How much luck moving an FOP fastpass?

GBBTomorrow

DIS Veteran
Hi all! I was happy to score Fastpasses for FOP, but they are dangerously close to the time I need to leave for the airport. Is it worth my time to stalk MDE until our trip to try to nudge that to an earlier time? Or is that not a thing that happens? Is it like when they're gone, they're gone and I should just be grateful I came out with anything?

I was not happy with my FOP time (late like 7:30 I think). I stalked, and was able to move it to 3:30. This was about two weeks after I booked it at 60 +3. Now I am trying to add another to our group and I have not seen anything with two weeks before our trip, I am not giving up though. We are planning on ropedropping if we can't get the extra fastpass, in which case we will cancel our fastpasses. Do you have a large or small group?

I would keep checking especially if you haven't ridden it before. On our trip 2 weeks ago, I couldn't get one for the day we were at AK but we had ridden it before so it wasn't that big of a deal to us. I probably should have stalked it a bit more to see if anything opened up.

I had luck modifying ours from 11:25am to 8:15am at 30 days (booked at 60). I figured a lot off-site people would be on to make their FP and maybe others were moving things around too. It worked out for several rides including FOP. Otherwise I’ve heard to check the day before and morning of.

It is not worth a daily stalking thing though. Check in the week leading up to 30 days (when packages become non-refundable) and check day of. Those are your best odds. A little birdie told me checking the app at 11:01 am is a good idea *shhhh*.

I was not happy with my FOP time (late like 7:30 I think). I stalked, and was able to move it to 3:30. This was about two weeks after I booked it at 60 +3. Now I am trying to add another to our group and I have not seen anything with two weeks before our trip, I am not giving up though. We are planning on ropedropping if we can't get the extra fastpass, in which case we will cancel our fastpasses. Do you have a large or small group?
There are only two of us, so hopefully that will help!

It is not worth a daily stalking thing though. Check in the week leading up to 30 days (when packages become non-refundable) and check day of. Those are your best odds. A little birdie told me checking the app at 11:01 am is a good idea *shhhh*.

I won't tell a soul! Thanks!

You have received great tips. But if all else fails, go to the ride when you would like to ride. Especially if there is a lull in the "traffic" at the fastpass entrance, very nicely explain to the cast member that you DO have a fastpass for the ride, but you have to get back to your resort for DME, so would it be possible to allow you to enter early? Don't be upset if the answer is no, but it's absolutely worth asking. They can override the time, if the flow allows it. You aren't asking to be permitted to use a FP you don't have, you're only asking if you can use it early. With only 2 of you, the chances are good. Best of luck!

I would keep checking. This doesn’t have to do with FOP but it could still help. My situation is unique because we are only staying on-site one night and so I can only get HS and MK Days 60 days out and AK, Epcot, and the other MK day are going to be 30 days out (so FOP will definitely be a struggle). Anyway, the earliest I could get a Star Tours Fastpass was 2:00 (not the worst but not great either. I think since it’s the only “ride” in tier 2 it’s a very popular pick) but through lots of refreshing I moved it to 11:55 and it’s still 58 days out. Of course people might be less likely to cancel a FOP Fastpass than Star Tours because of popularity but I think you have a chance. I’ve heard it’s a lot easier day of.

Keep checking. As others have mentioned, they do become available. Especially the day of.

Hi all! I was happy to score Fastpasses for FOP, but they are dangerously close to the time I need to leave for the airport. Is it worth my time to stalk MDE until our trip to try to nudge that to an earlier time? Or is that not a thing that happens? Is it like when they're gone, they're gone and I should just be grateful I came out with anything?

Day of absolutely worked for us, along with a little bit of cast member magic :-)

We had two Fastpasses for FOP that were booked at our 60+ (a full day at AK early in our trip and then a half day on our departure day so we could ride FOP again). This was for our trip Aug. 3-11. After riding FOP on our departure day and finishing up our third FP, I checked MDE for one final FP before we headed home. And there it was...a 4:30 FOP. I grabbed it and then was able to move it to 3:15. I also kept seeing it pop up for later in the day (7:00, 7:30).

Since we needed to leave AK by 3:00, we decided to explain our situation to the cast member at the FP entrance to see if she could allow us to hop on earlier than our FP window. She did and wished us a safe journey home. It was a wonderful end to a magical vacation.

*Shhhhh* which time zone :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter