How many days away before you start packing?

We're 25 days out and our luggage is out, our list is made and a few items set aside. However can't pack much as we're going to the cottage weekend before we leave

I normally start about 10 weeks before (70ish days) with making my list. Around 8 weeks I take the suitcases out and start purchasing toiletries and also start packing clothes. That being said.... we normally go in November and I am able to pack our summer clothes but this year we are going mid September and we are currently wearing all of the clothes we will be bringing with us.

So....We are 26 days away. On day 30 I printed out our packing list, brought my suitcase up and grabbed the toiletries we aren't currently using and put them in there.
I had out itinerary cards made out on index cards since day 100. I always get a sheet of paper and write down Day 1,2,3,etc and look at my notecards to see exactly what we are planning to do and write down the exact outfit I plan to pack and wear for that day down to if I am wearing a sports bra or regular bra, sneakers or sandals. I did that on Day 30 (for myself but not my daughter yet). When it's time to pack I roll up the last days clothes and put in first so my first days clothes are on top.
I usually have everyting for my daughter and I packed neatly and in order and then my husband packs the night before we leave and rearranges everything and it looks like a tornado passed through it!

You mean that's not normal? I've still got about 7 months to go and already have alot of stuff packed and ready to go. I guess chalk it up to this being our first time going.

I usually start picking up stuff like travel toiletries and stuff a month or so before we travel. Then I start packing about two weeks before we leave, I'll just leave my luggage out on the guest room bed and throw stuff in as I see it/think about it. Then I get serious about packing everything about 3 days before we leave, making sure I have everything we need and use those last couple of days to keep double checking everything until we leave.

I usually start making the list of what needs to be packed 30 days out. But last summer found dresses for the girls on sale & thought, "This one perfect for Coral Reef and this one perfect for AK". So those outfits set aside over 300 days out... but who can pass up a sale on $5 dressess...

Ok after reading everyones posts I better get crackin :-)!!!! We are 34 days out :woohoo:!, doesn't seem possible this has been planned for over a year and now time is flying by. I see a Target run in my near future for our toiletries etc.... I cannot wait to be there it will be my first Flower and Garden at Epcot :flower1: You all got me motivated now to get packing!!!

We're a bit over a month out now and I've been packing here and there since February. Mostly it's new clothing I've purchased for vacation or odds and ends we specifically use on our disney vacations (ponchos, mister fans, water bottles with filters, etc). I've been meaning to print out our vacation essentials list (yep, with four kids, I keep one so I don't forget anything important like inhalers or nebulizers or medications) and I'll probably start on that about 2 weeks out. By a week prior to our vacation I will be done packing except last minute items like daily meds.

I think it depends on how many I'm packing for... When we travel as a family I start 30 days in advance, there is too much you can forget when you have to do it four times. Now for the two of us I will start packing today for our trip next Wednesday.

I start about a month ahead. I have a corner of my bedroom with some things layed out and just keep adding items every so often. It helps so I'm not going crazy the week prior to arrival.

Im about the same as OP....47 days away. I have been collecting things for months now but tonight I started going over things and packing! Just can't wait and I'm so excited so I got out all the luggage and started putting in things...imho it's never too early to pack for Disney! OP you are not alone in your Disney love!

I start making my list about 6 months out, that way I can identify things that need to be bought while still having plenty of time to do so without dipping into the vacation spending money. Around 2 months out, I start really gathering things up, and piling them on the bed in the guest room (where I do all the actual packing). About 2 weeks out is when the suitcases come out, and I begin slowly getting filled up with items, checking each thing off the list as it gets packed. I'm usually completely done packing 2-3 nights before departure date, leaving out only the things that will be needed during that time.

Im leaving next saturday!! Im so excited! I have all my outfits picked out for days at the park. Just need to pick up a few last min things. Ive already started planning/ organizing things for my second trip this year in Novemeber. I think packing is one of the most exciting parts!

I'm already wanting to start packing and we are a little under 5 months out!

I have a Amazon wish list/shopping list of things I might need to order when time comes (probably around late August/ Early September) which includes all sorts of things like packing cubes, toiletries, portable charges...etc.

Probably won't start packing clothes till the week of (we leave Saturday the 1st!) so that we have an idea of what to pack. I live in Arizona so I'm expecting Orlando to have similar weather (besides being a bit more humid)

So excited!

I start revising my to pack list around two months out - and obsessively tweak and recheck it.
I will have ideas in my head of what t-shirts I want to bring and what outfits to make with them.
I'll start making sure we have all our supplies a few weeks out - sunscreen, various face & body lotions etc.
I don't do any actual packing until the night before.

28 days out, suitcases arrived yesterday.

I will start a pile of everyone's stuff soon and start making sure we have everything on the list.

I won't actually start packing until the weekend before. We leave on a Wednesday.

28 days out, suitcases arrived yesterday.

I will start a pile of everyone's stuff soon and start making sure we have everything on the list.

I won't actually start packing until the weekend before. We leave on a Wednesday.

We must be down there at the same time! We leave on a Wednesday too! I have actually already started packing. I have two people to pack for, myself and my son. I think he can pack himself, but just to make sure he has everything, I do all of the packing. My mom packs herself and she hasn't even started yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!