• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

how often do the Animal Kingdom reservations "sell out"?

susienut1

Earning My Ears
Haven't been in 6 years and am really looking forward to the newish Hollywood Studios attractions especially star wars themed. But also I my favorite ride ever is tower of terror and would love to have multiple tries at Toy story mania,

We have 1 park day planned for HS but we're staying off site and I understand the it's not uncommon to have the rides break down.

If everything goes as planned I think we could do everything in 1 day.

But if rides are down and we don't get to everything in HS I'll be so sad and I'm worried that I wouldn't be able change a reservation to add a second day later (HS may be sold out)

I'm thinking of making a second HS reservation for our last park day instead of AK. That way if our earlier HS day goes well we could change it to AK later. If it doesn't go well then we'll have a second chance. But if AK sells out then I'll regret that decision.

Our park days are Jan 2, 3, 5, and 7th. Saturday the 7th is the day in question. (currently AK but might change it to 2nd just in case HS day)

We are off site and I was planning on visiting one of each of the parks each day. We don't have hoppers.

Other options could be adding a 5th day or a hopper I guess.

Thanks for any advice!

MK and HS usually fill up first. Epcot last, because it has a lot of capacity.

You are going during a slowish week, so that helps. It also helps if you have a party of 2 vs 6.

I think you have a 'good chance' of being able to switch to AK if you don't need the HS reservation, but it's only my guess. Worst case is that you have another day at HS.

:tink: YMMV

I agree, your chances of being shut out of AK are pretty low, so reserving DHS for that day is a good idea.

Our park days are Jan 2, 3, 5, and 7th. Saturday the 7th is the day in question.

You have the overlap week of winter break in some states + marathon weekend, it won't be the insanity of Christmas, but I don't think it will be particularly slow either (unless something changes).

Since it's easy for me to spend other people's money, I'd add the extra day. It looks like it's only about another 40 dollars per ticket? This way you get the buffer of 2 DHS days, especially since those rides are soooooooo tempermental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter