how much was your custom wedding?

Hi, I am having about 75 people at my custom wedding too. Our BEO is for about $18k now. However, we are using outside photography (Randy Chapman :goodvibes ), we are not having Mickey and Minnie, we are not having the MK photo shoot, we are not having a dessert party, and we are not having videography. Those are the things we decided we could live without b/c $ for all that adds up quickly. We're making our own centerpieces, place cards, and favors. Also, we are having an existing beverage toast instead of paying for everyone to have champagne.

Good luck :wizard: I am sure everyone else will have great tips!

I was thinking of just doing the minimum stuff for a wedding but dont know the important things to make sure to get. What did your price include..

Im so glad i posted this up this has helped alot....Come on girls keep on posting the more info the better...

Does your wedding planner help you cut down prices or do they try to push you to buy unnecessary things...i get my wedding planner next week...im a lil scared because i dont want to go over my budget and on the wish book everything is so expensive...

I'm not doing a custom or wishes as I think it's called now but what I have found is if you give Disney your budget they will help you stick with it as best you can.

I have to say this thread has been very valuable to me in creating a budget. It's hard to see the 'hidden' cost in the wishbook such as technical equipment, chair covers, deliver fees, etc. Those things can really add up and helps to plan accordingly as some of these things may not be optional.

Thank you so much, the more posts like this, the better. I'll definitely contribute when I get my final Budget!

I'll give you our current breakdown even though I know it's kind of personal information since I know this TOTALLY would have helped me when I was planning. I asked for it a couple times and no one was really open to sharing.

Vendor Meal for Randy Chapman $17.83
:)

I noticed you mentioned a vendor meal for Randy. I take it that is different from what your guests are getting at the reception based on its price?

Im so glad i posted this up this has helped alot....Come on girls keep on posting the more info the better...

Does your wedding planner help you cut down prices or do they try to push you to buy unnecessary things...i get my wedding planner next week...im a lil scared because i dont want to go over my budget and on the wish book everything is so expensive...

That's what I was worried about too, but my coordinator has been SUPER down to earth with helping us stay within our budget. We recently had to make the choice to cut the characters due to budgetary reasons, and she knew how upset I was and kept saying 'it really is a lot of money and they really aren't there for that long, think of it this way, you can spend more money on fun honeymoon stuff now!' She's so great!

I noticed you mentioned a vendor meal for Randy. I take it that is different from what your guests are getting at the reception based on its price?

They give you the option to do a deli plate type of thing for your vendor. I didn't know if people normally did this, but Randy is basically blocking a whole day for us because he's coming back for the dessert party and I thought it would be nice. I emailed him first and asked if he would like that and he responded 'YES, very much!!'

Many vendor's require you to provide a meal for them. Disney offers a deli plate that is much cheaper than the normal guests meal. When my sister got married a couple years ago (not at disney) her photographer required meals for her and both of her assistants and her venue did not offer any separate meal for them so we had to pay full price. Because of that, I figured it was not a big deal for us to provide Randy with the same dish as our guests (one is better than three) but my EM insisted on not allowing us to spend that much on him. Instead of doing the deli plate we are giving him the children's meal of chicken fingers and fries. I still feel bad not giving him the same meal that everyone will be having but our EM insisted that he won't have time to sit down to eat much anyway. We're still debating it. Hope that helps!

They give you the option to do a deli plate type of thing for your vendor. I didn't know if people normally did this, but Randy is basically blocking a whole day for us because he's coming back for the dessert party and I thought it would be nice. I emailed him first and asked if he would like that and he responded 'YES, very much!!'

Sorry!! I didn't see you had already posted the answer to this question. It's nice to hear what his reply was to it, we were just debating if we should just ask him what he'd want to eat. Thanks :)

I was thinking of just doing the minimum stuff for a wedding but dont know the important things to make sure to get. What did your price include..

I'll be helpful like Karen ;)

Groom's cake $127.80
Rehearsal dinner at 'Ohana for 66 guests $1997.99
Wedding ceremony at SBP $1597.50
Violinist for ceremony $525
Floral wedding package $2983.07
Floral moving fee $50
Limo $252
Billed on consumption Bar package $2460.15
1 Bartender $106.50
Wedding cake $758.81
Wedding cake handling fee $151.96
Brunch for 66 adults at Ariel's and pre-reception food $6691.61
Brunch for 2 children $98.41
Vendor meal for Randy $17.83
DJ wedding package 4 hours $1035
Limo to GF $141.75

Total: $18,995.18

Groom's cake $127.80
Floral moving fee $50
Limo $252
1 Bartender $106.50
Wedding cake $758.81
Limo to GF $141.75

Thanks you so much!!! This thread is awesome! :thumbsup2

Groom's cake $127.80
Floral moving fee $50
Limo $252
1 Bartender $106.50
Wedding cake $758.81
Limo to GF $141.75

on the wish book the dj is $1500 so whatis the difference in your dj wedding package for $1035...
Thanks for the post...

It's good to know that there are more affordable option that give provides the vendor with food too. I know I have planned other events and have had to pay full price for vendors, so this is good news.

on the wish book the dj is $1500 so whatis the difference in your dj wedding package for $1035...
Thanks for the post...

Ok. This is where things get sticky. The price is most likey cheaper becasue it does not include a ligthing package. The price went up $1000 for our dj package because we also had to pruchase the lighting package.

Groom's cake $127.80
Floral moving fee $50
Limo $252
1 Bartender $106.50
Wedding cake $758.81
Limo to GF $141.75

That's right! Spread the love :goodvibes

Ok. This is where things get sticky. The price is most likey cheaper becasue it does not include a ligthing package. The price went up $1000 for our dj package because we also had to pruchase the lighting package.

What is the lighting package? Do you have to have it. That's a lot for lighting!!

many thanks to those who have been willing to post their budget info...it is very helpful! Makes you take note of those added fees that you might not think about right off the bat (like cake handling fees, service charges, etc.)

As for the DJ lighting...I am not sure about every venue but i know at ADH that the "atmospheric lighting" is included in the DJ fee (probably because the room already has a lighting setup since it's a dance club.) I'm guessing that at other venues, if you want fun lighting, this has to be set up on the day of the event, therefore the added cost? :confused3

I don't know how you guy's manged those prices. I am trying to do mine for 16K and no matter what I take off the prices are so high it does not go below 18K (original quote 27K).I am very frustrated because with everybody else's quote I fell like I am being jacked around. I have cut almost everything and my budget is still not working. Oh also I have 60 ppl

Do you have to purchase your flowers from Disney Floral, or can you provide the flowers yourself? I'm not getting married or anything - just would like to know for future reference :teeth:

I don't want to know how much mine is going to cost... I am planning to have 110ppl.. During November... at the Wedding Pavilion and reception at the Grand Floridian.... I am looking at for mine around 40k

Oh my goodness! You ladies are all making me feel better. :goodvibes Steven and I decided to have our wedding in our hometown and go to WDW for a long honeymoon! Our wedding will be about $7500 for 45 people in the loveliest restaurant around--we are going all out, but it is Sunday in the late morning.

Still, the average wedding in California is $37,000--without Mickey! So it sounds like the Disney weddings are a comparative bargain!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter