How To Become A Travel Agent?

SoloWeCantHearYou

Earning My Ears
I'm relatively new to The Dis (listening for two years) and brand new to the boards, so my apologies if this has already been asked, but how do you get started as a Travel Agent if you have no Travel Industry experience? Other than planning my own trips and offering tips to friends based on my own travel experiences, I have no work experience in the Travel Industry. Looking to make a career change, but not sure where to start. Has The Dis done an episode on this topic?

@SoloWeCantHearYou - Here is one about becoming a Dream Unlimited Travel agent - I thought there was a newer one, but I can't find it right now. If you go on the Dreams Unlimited Travel channel on You Tube, and sift through the shows, there's probably more info given on other shows - like some of the Q&A ones. They will announce every so often that they're looking for agents, and it is quite a long and rigorous process (deservedly so!). I'm quite sure if you Google "becoming a travel agent" or "a Disney travel agent" - if not looking specifically to become a Dreams agent, and if you are/aren't looking to become a Disney agent - stuff will pop up for you. Happy searching! :)

It's my dream to become a Dreams Travel agent. I already do it part time for a much much smaller company but one day ... one day. I talked to John Magi about it at the 20 years celebration back in August.

Do your homework for sure - there are a lot of host agencies out there and they are not all created equal. If you've never been an agent before take note of one's what offer training courses ( this mostly comes in forms of seminars on vendors and locations but it really does help ) and some even have a referral system. Always note what the commissions are and make sure you understand them as that's how you're going to make your income.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!