How often do you hang out with your siblings?

Not as often as I would like. Maybe once a month. We live just far enough apart that it’s difficult to make the trip for just the day, so when we do get together we spend several days hanging out. For example, we just spent the Thanksgiving weekend together.

My brother, never, even though he lives just 10 minutes away. He’s so annoying and I can’t stand his wife. Unfortunately I’d like to spend more time with my sister but she’s always working and it’s tough getting together on the weekends too but we try to do something a few times a year.

rarely. we live about 10 minutes apart but he works nights, I work days, and when we're both off at the same time we're generally spending time with our own friends. every once in a blue moon we'll get dinner or coffee. a few weeks ago we took our friend's kids out for coffee and to buy books at the bookstore.

It averages out to every couple of weeks or so, even if it's just to grocery shop together. I'm actually spending tomorrow evening with her, my nieces, and my nephew's wife. We're making and freezing Christmas cookies.

I see my brother two or three times a year. That's up from once a year before I retired. He's been retired for 32 years. Oh, he lives 6 miles from me.

Never - I have one brother that chose to walk out on our family 6 years ago.

I don't. I haven't been in the same room as my sister in 12 years and I don't think we've had a face to face discussion since my wedding 13 years ago.

No as much as I'd like. She works a weekday job with two kids and I work straight overnights and every second weekend (more lately) It probably averages out to once a month (I last saw her and her boys on Oct 30th) but I really wish it was more and miss the times when we could see each other more.

Not as much as I would like. My sisters do not live near me. One is two hours away, one is 4 hours away and one is a little more than an hour away (but she was always working even when she lived 5 minutes away from me.) My brother is 20 minutes away but we don't see each other. We talk maybe once or twice a year and a text here and there.

I do have conversations with my sisters every few weeks. Add texts in between (sometimes).

So I would say now - maybe - not always - Weddings and Funerals

Never. Have t seen here in three years or so. And only then at my parents for Christmas or Thanksgiving. Haven’t “hung out” outside of those holidays in over 20 years.

I think the last time I was with one of my brother's was more than a year ago. I have two that live in the same state as me, one about hour or so away, the other 3 hours away. I have another that lives in Colorado. Another that I don't know where he is and one who is dead. We all used to be a little closer and if we were in the same state would spend at least holidays together but age, families and just life has changed that.

Holidays, our dad’s birthday, weddings and funerals. Three of us spend a weekend in the summer together at a family reunion. One sister doesn’t attend the weekend.

Often. I'm getting ready to go to a Christmas parade with my sister. DS27 is riding on a float and DH has an all-day board meeting. Auntie always wants to support her nephews so she's going with me. DS has autism and he's riding with people from his volunteer job. This is a huge deal for him to get out there and do something like this. It's cold and rainy but the parade goes on rain or shine. I don't care if I get soaked and freeze to the sidewalk. I will be there to watch my guy! My sister feels the same way!

I don't see my brother as often, mostly holidays and birthdays. He owns his own business and is always very busy. He's always up for a family outing or dinner when we plan them.

I have two sisters and a brother. My brother has written us all off- it's happened before- this time due to political differences. He knows where to find us when he's ready and knows we'll welcome him back, but it has to come from him now; nothing I can do about it anymore. One of my sisters lives about 200 miles away. I see her maybe every 2 months; I'll drive down for a long weekend or for a few days over semester break, and DH and I vacation for a week or two every summer in the seacoast town where she lives (as does my brother). Oftentimes when there I used to see my 3 nieces and 2 nephews, but they are all adults now and have full lives (right now, one niece is doing a senior year abroad in Japan and another is finishing up her masters at Oxford- those two really travel). My other sister lives in NOLA, so we try to get down to see her at least once a year. It's a struggle and sacrifice, hahaha- twist my arm, make me go to New Orleans!

Not often at all. There are 4 of us, and I was the last to retire last April. We used to get together with our parents at least once a year, every Thanksgiving, but we lost both of them, in their 90s, in 2020. I live in Texas, my sister is in Maine, one brother has retired to Portugal, and the other brother, an ex-hippie who hitch-hiked all around the country in the 70s, is now driving around the country living in his RV. I'm not really sure where he currently is. Most of us try to keep in touch via email and chat, but we Don't see each other often.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter