How much is your 2016 Disney vacation going to cost you?

Round trip airfare for 4 for that much is amazing. Nice to be able to go when it's not a busy time of the year!!!!!
You did a good job. Plus in the studio you can make some snacks to save on food! I load up with hungry kids around! My DS used to drive me nuts - we'd eat a quick snack in the room, but no he's "not hungry" then the SECOND we'd get to a park, he wants a hot dog. And a pretzel. And another hot dog. And a drink. UGH!
Actually we are calling this an 'eating vacation'! My 'kids' are 16 and 18 year old boys and we all can't wait to eat our way around the parks :-) They both love and appreciate a great meal. We are even mapping out our snacks - don't want to grab a quick bite at a kiosk only to find a better choice ten minutes later and not be hungry!!
And, thanks! I thought I did a great job as well! Oh, and the food and other incidentals will be paid for with Disney gift cards bought from Target for a 5% discount with my Red Card. I hope the person that checks us in is not put off by having to put $1500 worth of $50 and $100 dollar gift cards onto our account!!

We just got APs and a TIW card on our November trip. That cost 645.39 more than the tickets we upgraded from. We have airfare credits with southwest that we have to use my 2/19, so we booked Jan 18-21 at AKV-Kidani in a studio. I used my OKW points to book this, 8 from 2015 and 25 borrowed from 2016. Including my buy-in costs and annual dues, lodging is 267.28. R/T NS airfare for 4 from IND, flying in super early and out super later was $590 after $162 in credits, and will still allow us 4 park days.

645.39 + 267.28 +590.?? = 1503ish + food and airport parking at IND

Our actual cost is lower than this, since I play the gift card game. For simplicity, we will say I bought 1900 in target cards from Kroger when they offered 4x fuel points. I saved 280 on fuel (1720 cost) and got 114 from my 6% cash back card since it was a grocery purchase (1604 cost). I used those target cards to buy 2000 in ebay cards using my redcard discount. I then bought target or kmart cards on ebay when they offered at least 4x ebay bucks. I go through swagbucks shop and earn I got discounted cards often enough to make the times I had to pay shipping on target cards a wash. I can buy ebay, southwest or disney cards at kmart at face value, or 5% discounted cards at target. So, over time, I have been able to turn my ~1600 investment into 2500+ in disney gift cards :) And, I earned $1200+ in swagbucks in 2015, so my actual out of pocket is even lower :)

Assuming we aren't tired of Disney after our January trip, we will do 4 days/3 nights in May to enjoy Flower and Garden, likely at Beach Club. We will use my PVB points for that, so lodging costs will be higher (417.21), but our APs will still be valid and fully paid for :) Also, I have ~275 in Disney Visa rewards to pay my DVC dues, so no actual out of pocket there. I am hoping to have enough miles with southwest to pay for our flights (so, less than 50 in fees there), and we will then just have to worry about food and parking, and it is entirely possible that I could earn enough in swagbucks that it is a "free" trip with gift card churning :) Looking at the possibility of an October trip as well, but I will have to either pay for lodging outright or pay for some points from someone else because I am pretty much out :)

Actually we are calling this an 'eating vacation'! My 'kids' are 16 and 18 year old boys and we all can't wait to eat our way around the parks :-) They both love and appreciate a great meal. We are even mapping out our snacks - don't want to grab a quick bite at a kiosk only to find a better choice ten minutes later and not be hungry!!
And, thanks! I thought I did a great job as well! Oh, and the food and other incidentals will be paid for with Disney gift cards bought from Target for a 5% discount with my Red Card. I hope the person that checks us in is not put off by having to put $1500 worth of $50 and $100 dollar gift cards onto our account!!

Sorry this is off topic but there is a disney gift card website that you can use to combine up to $1,000 per card. I combined upwards of $10,000 onto a much smaller number of cards (maybe 12-15) which I used to buy tickets, pay for the hotel, pay off the souvenirs I was charging to my room through the trip, etc. Much better than carrying a huge stack of cards around!

Our next trip we have planned isn't fully booked I have a rough estimation. For now it's just two adults

Beach Club for December 4-11, 2016 ~$3,100
7 day park tickets w/ PH ~$850
Food ~$700-1,500 (usually we do the DxDP with character breakfasts and signature dinners, we may try to eat more affordably this trip)
Flights ~$800 (rough estimate)
Souvenirs, tips, and extras ~$250-1,000

I think that brings us to about $7,500 or so.

Sorry this is off topic but there is a disney gift card website that you can use to combine up to $1,000 per card. I combined upwards of $10,000 onto a much smaller number of cards (maybe 12-15) which I used to buy tickets, pay for the hotel, pay off the souvenirs I was charging to my room through the trip, etc. Much better than carrying a huge stack of cards around!
I'll check it out, thanks!

We just booked a few days ago. We're doing a universal/Disney split stay from 10/9 through 10/15. Driving down, so I'm budgeting about $300 for gas (should be a little less). It'll be two adults, two kids, and an infant.

Universal
3 nights at Hard Rock Hotel - $1060
3 day park to park tickets - $780

Disney
3 nights at Contemporary and 1 day park ticket - $1755
MNSSHP tickets for 4 - ~$300

So far we're at $4195, but I haven't calculated food costs yet. Just off the top of my head, I'm thinking about $1k for food. But we can trim that down with a garden grocer order, some dining coupons (for city walk). We might even be able to find some gift cards on restaurants.com. Oh, and I have several Disney gift cards left over from our September trip.

Also, I hope to be able to use a fall room discount for the Disney portion of the trip.

Last edited:
We're doing a split Disney/Universal stay so that skews it a little.

But roughly for 2 adults:
Flights to and from Orlando £980
Hotels: AS Mus £624 for 8 days and Cabana bay £484 for 6 days
Tickets: £886 for Universal/Disney 14 day tickets
Spending money £2000

Plus extras and money allotted to shuttles and disney mugs we're looking at £5044 in total which is about $7533USD for the 2 of us :)

:)
$2025 plus transportation costs. Just a little more than the $1800 from this summer at BC. We are doing five nights at GF right before Labor Day.

I asked this question on an old Disney fan site,( American based ) and was slammed by the moderator and other members saying this was too personnel a question..( no longer a member ) But anyway our October trip next year for two adults and a teenager staying at WL for 14 nights including all the perks ( free DDP..free memory maker..14 day ticket for price of 7 ) $200 gift voucher..$1400 credit...Subtracting all those $$$$ off our total works out at approx $1000....Flights from uk for three adults are $2.600...

September 10th Through 18th.
Preferred Room Pop
Deluxe Disney Dinning
8 day base tickets
Total: $4300

Gas:$150 splitting with my mom

Incidentals: $1000

$5500 roughly

Me hubby and a 3 year old

May 3 - May 8
Contemporary garden wing
Two 5 day hoppers
$2190

2 first class round trip MSP to MCO on Delta, 60k world perks point. cash value $1188

5 nights split stay March 6-11 two adults. I have APs so I'm not sure about tickets since I don't even remember how much it was, I renewed in Sept. My son will get military tickets and I don't know how much those will be. We are doing two nights CBR and 3 nights Dolphin. Total lodging is $1300 since i upgraded Dolphin to a resort view with a balcony, I could have gotten it for a about $40 a night less had I not done that. That number includes 3 nights parking at Dolphin. All of that is subject to change if a: a different discount comes out or b: my son decides to back out and I book a trip for April instead. I will go back again for F&W but haven't even thought about booking that yet.

Planning 4 nights late 2016 at either the Poly, or Contemporary,
Air: $260 - Frequent flier transfer cost to our daughter and one checked bag;
Package: $3924 - $4198 - 5 day Park hoppers, or possibly less if discounts become available before we book;
Food: $1200 - 5 days.
Total $5304 - $5609
(Less) Disney Visa Rewards approx. $2500

Est. Cost: $2889 - $3163 there about.

June 16th - June 26th
10 nights in a Standard room at Caribbean Beach Resort (Received a 35% military discount)
Disney Dinning Plan
9 Day Park Hopper tickets for 5 (Stars and Stripes Tickets from Shades of Green)
Total: $5,326

My daughter will be performing with Dance the World and that will be another $526 added to our cost.

We are hoping to go for Thanksgiving 2016 but that will depend if I can get the time off from work. If not, we are hoping to plan a short trip over spring break.

Our 5 night/6 day trip in late January will come in around $3800. but I included everything in my estimate - like boarding our dogs, additional shots they'll need to be boarded, etc. So if I add it ALL up for me, DH, and DD (4) (and said pups):

5 nights at Pop (w/ military discount) - $531.55
Flight - $366
Airport Parking - $70
Travel Insurance - $99
Checked luggage - $50-100
5 day tickets - $985
Memory Maker - $169
CRT Lunch - $176
Garden Grocer (snacks/breakfast foods, alcohol) - $83
Other Meals/drinks - $450
Souvenirs - $100-$150
Dog Boarding for 2 dogs - $525
Additional vet check-up/vaccinations required for boarding the pups -$150

We're staying 3 weeks overall in May with an adult family of 4, in a 2-Bedroom Villa at Saratoga Springs.

We're paying Disney £11,936.42 - this includes our return flights from the UK directly into MCO (~£1,987.84), a 4-night Cruise on the Dream (~£2,448.58), our 16-night stay at Saratoga (~£5,952.00), 14 day tickets for our time at WDW (~£1,232.00) & our port transfers (~£176.00). We're also getting the free dining plan with our booking.
We have to stay 1 night after our arrival flights before the cruise at ASMusic - £234.00.
Universal/SeaWorld/Gatorland tickets - £1,004.00.
Car hire - £251.44.

All together we are paying £13,493.90 for everything included. Have been enough times to not spend really anything on stuff when there.
At current exchange rates - $20,388.61.

I need to come back to this. Mine is confused because we bought APs in June 2015. We will take two trips in 2016 still using these APs. I won't count the AP price in the February trip because it wasn't taken into account when upgrading to AP

Feb 3-6 Budget (2 adults only)
3 nights Poly CL Garden View $1614.13
2 plane tickets from ATL $196.04
Souvenirs $75 (plus Rewards)
Extra Tips or Misc. $75
Trader Sam’s $125
Counter Service/snacks/drinks $120
Liberty Tree Tavern $59.83
Via Napoli $100
Ohana $110
Chefs de France $60
Narcoosee’s $220
Crystal Palace breakfast $60
TOTAL $2740-$40 saved by getting gift cards from Target=$2700

Last edited:
$1530 for DVC rented points at Board Walk, we have an AP from this Oct so nothing there, $535 or there about for airfare for 2 then another $750 to $1000 for 10 days of Food&Wine. Oh, paid $204 for a 9 day car rental last year so that, too so $3019 at a minimum. Yowser! Never do the math ahead of time!

Bill From PA

I'm an annual pass holder. If I add up my entire year.

All worth it.

Depends on what journey and adventure we shall plan for 2016. I am excited about all of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter