How much time realistically can we figure.....

kimmar067

TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!
....from landing in Paris to get to the Marvel Hotel at DLP? If the flight lands roughly around 7:30AM Paris time, when can we realistically arrive at the resort? I want to add that we are non-French-speaking first-timers going to Europe.

Last edited:
I've never flown into CDG before so I don't know if it is similar to other major airports. It also depends on whether you have to go through customs. Sounds like you will. And how do you plan on getting from the airport to the hotel? TGV, RER, Magical Transport, car service?

I'm flying to CDG from Rome and using a car service. I'm figuring an hour to deplane and get our luggage and another hour to the hotel. Your mileage may vary.

j

Last edited:

Unfortunately the answer I'm going to have to give you is the old "how long is a piece of string" one.

Assuming you're coming direct from the States and not via another European country, then you will have to clear passport control/customs and at CDG those can sometimes be woefully understaffed and take ages, while other times you will have your choice of desks and sail through. The good thing is that the longer it takes, the more likely your luggage will already be off the plane and on the carousel. I'd allow slightly over an hour from getting off the plane to getting out the airport building, with a plus or minus of 25 minutes.

However as the first Magical Express coach doesn't leave CDG until 9am (assuming you're arriving at Terminal 2; there is a different schedule for Terminal 1), so there's a good chance you'll be on that one or the 9:20. Generally the coach takes the Autoroute (freeway) route to DLP, unlike the private car services which take the shorter back-roads route, which means it can get stuck in rush hour traffic - at best it will reach the first of the hotel drop-offs about 40 minutes from leaving the airport, but be prepared for it to take over an hour.

Unfortunately the Marvel hotel is currently the last one the coach drops off at (at least until the Disneyland Hotel re-opens anyway). It'll stop at Newport Bay first (if there are guests staying there of course, otherwise it will skip stops) then Sequoia Lodge, Santa Fe, Cheyenne and Marvel/New York in that order. Each stop will probably add on another five minutes.

Then check in to the hotel, drop off your bags and walk through Disney Village to the park - at best I'd have you on Main Street by 10:30, at the very worst nearer midday.

Last edited:
We haven't been to DLP before. First visit will be in June, but we travel quite a bit. Customs can be 30-120 minutes depending on how crowded it is when you land. I've read the Magical Express is about an hour. I think 2-3 hours is probably reasonable, unless customs is bad.

j

As others have mentioned, you'll need to clear customs which can vary quite a bit, then collect any checked luggage. Then you have some options for transfers - we've done Magical Shuttle and TGV. The journey on the Magical Shuttle takes longer but they drop you right at your hotel. The TGV takes about 10 minutes but then you need to grab a shuttle to your hotel or walk through Disney Village.

Our last trip we stayed at the Marvel hotel, it was about 2.5 hours from landing to dropping bags at the hotel, we used the TGV because there was a train due soon. The TGV is a nice quick journey but there can be a long wait between trains so we decided to wait until we'd cleared customs to book tickets on the SNCF Connect app. If we'd missed that train, we were going to head to the Magical Express desk to book tickets there rather than wait two hours for the next TGV. We were about 30 minutes from dropping bags at the hotel to walking into the park :D

Passport control comes First ....... Europeans in one line Others including U.S.A. people

in another Q

Then go to Luggage belt ........ Collecting luggage cart on the way. load luggage yourself & head for exit

passing Through customs ..... hopefully not stopped on the way

I did this in November 2021. Direct flight from DC to CDG. Landed at 7am. Immigration was a breeze. Had to wait only 15 minutes for the TGV and the train ride took ten minutes. Got lost a bit trying to walk from the TGV station to Hotel Cheyenne and ending up in the main parking lot, probably wasting at least half hour. But eventually found my way back to the TGV station and took the resort bus instead (Should have just done this from the beginning!) Dropped my bag off at the luggage service. Walked 20 minutes to Disneyland. I was on Main Street at 10am. Hope this helps! If you have any question, I’ll be glad to answer.

The train system is fast but don't forget to factor in strikes and traffic! For me I would prefer to take the train, it's quick, cheap and more convenient. Use the citmapper app to plan your route.

Assuming you're coming direct from the States and not via another European country, then you will have to clear passport control/customs and at CDG those can sometimes be woefully understaffed and take ages, while other times you will have your choice of desks and sail through.

I'm confused.. I haven't been to Paris in about 8 years and I forget what I did last time. I am coming from the US but I have a connecting flight in Dublin. Will I have a different customs experience since I am not flying directly from the US?

Thanks In Advance :)

Yes, you will still need to go through passport control. While Ireland is in the EU, it is not one of the Schengen group of European countries that have (almost) borderless connectivity between each other, where you would be able to walk straight off the flight and through to baggage claim like it was a domestic flight.

Yes, you will still need to go through passport control. While Ireland is in the EU, it is not one of the Schengen group of European countries that have (almost) borderless connectivity between each other, where you would be able to walk straight off the flight and through to baggage claim like it was a domestic flight.
Thanks.. I thought I might have to go through customs in Dublin before I could get my flight to Paris. I guess as long as I don't leave the airport, I'm good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter