How much did your "Value" vacation cost you?

Staying at asmusic... staying 7 days.. two adults one child... through priceline w airfare 1600..
Not too bad. Booked three months in advance

We have 16 nights at Pop century from 8/17-9/1 with free dining from last years bounce back base ticket w/waterparks and more option $3670 + 1220 for airfare for 2 adults and a Disney adult (aka DD15) ... Ok that is frightening when I add it together...oh well it is only once a year! :banana::banana::banana:

I had first planned to get deluxe dinning plan for a big celebration trip for my DGD18 turning 18 and HS graduation celebration. Then, I had to have a procedure done and have a high deductible health plan so had to forgo the DxDP. :rolleyes: At least I don't have cancer! :goodvibes

Now:
3 adults, 1 child

1 night Hilton DTD, 5 nights BLT, 2 nights AKV $1640.00 (renting DVC points)
6day park passes (no hoppers) $1134.00
Reg DP for BLT stay $919.00
Out of Pocket meals and tea @ GF $400
MNSSHP tickets $260.00
Photopass $150
Gas (driving 12hrs) $400
Misc tips, etc $800

$4800 total

me, DS12, DD10, DS4

round trip flight for 4
8 nights
4 day tickets
food

So a grand total of about $3,586.

We stayed at POP last August, no FD but we did get a room discount, I think. 6 nights.
1 adult, 1 child.
The package I booked was right at $2000. That was standard room, 5 day WPF&M passes, regular dining plan.
We drove the 14 hour drive down there, and I have a hybrid, so about $90-100 each way in gas.
Then about $500 in spending money, tips (dining and mousekeeping), any snacks not covered by DDP.
We ate cereal in room for breakfasts.
There may be other expenses I'm not remembering, but it was about $2700 TOTAL.

We are doing moderate this year. Hated that there was no pool slide, no shade, no coffee maker in room (we brought our own, but kind of a pain).

We went 2/28 - 3/7. It was me, DH, & DS (so 3 adults) We stayed Mod. at POR so we got the Stay, Play & Dine deal w/ included Reg. Dining Plan.

Resort w/ MYW PH & Reg. DP = $2860
Airfare out of Boston $772 w/ 1 suitcase a piece
Spending $ w/ tips etc included = $560
PP bought in Dis last minute = $199

Grand Total of $4291

It was our first trip ever....and we had TONS of FUN!!!

We leave a week from today. Our dates are April 13-21st. It's our schools April vacation. We are a family of 4.

Flights from Portland Maine rt X 4 = 1040.00 United
DVC = 0.00
Premium Annual Passes DVC (3rd use) = 0.00
Spending money = 1000.00
Pre-purchased Disney gift cards = 500.00
Total = $2540.00

Not too bad for a week in the sun during April vacation.

7 nights at Pop with 8 day base tickets is just over $1800. Food/spending money/tips will be about $1000. We will drive down (14 hour drive so will split it up probably) so that's another $600 or so for food, gas, and hotels. So about $3400 for 2 adults and 1 child. That's assuming we will go without any discount which is unlikely.

If I could get out for the amount some of yall can I'd be jumping for joy and booking 4 or 5 trips a year!

5 nights at All Stars standard room with 4 day park tix and quick service dining plan $1535 + $400 1 table service meal per night + $600 flights =$2,535 plus spending on souvenirs. I usually take about $100 for that, so grand total $2,635 for 1 adult and DD16. Magic of Disney on July 4th, priceless!!!

For our November trip, 2 adults no kids:
8 nights at OKW studio using rented DVC points =$1,056
Park tickets (annual passes, I've divided the cost by three as that is the number of trips we will get out of them) =$407
Spending money for parks including meals (actually $800 in Disney gift cards but I get 5% off with Target Red Card)=$760
Groceries for villa=$75
Gas =$250
Hotels/meals for drive down=$150
Total $2,698

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Wow, it really does make me feel better seeing that I've got away cheap in comparison to many. My sister and I are staying at the Pop next month for 10 days. Well, 10 days for me... she's a grad student and got stuck with a presentation on the very last day of finals week, so I'll be solo for two days before she joins me.

2 round-trip tickets on Southwest Airlines: $468
10 days at Pop Century (spring discount!): $1156
7-day non-hopper Disney park ticket (me): $301
5-day non-hopper Disney park ticket (her): $270
2 single-day admissions for Universal: $184
Total: $2379 for a ten day vacation

I'm still debating with myself on whether to splurge for a single night at the Polynesian. It makes me feel sick contemplating paying $580 for ONE night, which is more than half the cost of TEN nights at Pop!!!

Still, it would mean two whole days of luxurious relaxation surrounded by palm trees and white sand, the opportunity for actual swimming in the zero-entry pool, sunbathing whilst sipping alcohol from a pineapple and reading something deliciously trashy with no redeeming literary value whatsoever.

Not to mention the lottery-win of this year's late evening reservations at 'Ohana being followed by NOT having to sleepily crawl our slow way back to the Pop after dinner, waiting in queues to ride the monorail and then the Disney transportation bus at the end of a 14-hour day, after having stuffed in so much food that just getting out of my seat feels as if I've used up all my remaining energy for the whole trip.

I think it's worth it... but still... more than half! I have to stop looking at the numbers.

Wow, it really does make me feel better seeing that I've got away cheap in comparison to many. My sister and I are staying at the Pop next month for 10 days. Well, 10 days for me... she's a grad student and got stuck with a presentation on the very last day of finals week, so I'll be solo for two days before she joins me.

I'm still debating with myself on whether to splurge for a single night at the Polynesian. It makes me feel sick contemplating paying $580 for ONE night, which is more than half the cost of TEN nights at Pop!!!

Still, it would mean two whole days of luxurious relaxation surrounded by palm trees and white sand, the opportunity for actual swimming in the zero-entry pool, sunbathing whilst sipping alcohol from a pineapple and reading something deliciously trashy with no redeeming literary value whatsoever.

Not to mention the lottery-win of this year's late evening reservations at 'Ohana being followed by NOT having to sleepily crawl our slow way back to the Pop after dinner, waiting in queues to ride the monorail and then the Disney transportation bus at the end of a 14-hour day, after having stuffed in so much food that just getting out of my seat feels as if I've used up all my remaining energy for the whole trip.

I think it's worth it... but still... more than half! I have to stop looking at the numbers.

Yeah mine looks better too when I don't include meals. Darn grand kids wanna eat while we're there lol

$580 brings you just about 25% closer to the budget of your next trip. I think I would spring $20 for a taxi after 'Ohana and enjoy some frozen drinks at Pop. One day is just not worth the move to me. I would not get 2 full days out of it, with check-in, and possibly no home room for half the day on both ends.
Donna

We typically spend around $2800-3000 for a 10-12 day trip. The last few years we have been going in August and got free dining. I use my airmiles to get park tickets so I have only purchased the minimum required ticket to get FD. Some of those have been used and some have been saved for future use. We stay at a value resort in a preferred room.

So for approx $2800 we are getting air, hotel, food, park tickets, and spending money. We are a family of four...kids are both well over age 10. Our oldest doesn't always come with us so some trips cost a tiny bit less.

$580 brings you just about 25% closer to the budget of your next trip. I think I would spring $20 for a taxi after 'Ohana and enjoy some frozen drinks at Pop. One day is just not worth the move to me. I would not get 2 full days out of it, with check-in, and possibly no home room for half the day on both ends.
Donna

Oh, I'm not checking out of the Pop for that one night. This is a 10 day vacation and I'm a self-confessed over-packer, not to mention all the medical equipment that accompanies me. It would take the better part of a day to move everything. My sister and I will sleep late at Pop, pack a few things up and head to the Poly late morning, spend a lazy day at the pool, stuff ourselves at 'Ohana and sleep at the Poly. The next day we'll repeat the sleeping late and the poolside relaxing, then hie ourselves back to the Pop around dusk.

The Poly stay is more about the pool access than escaping 'Ohana without an ordeal (taxis aren't a great option unless I'm desperate; I have to request a handicapped-accessible vehicle with a lift and I've had very bad experiences), though I wouldn't have done it without both factors. I'm pretty heavily disabled and I can't use most resort pools because of the steps. The Poly is one of the few places featuring a zero-entry pool where you just wade in. I haven't been able to enjoy a day poolside in literally years so it's worth a lot to me.

In any case, it is definitely a splurge. To be honest, I've been feeling sorry for myself because my health has deteriorated significantly since last year's Disney visit (we go every year in May) and I know I won't be able to do a lot of the rides and experiences I normally enjoy. I'm making myself feel better about it by planning things that my practical side usually shies from.

Not a value vacation, my but my first stay at a moderate. I went back and forth so many times trying to decide on staying value vs moderate. I splurged this time.

For one adult:

7 nights at POR with 7 day PH $1837.11
Flight from bellingham (including parking and baggage fees) $640
Food (I have always had free dining before)guessing at $350
Extra spending $$ $200

Total: $3027.11 CAD

Yikes!! I did my best with currency conversion. That's $432.44 per day :eek:

Oh well, I am looking forward to my first moderate stay. With these prices (yes I got the 30% off with the spring offer and I am staying in a GV Royal room) it may be my last moderate stay.

October 10-19, 2012 - ASMu - 2 adults (DBF and me)
preferred room for 9 nights + 9 day park hoppers: $1874 (after a very small but appreciated room discount)
2 one-park tickets to Universal + shuttle to/from Universal: $220
2 roundtrip flights Buffalo to Orlando: $570
trip insurance for both of us: $97
all meals OOP: $1300
my shopping money: $400
TOTAL: $4461
and worth EVERY PENNY ;)

Oh, I'm not checking out of the Pop for that one night. This is a 10 day vacation and I'm a self-confessed over-packer, not to mention all the medical equipment that accompanies me. It would take the better part of a day to move everything. My sister and I will sleep late at Pop, pack a few things up and head to the Poly late morning, spend a lazy day at the pool, stuff ourselves at 'Ohana and sleep at the Poly. The next day we'll repeat the sleeping late and the poolside relaxing, then hie ourselves back to the Pop around dusk.

The Poly stay is more about the pool access than escaping 'Ohana without an ordeal (taxis aren't a great option unless I'm desperate; I have to request a handicapped-accessible vehicle with a lift and I've had very bad experiences), though I wouldn't have done it without both factors. I'm pretty heavily disabled and I can't use most resort pools because of the steps. The Poly is one of the few places featuring a zero-entry pool where you just wade in. I haven't been able to enjoy a day poolside in literally years so it's worth a lot to me.

In any case, it is definitely a splurge. To be honest, I've been feeling sorry for myself because my health has deteriorated significantly since last year's Disney visit (we go every year in May) and I know I won't be able to do a lot of the rides and experiences I normally enjoy. I'm making myself feel better about it by planning things that my practical side usually shies from.

You know what, go for it! Sounds like you truly deserve it and your plan is absolutely perfect!

Aloha? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter