How much do you budget for food for 2 Adults and 2 teenage boys for a week at WDW

I sure can. We had a sit down every day, and a counter service. We do not share, do not drink alcoholic beverages, and we are meat eaters

We ate at:
  • Steakhouse 71 - best bang for the buck by far
  • Space 220 -
  • Primetime Cafe
  • Story Book Dining with Snow White - good food, but overpriced IMO
  • Topolinos - Dinner, and did not enjoy.... I know some do. One and done for us
  • Bomas
  • Wine Bar George
I didn't write down the Counter Services, but we ate a lot at Captain Cook's because we stayed at the Poly. We aren't huge snackers, so maybe 15-20 snacks for the 8 days/7 nights.

I hope this helps!

Just adding my 2-cents as well as how I plan this.. Sorry I LOVE planning, sometimes more than the trip itself.. LOL..

-- I have a custom database and website where I track expenses, what attractions we want to see, rides we want to do, reservations, and expenses..

Anyways.. I second the comments on getting supplies for your room, and you can also take snacks/sandwiches into the park, make sure to follow park policies on ice. We are planning on caring in water bottles and flavor packets. We actually just got some really cool bottle called Infuze that all you to change from plain water to flavored with the slide of a switch.. We will also carry in protein/granola bars; low mess, small and help curb the munchies..

As far as eating plans I have one QS planned for breakfast, or lunch with a larger dinner. there are a few days we are doing a sit-down breakfast in which cases its snack foods for lunch and QS for dinner. As for budget I looked at the menu of each place we want to eat at and calculated the cost for an app, main course, dessert, and adult Bev. That is my set aside amount. for QS I grab the most expensive meal where we are planning to eat.. Yes I even have our QS locations pre-planned. Any extra $$ can be used on snacks if we want them.

I also find it handy to have a checkbook app, or something similar that I keep tabs on while in the park. This way I can see if we need to adjust and maybe have a lighter meal or can splurge and go with a larger meal. For the most part our food budget; two adults, is $250-300 a day.

We use to plan about $100 a day to feed two adults and four kids... tight budget and lots of sharing and lot's of offsite snacks carried around.

Thirty years later and yeah it's $100 per person in most cases. Sharing isn't as easy (still possible depending on heat and how many snacks you have had) with smaller portion sizes, our "tastes" and budgets have evolved and our desire to carry extra stuff has diminished.

Today it's pretty simple to plan you food budget... as all the menus and prices are built into the App and Disney has moved to Prefix at a lot of locations.

I sure can. We had a sit down every day, and a counter service. We do not share, do not drink alcoholic beverages, and we are meat eaters

We ate at:
  • Steakhouse 71 - best bang for the buck by far
  • Space 220 -
  • Primetime Cafe
  • Story Book Dining with Snow White - good food, but overpriced IMO
  • Topolinos - Dinner, and did not enjoy.... I know some do. One and done for us
  • Bomas
  • Wine Bar George
I didn't write down the Counter Services, but we ate a lot at Captain Cook's because we stayed at the Poly. We aren't huge snackers, so maybe 15-20 snacks for the 8 days/7 nights.

I hope this helps!
Thanks for sharing! Very close for us as 2 parents & 2 young adults with similar mix of the 1 TS a day. We usually get 2-3 cocktails each over the trip (Parents only, lol).

Wish the food plan would come back. It worked well with this type of eating habits. We’d average over $75pp/day regardless, so DDP felt like getting a bonus for that. The old BoG QS breakfast was such a fun way to start an MK day, we were able to do more buffets without breaking the bank, and we loved saving up the snack credits for EP festival booths.

Great to hear you enjoyed Steakhouse 71! We were on the fence but now I think we need to try it while staying at BLT. Next month is our 60 day ADRs. Still deciding.

The lists for foods to keep in your room is great. But, if your family is not going to eat it - it's a waste of time and money. I agree that if you are going to do a TS every day, your budget should be closer to $125-$150.

One year we did a big order for a week and I knew the fresh food would take up the space in the fridge. We packed a collapsible cooler that would hold about a dozen cans of soda or a few two liter bottles. We only used it for stuff that if it got warm, it wouldn't kill us. Added bags of ice that were double bagged. Sat it on a counter on top of a few towels. Did need to get fresh ice every evening, so there is a bit of an hassle, but still better than warm soda or $5 cups of soda.
I have the luxury of driving and have used a cooler. We usually only bought one meal and one snack a day. My son is a big eater too! I bought sandwich makings, frozen dinners/breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal cups and fresh fruit and veg. Publix chicken has definitely been a hit too!

In Dec 2021, the two of us averaged around $17 per person for qs meals without dessert. I think a good snack average is to budget $7-8 per snack. Table service meal prices vary wildly but our 2 most expensive meals were at Yak & Yeti and San Angel Inn, I think our bill was around $80 without alcohol. Our cheapest Table service meal was Sci Fi Diner and I want to say it was under $60.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter