How many days?

For us 10 - 12 days is ideal. If you are traveling during a "slower" time of the year I would say 6 days is the absolute minimum, you won't have much down time for things like swimming, shopping, mini golf, etc.

So jeolous of those that can go for nice periods of time. When we went to WDW I could only get DH to do 4 days max with a break in the middle. Wish we could do at 6 or 7 , never mind about 10+

1st trip we did 5 days. We were park commandos. Up at the crack of dawn each day, mid day break and then back at night until close.

Now we stay longer 9 nights, 8 days. We do half days, enjoy water parks, take our time and enjoy our resort more. We saw and did a lot more the 1st year but it was really tough. We had our kids and we were younger.

It's not about us doing more now, it's about a different touring style going as middle age adults.

We usually do 1 day in each park, and 1 day in the middle as an "off" day, but usually I have 5 day tickets so we can do an evening visit for fireworks on our off day.

I personally think 6-7 days does the parks justice. We have gone anywhere from 5-9 days over the years before we had children, with babies, toddlers and now our 5 and 7 year olds. Any every trip was magical and filled with memories. Some trips we saw and did more because it was cooler, or less crowded. Some years less because it was so hot we took more breaks at the resort. Some years we skipped parks all together (like DHS last year) to be sure we saw more in the other three parks.
I don't think you can go wrong with # any days at Disney! :)

Two factors that we consider are: (1) the cost of transportation to get to Florida, and (2) the fact that WDW tickets get cheaper on a per-day basis the longer you stay.

In general, we like to be able to go to MK for two full days, Epcot for two full days, and HS and AK for a full day each. We also like to be able to go to both water parks and Disney Springs.

For our first family visit in 2007, we planned a 6-night stay (Sunday to Saturday). On Friday, nobody wanted to leave the next day, so I extended our stay by another night, even though we had to switch hotels. On this visit, we were able to see everything we wanted, but the vacation was completely non-stop.

I didn't want to make the mistake of a too-short trip again, so our second visit was 8-nights (Saturday to Sunday). That worked out pretty well.

Lately we've been going on Disney cruises, with WDW at both ends. Last year we did 4 nights at WDW, followed by a 4-night Disney cruise, followed by 4 nights at WDW. Next year it will be 3 nights at WDW, followed by a 7-night Disney cruise, followed by 3 nights at WDW.

We are doing 12 days this trip (the wife called for a wensday to Saturday trip and the confirmation it was till Sunday)we usually do 9 or 10

7 days is a good amount - MK needs 2-3 days, HS could be one day, AK could be one day, Epcot 2 days -- but it really depends on your traveling party. All adults could go all day and see a lot. In your case with kids who need breaks from the parks it would be best for 7 days -- 7 days will get you more FP to make planning that much easier.

We typically do 8-9 nights. Even then we don't do WDW justice, but we have three little kids and a disabled grandmother so we move slowly, very slowly. I would imagine most people could cover a lot more in that time frame.

I agree we have to fly so anything less than 5-6 nights isn't worth it.

Have to agree with the 9 nights/10 days crowd. Not counting arrival and departure day, that give us a rope drop day at each of the parks (WP included), a shopping day, and a day mid trip to get a massage (were BWV so usually the Mandra Spa). We prefer to be out at night so usually two nights in each park although this trip we may forgo a second Epcot night for a 3rd HS night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter