• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many Disney resorts have you stayed in?

Liz

Make a miracle!
How many Disney resorts have you stayed at and do you have a favorite? The total is 8 for me. I can't really choose a favorite because I loved different things about each one. Out of the ones listed, my favorites are the Dolphin, Poly, Pop and Coronado Springs.

Dolphin
Polynesian
Pop
Coronado Springs
All Star Movies
Dixie Landings (POR)
Ft. Wilderness cabin
Contemporary (tower & wing)

Poly, Contemporary (South Wing), Board Walk, Beach Club, FW Homes, Coronado Springs, Carribean Beach, Dixe Landings( PO-R), Port Orleans (PO-FQ), Sports, Music, Movies & Pop ..and the Swan.

Favorite Pool is the Beach Club... My overall favorite is the Poly.. but to be fair it was because each time I stayed there, it was concierge. My favorite mod is Dixie Landings, favorite value.... Sports. My least favorite is the Contemporary for Disney & Swan overall. Only way I would stay there again is if it were super cheap!

12 Resorts:

POP
French Quarter (a FAV)
Riverside
Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Wilderness Lodge
Animal Kingdom Lodge (a Fav)
Yacht Club (A Fav)
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Villas
Poly
Dolphin

Was aiming at staying at all. But at this point, no desire to stay at the All Stars. Don't know if will do Contemporary. Maybe Grand Floridian at some point just to say we stayed there.

Ok let's see.....

Contemp (back in the 70's dont really remember)
OKW
WL
ASMo
Wyndham Dungeon (now the Buena Vista Palace)
POR (only place we've had bad service)
Pop
SSR (2x)
BWV
BCV

In order of favorite, starting with:

Animal Kingdom Lodge :goodvibes
Dixie Landings :goodvibes
Coronado Springs
All Star Sports
Howard Johnsons (DD)
Pop Century
POFQ

Poly, Contemporary (South Wing), Board Walk, Beach Club, FW Homes, Coronado Springs, Carribean Beach, Dixe Landings( PO-R), Port Orleans (PO-FQ), Sports, Music, Movies & Pop ..and the Swan.

Favorite Pool is the Beach Club... My overall favorite is the Poly.. but to be fair it was because each time I stayed there, it was concierge. My favorite mod is Dixie Landings, favorite value.... Sports. My least favorite is the Contemporary for Disney & Swan overall. Only way I would stay there again is if it were super cheap!

That's interesting that your favorite value is Sports, even over Pop. Any particular reason why? Was it just the theme you liked better or something else?

In sort of chronological order:
Poly - year the park opened! (and once since)
Tree Houses - what ARE they going to do with them?
LBV villas - torn down to make room for SSP
Fairway Villas - are they even there anymore?
Dolphin - for our son's wedding 11 years ago
GF - for my 50th Bday
YC = Very very nice
BC - OK
CS - Love it there!
WL - very nice but too dark!
AKL- a real favorite!!
CT - my daughter in law was running the Disney Marathon!
OKW - every yr plus nxt week!
Hilton - DDD
VBR - love it over at the Ocean
BWV - better than I thought
BCV - too far away
FW cabins - granddaughters favorite!

Also visited friends, at PO, CB, FW campsites. I think that is all.

6 by my count. There would be more but Shades of Green is such a great price for the size of the rooms, it's hard to resist.

My favorites are Grand Floridian and Port Orleans, French Quarter.

Port Orleans
Polynesian
Contemporary
Grand Floridian
All Star Sports
Pop Century

Our goal is try each one at least once. So I guess that Guarantees me at least 20 more trips or so....:goodvibes

Let's see.....we have stayed in POR two times, Contemporary (garden wing), and this year we are trying POP....

Three resorts:
Contemporary Magic Kingdom view
Polynesian C Garden view
Grand Floridian (did not like this one)
and now for 2007 adding the Animal Kingdom Lodge. :cheer2:
JC

WL
VWL
SSR
POR-Riverside
ASMo

This year, I think we may change our split stay from VWL/ASMo to VWL and either CSR, ASMu or POP just to try a new resort!

Karla B.

We hope to one day stay at all Disney resorts. So far here is our list:

Contemporary (x2)
Beach Club Villas (x3)
Pop Century
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Port Orleans French Quarter
Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Port Orleans Riverside
Wilderness Lodge
Boardwalk Villas

Beach Club Villas and Contemporary are our favorites so far!

DTD --Hiton
DTD-- Royal Plaza
DTD--Doubletree Suites
Fort Wilderness--Our RV
Fort Wilderness--Cabins
Disney Inn--Now SOG
CBR
Contempory in the tower--MK view
Dolphin
All Star Movies
All Star Music

----------------------
All Star Muisc is my favoritre!

I am 56 years old and travel several times a year for pleasure.
I can well afford to stay at of Disney's resorts. I often stay at 4 star hotels.
So the deluxe and mod resorts are just another hotel/motel to me.
All Star is like being in the heart of the Magic and that is where I want to be.

All Star Music is my favorite. It is quieter because more couples stay there. I love staying at the Calypso building. It is closer to the pool, food court and bus stop.

I have visited WDW more than a dozen times with the 1st time in Oct. 1971. It was brand new. I've stayed at FW, Disney Inn, a few the of Hotels on hotel Blvd., CBR and the towers at the Contemporary. I got to see the MK from my balcony at the Contemporary and I'm happy I got to experience it once. I just prefer the All Star Resorts.
The theming is pure Disney.
My last 6 visits have been at The All Stars and lin the fall of 2005 when we took dd,dsil, and our grandson age 3 (at the time) for 8 nights we stayed at the All Stars Music. I thought about AKL and even though we can well afford AKL I just wanted Alex to experience the Disney Magic :wizard: at the All Stars on his first visit.
Where else can one find Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse at the pool?

Have a great time at Disney wherever you choose to stay!

So far I have stayed in 17 on-site properties plus The Disney Wonder and The Disney Magic.
Of all the resorts The Wilderness Lodge/Villas @ Wilderness Lodge are my favorites followed by The Boardwalk Villas.

1st visit pre-opening summer 1971:Off-site1971-1981:Poly,1982-1993,1995,1997,1998:CBR,1988:CR,1972,1989:
WL,1994,1995,April1996,May1996,1997,1998,1999,2001,Sept2003,Nov2003,Concierge,May2004,Sept2004,Dec2004,
Feb2005,May2005,June2005,Oct2005,Concierge,June2006,Concierge,Oct2006,March 2007:Ft.W.Cabins,1997:OKW,1999:BWV,1998,2003,2004,May2005,Oct2005,March2006,Oct2006:
AKL,July2001,OCT2001,Aug2005:POFQ,2001:ASSport,1998,2001,2002,2003:ASMovie,2002:
ASMusic,2004:BCV,2003,2004:VWL,2000,2001,May2002,Sept2002,2003,June2006:
Pop Century,March2004,May2004,July2004,2005,March2006,Dec2006:
Grand Floridian,Dec2005:BC,2006:Disney Wonder2005:Disney Magic2006:

I've stayed in:

Contemporary (South Wing, late 1980s)
FW Campground (in a tent once...crazy! then we got smarter and took a camper)
Coronado Springs
POFQ
POP
POR
CBR
ASMovies
AKL
ASMusic

My favorite, overall, is AKL, but I have always dreamed of staying at the Poly, since I was a kid...was trying to get in there next weekend for my birthday but settled for CSR again--I think I'm lucky to get anything!

In order from favorite to least favorite...

BWV-4
CR-1
POR-3
BCV-1
Dolphin-1
Polynesian-1
POP-3
AllStarMusic-1
Swan-1

We have stayed in:

The Contemporary
Boardwalk Villas
The Dolphin
Caribbean Beach Resort
Fort Wilderness Campground (in a camper)
Fort Wilderness Cabins
Dixie Landings
All Star Music
Pop Century

And we loved them all. THere is nothing like staying on site!

All Star Movies (4x)
All Star Music (2x)
Caribbean Beach (3x)
POFQ(1x)
Riverside (4x)
Coronado (2x)
Poly (3x)
Contemporary (1x)
Grand Floridian (1x)
Beach Club (2x)
Boardwalk (1x)
Fort Wilderness Cabin (2x)
Wilderness Lodge (2x)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (3x)
next trip ..Old Key West
love them all!

We have stayed in the following:

Contemporary (x2): North and South Wing
Port Orleans French Quarter
Port Orleans Riverside (Dixie Landings)
Wilderness Lodge

However, we will be staying in Pop Century and Boardwalk Villas (Home) :cloud9: in April.
:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter