How much is your 2014 WDW vacation going to cost you?

5 nights at Shades of Green with full breakfast each morning: 679.00
Two, 4 day park hopper passes: 354.00
Gas and tolls from Buffalo, NY (round trip): 400.00
2 Tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: 96.00
Total: $1,529.00

Going Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2014 with DS2 (Turns 3 Dec 22, but going early so he's pretty much free)

AoA 5 nights 6 Days - $640
4 Single Park Hopper Admission Tickets won at a charity silent auction and gifted. (They didn't know it wasn't a deal but wanted to support the charity) - $400
Round Trip Airfare for 2 - $475
MVMCP 1 Day - $69
Illuminations Dessert Package - $49
Memory Maker - $149
Food & Shopping budget - $500

Total = Approx. $2282

After gifts and Dream Rewards Dollars I'll spend about $950.

December 5-10, 2014 (5 nights, 6 days)
2 Adults
Disney's Wilderness Lodge Standard View
4 Day Tickets with Park Hopper
Disney Dining Plan
$2707.57 (agency exclusive deal)

+ MVMCP Tickets
$142.72

+ Flights (flying from Atlantic Canada)
$600 (used points for one way)

+Memory Maker
$149

+Disney Florist In-Room Celebration
$300

+Souvenir Money, Tips, Christmas Shopping
$1000

Grand Total:
$4899.29

8 nights/9 days for 2 Adults and 2 Children (3 & 7)

Grand Floridian Resort and Spa - Main Building-Club Level/Deluxe Queen Room/w Magic Your Way Plus Deluxe Dining...and Memory Maker
$11,111.56

Airline Tickets for 4 (Round trip)
$1276

Airport Car Parking for 9 days ($12 per day)
$108

Souveniers, Incidentals and TS Tips
$1000

Total
$13,495.56

OUCH!!! Didn't realize all of the above until I added it up.....

2 adults 1 four year old
9 nights at wilderness 2163.00
3 nights at pop 230.00
10 day park hopper 420.00 (My son and I have annual passes)
2 day park to park universal passes 413.00
Mears transportation to universal 120.00
Food 1500.00
MVMCP 196.00

About 5000$

8 nights/9 days for 2 Adults and 2 Children (3 & 7)

Grand Floridian Resort and Spa - Main Building-Club Level/Deluxe Queen Room/w Magic Your Way Plus Deluxe Dining...and Memory Maker
$11,111.56

Airline Tickets for 4 (Round trip)
$1276

Airport Car Parking for 9 days ($12 per day)
$108

Souveniers, Incidentals and TS Tips
$1000

Total
$13,495.56

OUCH!!! Didn't realize all of the above until I added it up.....

With club level, honestly, that would be WAY overkill on dining for us! We had the regular dining plan once, and it was overkill (we don't do desserts much at all, so had so many Mickey cookies that went in the trash at the end of the trip, such a waste). I'd rethink the dining plan at all if you're club level!

I took a quick trip in October with my 6 yr old. Annual passes made tickets free

Spirit Air Tix 88 each roundtrip! 176
Luggage roundtrip 50
3 nights at POP 340.81
Souviners / Food 293
MNSSHP 138

I think I spend another 100 on souviners after we checked out so let's say total 1100

Thanksgiving Weekend Trip (4 out of 5 have are APH at UO and WDW)
1 night at Cabana Bay (APH discount) 112
2 nights RPR (orbitz 20%off code) 518
4 nights Boardwalk (APH discount) 1,189.05
5 tix Southwest HOU to MCO 828
5 tix Southwest MCO to HOU 542
1 adult ticket for DH WDW 384
1 adult ticket for DH UO 172
Tiffany Town Car from MCO to UO and UO to WDW 135

I figure another 1500 for food and souvenirs 5380 estimated

I am still debating on switching my room to POR because is only 627, but we have never stayed Deluxe and it would be nice! Maybe 562 is not that much for the upgrade.

Yes, "sick" was meant to be tongue in cheek. It looks like a scary number on paper because I ordinarily would not spend so much money. But I wouldn't spend more money than I have and it is a special occasion.

And we are going for 8 days, only two will be with the tour guide and only one afternoon will be on the Africa trek. That's only 2.5 days of touring and it will ensure we can have time to do what's important to us without having to rush, wait in long lines, or constantly look for fast pass times to become available.

And as much as I would love to make my trip longer I can only take so many days off from work at once (and I mostly likely won't get to anytime soon again) which is partly why we are planning this admittedly over the top Disney trip in the first place.

If my budget was tighter or I had more time, yes, I would have planned things differently but I do appreciate everyone's feedback and most importantly we've planned the trip we want. We are happy with our choices, even if they seem superfluous to most people here.

Sounds fabulous to me and my daughter / dh did the wlid africa trek and loved it! Personally, I wouldn't do the platinum dining, but that's just because (despite the extra lbs I carry) I can't eat that much! :rotfl:

Have a great time!

VERY, very rough estimate here, for our family of five to stay for 7 nights in Walt Disney World during Thanksgiving week is about $3500

Now that is probably a little bit low...and I need to mention a few things about it.

TICKETS: Premium Annual Passes: We already have them, bought in April of this year for about $2500 (since all kids are considered adults). We have already used them once (back in September) so they will pay for themselves this trip.

TRANSPORTATION: We are driving from Maryland, with an overnight stop. I'm estimating about $200 for gas. We will have to book a hotel room, estimating that around $100 for one night. We are returning via Autotrain, which is what is killing the original budget for this one. That trip ONE-WAY from Sanford to Lorton, VA will cost us $1030 for sleeper accommodations for all five of us.

LODGING: Our first night we will stay at Shades of Green so that will be $141 (for room and parking). Then we will check into a 2BR Savannah View Room at AK Kidani Village using our DVC points for the rest of the trip. So no cost there.

FOOD: No dining plan, as it's never worth it for us. I have Disney "adults" who still eat from the kids meal many times...or barely eat at all. We find sharing meals works out well too. So I have a $2000 estimate for food and souvenirs. This includes a Chef Mickey's Breakfast and a Tusker House Breakfast, and a few other sit-down meals, some for lunch and some for dinner. Hoping it's less. :) :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter