How Soon to Book Offsite Hotel?

PrincessDaisyDuck

Mouseketeer
Hi! We're tentatively planning an off-site trip for July or August 2019. We plan to visit Magic Kingdom and Epcot and are a family of 5. I noticed that there are some great last minute deals currently offered as I've been looking at Trip Advisor and Mouse Savers but I can't imagine booking my hotel only a few weeks out.

When do you normally book your off-site accommodations? I would love a great deal but at the same time I don't want to wait too long and end up with no good places available. FWIW I think our top choices are Springhill at Flamingo Crossing, B Resort or Best Western at Disney Springs.

If I have potential dates I book a hotel and rate I’m willing to stay and pay .... that is fully refundable. That is my Plan B.

Then I am relaxed and can start watching and checking randomly for good deals ... and usually end up changing. Only a few times have I stayed put as I find my dates became popular and rates went up. In that case I still feel great.

My upcoming trip in September I changed about 4 times, and considered a few others. For various reasons I’ve decided on my resort and paying with points.

If I have potential dates I book a hotel and rate I’m willing to stay and pay .... that is fully refundable. That is my Plan B.

Then I am relaxed and can start watching and checking randomly for good deals ... and usually end up changing. Only a few times have I stayed put as I find my dates became popular and rates went up. In that case I still feel great.

My upcoming trip in September I changed about 4 times, and considered a few others. For various reasons I’ve decided on my resort and paying with points.

That's a great idea! I didn't even think of looking for refundable rates. Thank you!

Hi! We're tentatively planning an off-site trip for July or August 2019. We plan to visit Magic Kingdom and Epcot and are a family of 5. I noticed that there are some great last minute deals currently offered as I've been looking at Trip Advisor and Mouse Savers but I can't imagine booking my hotel only a few weeks out.

When do you normally book your off-site accommodations? I would love a great deal but at the same time I don't want to wait too long and end up with no good places available. FWIW I think our top choices are Springhill at Flamingo Crossing, B Resort or Best Western at Disney Springs.

In the Disney area there are so many good options that the chances of being shut out are pretty much zero. July and August also are not peak times. Especially August, as all the kids in Florida and the Southeast are back in school and the weather is less than ideal.

The farthest out that I've booked an off site stay has been 4 months. The closest time has been 7 weeks, which is for my upcoming September stay, but I would feel comfortable changing that if I found a better deal.

In the Disney area there are so many good options that the chances of being shut out are pretty much zero. July and August also are not peak times. Especially August, as all the kids in Florida and the Southeast are back in school and the weather is less than ideal.
That's good to hear, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter