switchplate covers in our home. I take the switch plate cover off (or buy a different one), sponge or brush paint it with colors that will complement the pins as well as the room it will be in, drill a hole large enough for the pin to go through, and then secure the pin to the switchplate (silicone glue and household cement have both done well). Before you drill the hole, make sure the pin itself will not contact any part of the wiring or the actual switch once the switchplate is put back on. If it will fit, I put the pin back back on. I then put the switchplate back on. We've pretty well "gone Disney" as far as home decor goes so I've done several with pins from both the DS as well as pins obtained while at WDW.

Just an idea....

Well we3luvdisney, that is a great idea ... just send me your books and I'll happily put them in there and will display it proudly on a stand here at home ;) ;) ;)

4407mark ... that is one of the most original and unique ideas I have ever heard in a long time ... thanks!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thank you! I don't have a personal web site to post pictures to but I would be happy to send photos if you like. Just send me an e-mail and I'll forward some shots of the ones I've done so far...

Mark

Mark... If you want just send them off to me and I will post them on my site and send you the link so you can post...

Fºoºz,

You are too funny. I don't think my DW & DD will let me mail them to you. How about sending me your pins and then I'll take a picture of them and post them here.;)

Originally posted by we3luvdisney
Fºoºz,

You are too funny. I don't think my DW & DD will let me mail them to you. How about sending me your pins and then I'll take a picture of them and post them here.;)

That is too bad ... I just found a nice pedestal that your book would have looked lovely on ... with my pins in them ;) ;)

Originally posted by NHMickey

That is a unique way and I like it... Have any pictures to share? Here are a few of mine...
http://www.nhmickey.homestead.com/PinSets.html
Wow ... that is one big and impressive display!!
:bounce:

I have what I call a sash hanging on my wall with pins grouped by subject or whatever on them. My big one is my Beauty & the Beast sash. It's basically material sewn (or glued) in a rectangle and hung with a dowel & ribbon. The material can either be decorated with ribbon or edging depending on your taste and the subject. It gives me the ability to change the pins and add new ones with little to no problem.

Ashley

Thanks atlnewf ... that is another great idea! Better yet ... from a fellow dog/animal person!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!