How much is your 2014 WDW vacation going to cost you?

Family of 5 and no matter what plans I make ( stay deluxe or villa) it always works out to $1200 a day, which includes airfare from Chicago.

December 9-13, 5 days/4 nights
1 adult, 1 child

Airfare - $431
4 day tixs with hopper $667
Art of Animation LM room $519
Luggage $50
Total $1667

Will spend around $400 on food and souvenirs

October 15-20, 5 nights/6days
2 adults, 2 infants (2yo and 6 months)

Round trip airfare: $750
AKV: free
MNSSHP: $130
3 day tickets: $584
Transportation (ME): free
Meals: $700
Souvenirs: $300

Grand Total: $2,464

Not Bad!

Family of 5 with 4 year old and twin 22 month olds. Sep 3-10

Airfare - points (chase sapphire rewards - LOVE this card)
7 nights at AoA + 6 day base tickets + free QSDP = ~$3000
Food for twins = ~$100
Akershus lunch + Chef Mickey breakfast = ~250
Memory Maker = 150
Garden Grocer = 200
Didn't buy too many souvenirs

total ~$3700

Port Orleans Riverside, 7 nights pool view room
November 1-8
2 adults, 3 kids (upgraded ages to adults for dining plan)
$3384 for room and 7 day base tickets
Free dining
$1600 airfare - JetBlue out of Providence
$1000 spending money (tips, souvenirs, etc)
Rental car - not booked yet, estimating $250 for the week
Grand Total $6234

Sounds great, but how did you upgrade your children to adults when you are on 'free dining'?? Just wondering as that sounds like a good idea! ::yes::

Family of 4:

Staying at CSR, 8 nights/10 days
DDP
10 day tickets
$3600. $1200 more for kids money, gas, tips, alcohol, etc...

Planning $5000

Sounds great, but how did you upgrade your children to adults when you are on 'free dining'?? Just wondering as that sounds like a good idea! ::yes::

I did this last year as my then nine-year-old eats like an adult. All you have to do is register them as 10 and then you pay the difference on their child to adult park tickets which for us for a week was about $20. Quite a bargain - and he got to eat whatever he wanted! You can do this no matter how old the child.

So I feel a bit like I might be sick posting this but....

2 adults (honeymooning) 8 days/7 nights
Contemporary Resort theme park view CL
7 day ticket w/ park hopper
Platinum dining plan (which includes two spa treatment, tickets to cirque, a variety of tours, a fireworks cruise, and we are using it to take 3 trips to V&A)
Trip Insurance
~$10,600

First class airfare from EWR
~$2,000

Wild Africa Trek
~$400

VIP tour guide for 2 days
~$5,500

Gratuities and spending money (including alcohol)
~$2,000

Total: ~$20,500

But you only get married once, right? :)

So I feel a bit like I might be sick posting this but.... 2 adults (honeymooning) 8 days/7 nights Contemporary Resort theme park view CL 7 day ticket w/ park hopper Platinum dining plan (which includes two spa treatment, tickets to cirque, a variety of tours, a fireworks cruise, and we are using it to take 3 trips to V&A) Trip Insurance ~$10,600 First class airfare from EWR ~$2,000 Wild Africa Trek ~$400 VIP tour guide for 2 days ~$5,500 Gratuities and spending money (including alcohol) ~$2,000 Total: ~$20,500 But you only get married once, right? :)

Personally, mind you, personally and having been married over 43 years...

I'd rather cut back on a lot of that stuff and save the money for other trips to WDW...even just doing the 4 parks, it's tiring....in the heat and humidity, we take resort breaks... Pool breaks...

We try to keep our vacations to WDW reasonably priced... Some of what you have planned, there's no need for...but... It's your honeymoon, your time and your money but I find the whole scenario over the top and undo able...overkill.!

For my little family of 2

Airfare: $435.00
7 Nights/8 Day MWY Package: $1,924.16 (Includes Hotel Accomidation at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside and 7 Day Base Ticket.)
Dining Plan: $848.96

So for the trip itself w/ everything included except tip: $3,208.12

But for this trip I also have to include a W&D entry fee.

One Wine & Dine Entry Fee: 180.00

$3,388.12

Platinum dining plan (which includes two spa treatment, tickets to cirque, a variety of tours, a fireworks cruise, and we are using it to take 3 trips to V&A)
Trip Insurance
~$10,600

~$2,000

Wild Africa Trek
~$400

~$5,500

~$2,000

Wow!!! That's some trip you've got planned!!! So expensive though!

I'd rather cut back on a lot of that stuff and save the money for other trips to WDW...even just doing the 4 parks, it's tiring....in the heat and humidity, we take resort breaks... Pool breaks...

We try to keep our vacations to WDW reasonably priced... Some of what you have planned, there's no need for...but... It's your honeymoon, your time and your money but I find the whole scenario over the top and undo able...overkill.!

I tend to agree with this. DH and I also had our honeymoon at Disney and for a 7 night/8 day trip (mind you this was back in 2002), we paid about $2500 in total. Granted, we were at All Star Sports and didn't do a bunch of fancy meals or anything....but we had an absolutely amazing time and it was still one of our best trips ever - simply because it was our first as husband and wife!! :goodvibes

Family of 5, 3 adults, 2 kids
POR preferred room
7 day park hoppers
Disney Dining plan
5 MVMCP tickets
$3,827
($350 in GC discounts and $50 for using my DRV) brings it to
$3,427

$200 for my dad's flight

$250 for rental car (we're driving from ct)

$100 on "Arrival bags" for each of the kids (3 tshirts, water bottle, Cars matchbox car and Disney beanbag doll, sunglasses, hat and lots of glow stuff per kid)

Budgeted $300 for gas and $500-$700 for souvenirs and tips.

I thought I was doing pretty good budget wise, but writing it all down, it's a lot of money!!

pepe of ohio said:

I totally get what you are saying but we both work long hours and we rarely have a weekend off together, let alone the time for another Disney trip. We might not get the time to travel again for years.

And my husband to be is deathly afraid of pools and refuses to even look at them, so there won't be any pool breaks for us :(

I totally get what you are saying but we both work long hours and we rarely have a weekend off together, let alone the time for another Disney trip. We might not get the time to travel again for years.

And my husband to be is deathly afraid of pools and refuses to even look at them, so there won't be any pool breaks for us :(

:thumbsup2

So my dh and I were married for almost 30 years. Now let me say I have no regrets (well not many lol :rolleyes:) we were very frugal always trying to get the best bargain on things.

We always saved for "later". Well 2 years ago my wonderful husband died of cancer at 55. :sad1: Now there is no "later". Now I'm not encouraging folks to go hog wild and live beyond there means but if you and your hubby to be can afford to make this occasion special. GO FOR IT!!!

One thing I have learned in the last two years is life is precious and it goes by in a blink.

So I'm no longer saving like a crazy women for my "old age". I'm no longer denying myself because I may live to 99 and run out of money.
Once again, I'm not taking out all my money and blowing it but I'm also not denying myself little luxuries because of maybe, could be, etc.

Personally in my life right now, I could use a bit overkill. LOL. so next year, I've got a big trip to London planned (psst, we're hiring a personal tour guide and driver too!!!) and a big trip to the world planned. sure we can cut back, not stay concierge, not do as many tours but why not?

Can I do this every year, probably not but next year I can so imo, I'm going to enjoy it.

Seconded. Honeymoons don't have to be an all out elaborate extravaganza to be special. If you can comfortably afford this then great but don't start your marriage off in significant debt for one trip. Personally I question the value of a platinum dining plan.

:thumbsup2

So my dh and I were married for almost 30 years. Now let me say I have no regrets (well not many lol :rolleyes:) we were very frugal always trying to get the best bargain on things.

We always saved for "later". Well 2 years ago my wonderful husband died of cancer at 55. :sad1: Now there is no "later". Now I'm not encouraging folks to go hog wild and live beyond there means but if you and your hubby to be can afford to make this occasion special. GO FOR IT!!!

One thing I have learned in the last two years is life is precious and it goes by in a blink.

So I'm no longer saving like a crazy women for my "old age". I'm no longer denying myself because I may live to 99 and run out of money.
Once again, I'm not taking out all my money and blowing it but I'm also not denying myself little luxuries because of maybe, could be, etc.

Personally in my life right now, I could use a bit overkill. LOL. so next year, I've got a big trip to London planned (psst, we're hiring a personal tour guide and driver too!!!) and a big trip to the world planned. sure we can cut back, not stay concierge, not do as many tours but why not?

Can I do this every year, probably not but next year I can so imo, I'm going to enjoy it.

I agree, live now while you have the chance. This Honeymoon will be the memory that you always daydream back too, talk about with each other, and share just with the two of you.

eliza61 - enjoy London you will not regret hiring that driver especially if you have not been here before.:)

Trip Insurance
~$10,600

~$2,000

Wild Africa Trek
~$400

~$5,500

~$2,000

Since you said you dont get much time off and it may be a while before you go on another vacation...

i would totally drop the VIP tour guide and use that money to add some days to your vacation.

I don't get to see my fiance often because he works long and crazy hours, so our vacation time means even more to me...

Id take extra time with him over a VIP guide any day.

I wish it was my trip because it sound incredible! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter