How much is daily mousekeeping when you are a DVC guest???

andriade

DIS Veteran
i know that you only get limited mousekeeping as a DVC guest. It's like every 4 days I think. I can't imagine how that would be with 2 kids and the need for towels and stuff. How do you make it work for you or do you pay extra for the mousekeepers to come more often????

Thanks!

I believe towel and trash service is $10/day. Just ask for it when you check-in.

There is also free use of a washer and dryer at all DVC resorts. Just bring your own soap and frabric softner.

Dumbo

You know, when I first became a member I had the exact same concerns, and asked a similar question on this board.

After my first stay at a DVC resort, I understood what all the long time members here had told me....

Paraphrasing-
"You won't miss it."
"You won't want it."
"It's great not having to be out of the room at a certain time."
"It's great not having a housekeeper knocking at your door."

When I brought my sister as a guest, she couldn't believe that for the price we paid we didn't get daily housekeeping.
We brought her again a few months later, and she commented how great it was not to have housekeeping.

She even just purchased two contracts at SSR! :drinking:

MG

If I remember correctly, it is $35 for a full cleaning of a 1BR.

As of Jan 2005, a full clean for studio- $25; 1 bdrm- $30; 2 bdrm- $40; grand villa- $60....requires 24 hr. notice. Additional towels are $6/set

Remember, DVC is still a timeshare, and follows what most timeshare industry standards are. You will get a full cleaning on day 4 of your stay, and trash and towel service on day 8 if you are staying longer than that. Check-in day is counted as day one. A studio and 1 bedroom villa will each have 4 bath towels and 4 hand towels and washcloths. A 2 bedroom villa will have a additional set like that in the second bedroom. A 3 bedroom will have those two sets of 4 plus another one in the 3rd bedroom and a set of two each in the downstairs hall bath. Remember that if you are staying in a 1,2,or 3 bedroom villa, you will have a washer and dryer in your unit which can be used to wash towels should you need them in between T&T and cleaning days.

As MG said, we really prefer not having housekeeping. It's no big deal to make the bed when I get out of, just like I do at home. It only takes a few seconds. We always find there are more than enough towels, and often when the cleaning or T&T day comes, there are still unused towels.

You also can call and pay for an extra towel pack when you need it at $6 per pack of 4.

dianeschlicht said:
You will get a full cleaning on day 4 of your stay, and trash and towel service on day 8 if you are staying longer than that.
Actually it is the other way around. Trash and towel on day 4 and full cleaning on day 8.

Dumbo

Dumbo said:
Actually it is the other way around. Trash and towel on day 4 and full cleaning on day 8.

Dumbo

Diane is correct, for stays 8 days or longer the full cleaning is on day 4, T+T on day 8. From the member website:

Full Cleaning Service
For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12, regardless of whether you're using Member-discounted cash, Vacation Points or a combination of both.

Don't miss housekeeping at all...and I just either wash/dryer the towels as need or just dry them..works just fine...

andriade said:
i know that you only get limited mousekeeping as a DVC guest. It's like every 4 days I think. I can't imagine how that would be with 2 kids and the need for towels and stuff.

OK, I'm starting to feel that personal hygiene bugaboo again. I usually hang with a towel for 4+ days at home without noticing the Pigpen-like cloud of dust following me around. Hope I'm not the only one...

When we vacation at other resorts we put up the "do not disturb" sign. We really like the fact that we don't have to have other people come into our room.

Joe in CT

tjkraz said:
OK, I'm starting to feel that personal hygiene bugaboo again. I usually hang with a towel for 4+ days at home without noticing the Pigpen-like cloud of dust following me around. Hope I'm not the only one...

Only 4???? We go a week hanging our two bath towels up each day. If I notice a problem with the tub mat, I wash it during the week or replace it with another. I don't notice a problem with the towels. I'm usually clean when I get out of the shower. We hang our towels up at DVC each day and if they get bad, I'll wash them. Four towels usually work out fine for the three of us.

We make our bed every morning at home, so it's nothing to make the bed each morning at DVC.

You will also have a vacuum cleaner in your villa to clean up little dry messes. Just like at home.

Maybe that's why they call them the "Home Away From Home" resorts.

Thanks, I guess I am just spoiled. I kind of like having my bed made on vacation. but I do admit, I hate when I get back for a nap with the baby and housekeeping hasn't cleaned and I have to leave. maybe you're right, it's not that big of a deal.

andriade said:
Thanks, I guess I am just spoiled....

....maybe you're right, it's not that big of a deal.
I'm not trying to speak for everyone here, but I think perhaps you missed my point.
I am not saying "it's not a big deal to go without".
I am saying that "I prefer to go without".

Maybe it's just me, but I feel as though I have to pick up a little bit and make the place look respectable before housekeeping arrives.
Since there is no housekeeping, I don't worry if I forget to pick my drawers up from the bathroom floor. :teeth:

MG

The system works great the way it is.

The current system minimizes the impact on member dues, while offering a pay-for-play option for those who prefer daily (or at least more frequent) services.

Offering daily full cleanings would dramatically increase the housekeeping component of our member dues. I'm with MG...we prefer not to have the daily cleanings. When I really stop and think about it, the only thing we really miss is having a freshly-made bed daily. Not much of a trade-off considering the cost involved, not to mention the inconvenience.

I don't have a problem reusing the bath towels, just hang to air dry, but I do have aproblem reusing wash cloths. The way I get around it is (if I don't do a load of laundry) to buy a cheap stack of wash cloths before we leave for DW and use them as needed and I leave them behind. You can buy a bundle for a few dollars at Walmart or wherever and they really don't take up much room in the luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!