How many more days until your Disney cruise - Part 3

16 days until 7 night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy!
50 days until 3 night Bahamas HOTHS on the Dream!
127 days until 3 night Bahamas on the RCCL Mariner of the Seas!
190 days until 3 night Bahamas (Concierge!) on the Dream!
306 days until 9 night Baltic on the NCL Escape!

12 days until we return to Alaska! Almost time for the single digit dance!
52 days until we sail on the Magic for the first time to Bermuda!
214 days until we go home to Aulani!
366 days until we are back on the Magic for Northern Europe!
426 days until we are back on the Wonder for our 10th cruise, to Baja!

15.5 days until mine.
Any recommendations for things to do in Bahamas?
Atlantis Aquaventure seems to expensive for the few hours we'll be able to spend there.

I took my first Disney cruise (first cruise ever) in January of this year. It was my DW's 3rd cruise and second Disney cruise. I told her that I was not interested in getting off the boat at Nassau. She was good with that. We got up that day and had a relaxing breakfast due to not having to rush to get anywhere. We explored the boat. We rode the Aquaduck several times. (not crowded) We ate some more and sat out by the pool. One of the most enjoyable things was watching a movie together in an almost empty theater. We had our first "drink of the day" on our veranda. We enjoyed the amazing artwork, both static and interactive throughout the boat. We snacked on ice cream and ate a little more :). We had fun watching from our veranda, the port runners getting back to not only our boat but the other boats that were leaving that evening. :rotfl2:

This was what worked for us. We knew that we would be getting off the boat at Castaway Cay early to do the run and enjoy the other activities on the island. We got back on the boat that evening and had dinner and enjoyed the evening activities. The day at sea as you can imagine, the boat and deck activities were crowded. We did some on board shopping and watched another surprisingly uncrowded movie.

Again, I say all this to say that the Nassau day worked out good for us to do many of the on board activities on a much less crowded boat. We chose not to spend as you stated, very expensive fees to do the shore excursions as well as paying for food.

We are going back on the Dream for a Halloween on the High Seas cruise in October. My sister and BIL are going with us for their first Disney cruise and are looking at doing about the same thing. We did talk about getting off the boat at Nassau and walking over to port gate just so that we can say that we have been to Nassau.

Have a great cruise :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
Steve

15 days until 7 night Western Caribbean on the Fantasy!
49 days until 3 night Bahamas HOTHS on the Dream!
126 days until 3 night Bahamas on the RCCL Mariner of the Seas!
189 days until 3 night Bahamas (Concierge!) on the Dream!
305 days until 9 night Baltic on the NCL Escape!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!