how obstructed are the6B 6A on the dream

Dznypal

DIS Veteran
actually the title says it all we are trying to pick between 2 different cruises
the biritsh isles and the one that goes to germany

the price difference is rather big--with the germany one being the most expensive
example a veranda on deck 8 is $5455 for the british isles and $8339 for germany

not sure why germany is so much more but thats beside the point since we havent been on a cruise since 2018

so they both have veranda rooms open and I was wondering how much of an obstruction there is

the catagory is 6A and 6B
and tips or advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks all

Do you have an actual room number you're looking at? I'm in a FB group that has compiled photos from thousands of members and has TONS of actual stateroom photos showing how obstructed the view actually is.

Most of the time from what I've seen the obstruction is pretty small, sometimes its a navigators verandah which IMO is pretty cool. Its like an open porthole.

I believe both 6A and 6B are whitewall verandahs.

Because CMs get heavily discounted rates we're last to have staterooms assigned and get what's left over so we sometimes get navigator verandah staterooms. We've experienced three types. One type has a huge port hole, the second has an angled steel structure on one end and the third has a slight decrease of the opening on one end. At the CM rate I'm not complaining but at full price I may feel otherwise. None of the obstructed views have been objectionable to us because the vast majority of the open area is there.

We had an obstructed view on our recent Wish cruise. We did VGT because the price differential was about $500 for 4 days and we knew we wouldn't spend much time there. About 1/3 of the width of the verandah was blocked by a panel. We actually liked it even though we didn't spend much time on it because it provided a bit of a sheltered area from both sun and (if we'd had it) wind and rain while still providing a view. I think we might well pick something similar again.

Our cancelled cruise to Norway/Iceland we had specifically picked a Navigator's verandah which I think was an open porthole because it can get quite cold on deck or on the verandah even in summer so we thought that might be a good option to get light into the room and still give us the option to sit on the balcony and not get too cold or windy. We found with our Baltic cruise that it was generally too cold and windy to sit on the verandah for too long.

Thanks for all the thoughts. I’m going to figure out some rooms. We’re really going to think this out. The price is pretty steep. Flights don’t even look that good. I wasn’t expecting any deals but it’s around 3000 for the 2 of us and no non stops lots to think about

If you are looking to one of the cruises going to Kiel, I have to say that is your selling point (going to Germany), I think Kiel is not a good port. The town itself is nice, but nothing special and you could do excursions to either Hamburg or Lübeck which are both one hour away. Lübeck is a bit of a hidden gem that is not on people’s agenda usually, but really nice. Still, not close to the port!

Next year there is a cruise with overnight stop in Hamburg itself and I think that’s a much stronger itinerary for anyone wanting to cruise to Northern Germany.

Also, keep in mind that Northern Germany is culturally very different from the South. It does not look like the Germany pavilion in Epcot at all, no Lederhosen, no big mugs of lager beer. No pretzels. It’s beautiful there, but it is not the stereotypical picture a lot of people have if Germany!

I did some searching for rooms and these are the ones that are left with possibilty
8008 7682 the rest are all in the same area so Im assuming the same level of obstruction

also how are the navagtors since it will probably b chilly we probably wont spend much time

thanks again

I did some searching for rooms and these are the ones that are left with possibilty
8008 7682 the rest are all in the same area so Im assuming the same level of obstruction

also how are the navagtors since it will probably b chilly we probably wont spend much time

thanks again
It looks like both of those rooms do not have photos on the FB group I looked at so I can't see how obstructed they are. I even checked YouTube as sometimes you can find cabin walkthroughs on there but no luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter