How much to carry into parks? Ok brita filtered bottles it is!

Let me add this. I have two small girls, 8 & 11 and they both weight 50 lbs. So this would not be an option for them. BUT both my girls do wear a crossover bag with a few snacks, activities for the lines and a water bottle ( although we do just do the disposable ones). and they both lasted fine in the parks with them.
I'm not too worried about my 9 yr old as he is as tall as and weighs as much as my 13 yr old coming in at 125 the size of a small man lol He already carries 1/2 gallon water bottle around with him when he does sports here. I'm just worried about the stomach problems the sulfur in the water causes after a few days and since we are paying for 3 additional people to come in I have to budge these things and I'm assuming the water will be drunk a bottle at a time over the first few hrs at the parks fue to the heat which would get rid of some of the weight.

Let me add this. I have two small girls, 8 & 11 and they both weight 50 lbs. So this would not be an option for them. BUT both my girls do wear a crossover bag with a few snacks, activities for the lines and a water bottle ( although we do just do the disposable ones). and they both lasted fine in the parks with them.
I'm not too worried about my 9 yr old as he is as tall as and weighs as much as my 13 yr old coming in at 125 the size of a small man lol He already carries 1/2 gallon water bottle around with him when he does sports here. I'm just worried about the stomach problems the sulfur in the water causes after a few days and since we are paying for 3 additional people to come in I have to budge these things and I'm assuming the water will be drunk a bottle at a time over the first few hrs at the parks fue to the heat which would get rid of some of the weight.
The water cups you can get for free are filtered water used to mix the sodas. Also the new filtration stations are filtered.
So no more sulfur tummy issues lol

I'm not worried as much about the taste as I am about the sulfur in the water causing gastro issues. I wonder if the Brita bottles filters the sulfer

So no more sulfur tummy issues lol
That's 64 oz. That's 4 -16 oz bottle. You are adding at least another 40 oz.....the fifth water bottle, ,gatorade and soda plus the lunch/snacks.

I'm all for saving money. When we went with 6 grandkids, we brought water, juice boxes and PB sandwiches. But we had two single strollers. I would cringe to think of spending $50 just to buy a round of water bottles in the park, so I understand.

I think looking into a the filter idea would be great.

I'm not worried as much about the taste as I am about the sulfur in the water causing gastro issues. I wonder if the Brita bottles filters the sulfer
I have never heard of anyone getting sick from drinking the water at WDW. I drank their free water almost everyday when I was there a few months ago with no issues. And there is no filter that can get rid of sulfur. Only things like bleach/chlorine can get rid of sulfur.

5 water bottles and 2 gatorade bottles in a bag is a lot of weight for a kid to carry. I was at AK the other day and had a small bag with 3 bottles and my dd's headphones-I started to feel that bag mid day!

I'd do 2 bottles max per bag. You can refill them or get free water cups. Or put a bunch of bottles in a cooler that will fit in a locker and go back to it occasionally for new bottles.

I don't actually understand the sulphur water concerns, but I live in Fl and work outside and drink at least a half gallon of ice water a day from my cooler that I fill daily from my unfiltered tap! I never have any trouble with the water here.

We use Brita water filter bottles and no one has ever had a stomach issue or complained about an off taste. We refill from any water source available, not just filtered ones, so I think they’re pretty effective.

Has your family toured wdw before ?
Yes we have a few times one of those time we're in August. The people who we are bringing along never have though and it isn't something they could afford to do and are only able to go this time because we are paying for the 3 kids.

We use Brita water filter bottles and no one has ever had a stomach issue or complained about an off taste. We refill from any water source available, not just filtered ones, so I think they’re pretty effective.
This is good to know so maybe I'll just invest in these. I find them sometimes on-sale so I will be keeping a lookout for them! I was hoping someone would speak up from experience!

I was thinking the 8 oz Gatorade. Not the big ones/or juice not everything. I know it's alot. That's why I'm asking for suggestions. We have personally done the cups of iced water and been fine but one of the kids we are bringing alone has a delicate stomach. But if the brota filtered bottles are a good option I'll probably go woth using those and getting refilled with free iced waters
5 water bottles and 2 gatorade bottles in a bag is a lot of weight for a kid to carry. I was at AK the other day and had a small bag with 3 bottles and my dd's headphones-I started to feel that bag mid day!

I'd do 2 bottles max per bag. You can refill them or get free water cups. Or put a bunch of bottles in a cooler that will fit in a locker and go back to it occasionally for new bottles.

I don't actually understand the sulphur water concerns, but I live in Fl and work outside and drink at least a half gallon of ice water a day from my cooler that I fill daily from my unfiltered tap! I never have any trouble with the water here.

Yes we have a few times one of those time we're in August. The people who we are bringing along never have though and it isn't something they could afford to do and are only able to go this time because we are paying for the 3 kids.
For people who have never been carrying this much will no doubt ruin the trip imo. Disney is already way bigger than most even can imagine. You can tell folks it's alot of walking till your blue in the face but untill you are there walking your 10th mile.. they won't realize.

I was thinking the 8 oz Gatorade. Not the big ones/or juice not everything. I know it's alot. That's why I'm asking for suggestions. We have personally done the cups of iced water and been fine but one of the kids we are bringing alone has a delicate stomach. But if the brota filtered bottles are a good option I'll probably go woth using those and getting refilled with
I think I will invest in some filtered water bottles instead of carrying around a bunch of water seems like the more sensible thing to do at this point.

Glad to hear this about the Brita water bottles. Bought them 3 weeks ago for our September trip.

OP, can you report back how well they worked/or didn't?

I was thinking the 8 oz Gatorade. Not the big ones/or juice not everything. I know it's alot. That's why I'm asking for suggestions. We have personally done the cups of iced water and been fine but one of the kids we are bringing alone has a delicate stomach. But if the brota filtered bottles are a good option I'll probably go woth using those and getting refilled with free iced waters

Ok, so you're worried about one kid. How about brita bottles for everyone , but the one kid. Everyone carrys their lunch, a frozen water or juice pouches( for keeping lunch cold) a bottle of gatorade and very cold soda. The adults carry an extra frozen water bottle for the one kid. The one kid start out with the lunch, frozen bottle etc plus one cold bottle of water.

I can see the 8 oz gatorade be gone before you even get thru the front gates.

I just bought a Brita bottle last week for our trip in June. My kids LOVE it. They are drinking a lot water (win, win) because of it. It really does keep the water cold, too. DD put Ice & water in the late morning. The next day she saw it sitting on the counter and drank it and said it was still super cold. Now, that is in a house, not 95 degree park, but promising for keeping the water cold. I can account for taste, our LA water is not great and it removed enough of something to make it pleasant to drink. I just ordered another one for our park day. Amazon has the pale pink ( don't know how many girls are on your trip) for $16.16, its almost 1/2 off all the other colors. GL!

I told my girls we would bring gatorade to the hotel and they could drink it on ride to the park. I agree, a small gatorade will be gone quickly.
When we went with the grandkids, we ate breakfast in room but before we walked out the door, everyone drank 3 oz cup of something. Just to make sure everyone was topped off. For the parks I bought 3 oz paper cups and bottles of water. Thirsty in line, open one bottle, give cups to the two youngest, rest of bottle to older kid ,repeat with second group of kids. 6 kids all get a drink with two bottles. no bottle tossing, water spilling or keeping track of bottles

So we will be going in August I know it's extremely hot and humidity is no joke. I have been in August before so I do know what I'm getting into weather wise. We are a group of 3 adults and 5 kids ranging 9-17 we will all be carrying in water bottles and some food for the day as it is how we are saving money to be able to go on this trip, So with that said instead of having 1 person or 2 people carry everything we are going ti switch it up this time and everyone will be carrying a insulated backpack with their own food and drinks for the day. We know for sure we will be bringing in fruits, sandwiches, chips, crackers ect, my question is how many drinks for everyone I am thinking 5ish waterbottles and 2 of those mini Gatorade bottles each and maybe some kind of electrolyte packets and a juice/soda each? Yes we drink soda as do our kids 🤷‍♀️ do you think we need more water? I know Def not less. I'm not worried too much about weight as the weight will be reduced as food and drinks are consumed throughout the day so it won't be a case of lugging a bunch of weight around all day. I know if we run out of water we can always get iced water but in trying to avoid the sulfur water to prevent tummy issues. We will be going all day or most of the day

That's too much to carry. The kids and the adults are all going to be miserable being pack mules in August weather in Florida.

A 9 yr old is probably old enough to carry a SMALL backpack with his/her refillable water bottle and a couple of snacks.

I agree w/suggestions from others to have everybody carry their own Brita water bottle. We've used them before and they work just fine. Remember to fill with ICE water, not just water, or else the kiddos will end up drinking warm water at some point (the Brita water bottles are not insulated, I think).

If everybody is bringing in sandwiches for lunch, then you should rent a locker. Put the perishable food in the locker in a soft-sided cooler. Go back to the locker and retrieve the food when it's time to eat. Helps with preventing a bad case of the grumpies by multiple people in your group. Plus, the odds of somebody's sandwich getting smooshed on a ride is much lower.

Just an aside about the free water. It comes from the filtered water in the soft drink machines so it doesn't have the bad Florida water taste. I would bring a refillable water and go that route instead of carrying all those water bottles. Frankly, I would carry all that food either but to each his own where that is concerned. If I were going to carry all that food, I'd probably just do one bigish cooler and put it in a locker then maybe dole out some snacks to each kid and go back to the locker for lunch time. Given the time of year you are going, everyone is going to need some sort of rain gear.
Eh the food we have all carried before so bot worried about the food it was the drinks that had me iffy. But we will probably go the brita bottle direction this time. And just a few snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter