How many times can I push back/ reassign my cruise reservation?

Debby7

DIS Veteran
We made a placeholder on our last cruise and then a month later changed that placeholder into an actual European cruise that we felt that we would be able to set aside the money and pay off by the paid in full date. Now , with the airfare, pre cruise hotel and very expensive excursions, I am not so sure we will have the money saved by the paid in full date. If I push it back to a date past the 2 years I know I will lose my 10% discount, but can I push it to the same cruise a year later, even though that would be past the 2 year mark or is this basically a cancel and rebook situation?

We made a placeholder on our last cruise and then a month later changed that placeholder into an actual European cruise that we felt that we would be able to set aside the money and pay off by the paid in full date. Now , with the airfare, pre cruise hotel and very expensive excursions, I am not so sure we will have the money saved by the paid in full date. If I push it back to a date past the 2 years I know I will lose my 10% discount, but can I push it to the same cruise a year later, even though that would be past the 2 year mark or is this basically a cancel and rebook situation?
As long as you take the actual future cruise within 24 months of the original placeholder reservation booking date, you will still get the onboard booking perks. Unless you wind up on a blackout date. In that case you'll only get the onboard credit, no 10% reduction in fare.

You can push the date past the 24 month mark, but, as you say, you'll lose your perks. You will also be paying the cost of the new cruise on the day you move the reservation, not the cost it was when the original reservation was made.

You can push the date back as many times as you wish.

You can push it back as many times as you want to keep the money there and not lose it. But after 24 months you'll lose any perks such as fare reduction or onboard credit.

You can push the date past the 24 month mark, but, as you say, you'll lose your perks. You will also be paying the cost of the new cruise on the day you move the reservation, not the cost it was when the original reservation was made.

Would this be the same if the OP moved her booked cruise under the 24-mo mark? I've never been clear on if I move a cruise I actually booked and paid a deposit for (not just a placeholder) and need to move the cruise to a different cruise, would I end up paying the fare that is currently listed at (minus the 10%)?

Would this be the same if the OP moved her booked cruise under the 24-mo mark? I've never been clear on if I move a cruise I actually booked and paid a deposit for (not just a placeholder) and need to move the cruise to a different cruise, would I end up paying the fare that is currently listed at (minus the 10%)?
Yes, if you have a cruise booked, with the OBB perks, and move it to a different cruise (within the 24 month period) you'll get the discount on the prevailing rate, not the rate that cruise was when you made your original reservation.

Yeah, figured that as well :-) Wish I had realized that I could have just paid $250 for a placeholder, although, are those refundable?

To add to that - you'll also have to pay the difference (if there is one) on the deposit, if the new cruise costs more.

Here is something I've wondered... Would it be the difference to the full 20% deposit level? Or the difference to the 10% deposit level?

Same question if you upgraded your cabin on the originally booked cruise.

Here is something I've wondered... Would it be the difference to the full 20% deposit level? Or the difference to the 10% deposit level?

Same question if you upgraded your cabin on the originally booked cruise.
Still the same 10%, since it's an OBB reservation, even if you move it from the original date.

Unless, if you go from a 7 night to a 4 night, it would be 20%.

Still the same 10%, since it's an OBB reservation, even if you move it from the original date.

Unless, if you go from a 7 night to a 4 night, it would be 20%.

Thanks! I've changed cabins before, but it was either after I'd paid in full (which I do early), paid more money into it, and/or went to a lower category, so I wasn't sure. Doubtful I'll be doing it for Feb, but one never knows. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter