• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How much time for AK?

DKx3

Mouseketeer
Hi - I was wondering if AK could be easily done if we arrived at opening (let's say 9am) and left at 4pm to make a 5pm HDDR seating? We would be there Sunday Nov. 13, 2005. Any opinions would be appreciated. If it matters, I will be touring with DH, DD 10, & DS almost 8 - who loves bugs!

Thanks

It really depends on what you want to do at the AK but in general you should be fine. We always hit the safari as soon as the gates open and explore the trail and that whole section. We also like Kali River Rapids but if it's busy just get a fast pass. We don't do much in the dinosaur area but we do like to take in the shows. We usually plan to have two days at AK and half a day at MGM to make up for it. Some people only do a half day at AK so it's just a matter of how much you like the park and the animals. Hope this helps some!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We usually do it in one day.........Then again, we love the other 3 parks SO much more.............but I think you will get your fill in a full 7-8 hour day......

I'd also leave more time than 1 hour to get to the Hoop..............AK is kinda "off the beaten path"........and once you get to the Hoop, you need to check in before you get your seat....They also take photos of your group prior to seating......

Have fun.......

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

You can easily do everything at AK if you arrive at opening and leave at 4pm, as long as you don´t eat at Rainforest Café. It takes about 2 hours to have a meal there.

I think it depends on what time of year you go and what the crowd levels are. We usually spend at least 2 days at AK. It's one of my favorite parks. We usually can't see all the shows and attractions in one day. This is one park I like to savor. It also depends on how much time at WDW you have. We go for anywhere from 10 days-16 days, so we have the luxury of time. If your only going for 3-5 day's you won't have that luxury. :hourglass

Absolutely! AK closes at 5:00pm anyway. I would have a plan of attack as to what you are going to do and when. I might suggest heading straight to the safari first thing as the lines tend to get long. Get fast passes for other things that your kids might like to do such as Primevil Whirl and you should be just fine. :flower:

Thanks for your advice. We will be there six days - so if we like it we could spend another half day there.

Wow, an hour to get to HDDR from AK!

We got there about 10 and did EVERYTHING. Even the walking tours (it was the most we've done in AK EVER). I must say we really enjoyed ourselves. It was nice experiencing new things. We stayed for the 4 o'clock parade (Mickey's Jammin' Jungle), then left. Afterwards, we spent the rest of the night at the park with the EMH. It was great. I might leave a little extra time to get to HDD. Sometimes it can take a while. ::MickeyMo

Gluman11 said:
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We usually do it in one day.........Then again, we love the other 3 parks SO much more.............but I think you will get your fill in a full 7-8 hour day......

I'd also leave more time than 1 hour to get to the Hoop..............AK is kinda "off the beaten path"........and once you get to the Hoop, you need to check in before you get your seat....They also take photos of your group prior to seating......

Have fun.......

:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

I definately agree we left for Hoop from another park and it took us more than an hour to get there and to check in and get our picture taken.

I agree with leaving yourself more time to get from AK to HDDR. AK really grew on us. The first couple years, I was content with 1/2 day per trip. Now, I like to give it a couple days per trip. There are so many little things to take in. It's a Park that beckons you to slow down & soak in the atmosphere....

When we did Hoop De we took a cab straight from the park to Ft Wilderness- be sure to tell them you are going to Hoop and they will drive you in closer- not sure where you are staying, but we were at CBR and it was a loooong bus ride back after Hoop.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter