How many days at Universal? 3 or 4?

Thanks for the replies everyone. I decided to go with 4 days staying at RPH at Universal, and 6 (possibly 7 depending on flights) at Disney. If we go with that then we will still be under budget, which is great.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I decided to go with 4 days staying at RPH at Universal, and 6 (possibly 7 depending on flights) at Disney. If we go with that then we will still be under budget, which is great.

I'd advise doing the Disney part first.

Doing 4 days at Universal first will make the Disney days painful.

We're going Sunday-Thursday next week arriving with plenty of time to have fun on Sunday. So three full days but then one almost full day (I don't count the day we leave). We want plenty of time for the pool and no rushing around.

We're going to Universal next year and I'm trying to figure out how many days we should visit both Universal parks and Volcano Bay. Before I was thinking 4 days with 1 day at Volcano Bay, 1 day at US, 1 day at IOA and 1 day just to explore Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley since my husband is a huge Harry Potter fan.

However, the more I started doing research, the more I'm leaning towards only spending 3 days at Universal since I don't really think we'll want to do alot there. We aren't nightlife people so Citywalk doesn't appeal to us. The parades don't look that good, and the fireworks look kind of boring to me too. Not to mention that spending one less night there would save us around $300 since my husband wants to stay at one of the premier hotels so that we get the express pass.

Based on your personal experiences do you think the main two parks can be done in two days with express passes or do you think I should try to go for a full 3 days at them?
Good Evening! It all depend on when you are going. We went in May and Express Passes were barely needed but still appreciated. I certainly felt personally that 2 days are enough, 1 for each park and then your 3rd day being Volcano Bay! My vote says there is no need for 3 days in the park. We stayed at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort for the location and the passes and it was the best!! You'll love Universal but there is not enough in my opinion to warrant a 3rd day.

Everyone tours the parks in different ways so difficult to tell you if 3 days will be the best way for the 3 parks

I have 4 different friends that spend at least one half of their park days in the potter sections
They cover all the live shows and each shop + rides there

For me, I do the potter rides and go to the ice cream shop and hit the main restaurants in them
Then I move on to the rest of the park

I enjoy my time there but can cover what I like to do there in a couple of hours

If your husband is a potter fan, a few hours won't be enough

If you check out the website and decide what rides, shows, entertainment you want to do each day, you can cover a lot
Just plan ahead for the must do items on your list

Two days for the 2 parks can work out
as long as you are not going in the summer months

Be aware that rides can go down and you can either wait in the line or return to it later that day

When a ride goes down near closing, don't count on it being back in service that night

Sometimes planning for four days in the park works well
It gives you plenty of time to redo rides or do the parks at a slower pace

We all do the parks differently

Go with whatever works best for your family

Everyone tours the parks in different ways so difficult to tell you if 3 days will be the best way for the 3 parks

I have 4 different friends that spend at least one half of their park days in the potter sections
They cover all the live shows and each shop + rides there

For me, I do the potter rides and go to the ice cream shop and hit the main restaurants in them
Then I move on to the rest of the park

I enjoy my time there but can cover what I like to do there in a couple of hours

If your husband is a potter fan, a few hours won't be enough

If you check out the website and decide what rides, shows, entertainment you want to do each day, you can cover a lot
Just plan ahead for the must do items on your list

Two days for the 2 parks can work out
as long as you are not going in the summer months

Be aware that rides can go down and you can either wait in the line or return to it later that day

When a ride goes down near closing, don't count on it being back in service that night

Sometimes planning for four days in the park works well
It gives you plenty of time to redo rides or do the parks at a slower pace

We all do the parks differently

Go with whatever works best for your family

Absolutely...........I couldn't imagine only spending 3 days at Universal.........

It's easy to spend a week and longer and not be bored there........we never are!

We usually do three days. Staying onsite, we leave at lunch and spend time at the resort and then back to the parks.
If we were adding in Volcano Bay, I'd need a fourth day.

I think 4 would be nice with Volcano Bay. I think you'd be fine to cover everything in 3 days though but probably not have as much time to redo rides you like. Usually I take 2 days exploring the parks and the the 3rd day is usually more of a half day jsut hiting stuff we want to do once more before leaving. Though I do all that without express pass so if you have that 2 days for the parks might be plenty. Can't say how much time you'll need for Volcano Bay though.
There is a lot to do there outside of the bar scene as well so more time coudl be nice for that stuff. City Walk has a lot fo nice restaurants and a couple mini golf courses if you like those. There is also a lot aroudn the resorts to with different pools, Cabana Bay has a lazy river as wel and bowling alley. Disney isn't too far either so can walk around Disney Springs which is really nice and lots o cool shops to walk around and restaurants along with other things to do there. You'd have no trouble filling up 4 days easily. But if you really want to save teh cash you coudl cover allt eh basics in 3 days most likely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter