How many cruisers bring a cooler onboard???

We take a rolling cooler on many trips. We use it as our carry on luggage as if it were a suitcase. When we get to our room then we unload it and we have a cooler until we go home.

gemjoy - you only have to pay if you want bottled water delivered to your stateroom. There is unlimited free filtered water available 24/7 at the Deck 9 beverage station. So, if you like have a large water cup, you can just bring one with you and refill it. Or you can just use the smaller paper cups they provide at the beverage station. For leaving the ship, you could always bring a larger water bottle with you and refill it for excursions etc. You definitely do not HAVE to buy water for your room but it is an option.

Just got back last night. We took a DVC cooler onboard (it's the same as the DCL cooler you can buy..and we bought one of those too. Don't know why, though). I had a medical form sent a few months before the cruise so no one said anything. We had Propel water in ours and a soda or two. They had soy milk on board for DD and we took Propel because it's the only water my DD's will drink. Room service will leave a card asking how many times a day you would like ice delivered. IMHO, I wouldn't take a huge cooler unless it's beer or a special brand you want because it takes up alot of room. The "beverage cooler" in the room is a joke. I wouldn't use it for drinks.

Our family drinks ALOT of water - not much of anything else. We would always get a pitcher of ice water delivered with our room service breakfast and any other room service. We would keep it in fridge and then would have it when we were in the room (it comes covered with plastic wrap). The others are correct in that the fridge doesn't really cool things off, but with the water already being really cold it stayed just fine. Other times we would have our big insulated mug to fill at the drink station for while at the pool, etc. (Of course, it's a "Gator" mug - shame they don't offer Gatorade!)

We always take beer and Pepsi - just put it in a rolling bag and the luggage handlers always take it from us when we get to port and it goes straight to the room. I even tried to take it with me but they just smile and say no problem.

I also pack a collapsable cooler for the room and the cabin steward always keeps it full of ice.

I usually pack a small rolling suitcase with cans of soda and bottled water. Now I have a rolling cooler, so I will use that instead. I do not drink coffee, so I prefer having a Diet Coke in the morning and we like having bottled water to take with us on excursions.

We found the little fridge in our cabin did just fine when it came to keeping things cold (soda). :sunny:

Does this cooler leak at all? I thought someone said they lined theirs with a bag? I don't want to have to line my cooler if I get this one? I am debating whether to get a disney cooler or just get one from Walmart. Thanks!

I find that extra luggage adds to the stress of a trip and don't think its worth the hassle.

I drink bottled water at home, but on board found the water at the drink station to be a good substitute. I did take a few bottles in my carryon and saved the empties to fill for free.

The first cruise we took a box of wine but did not drink it. We found the drink specials to be a good deal, especially the two for ones, and would buy a glass of wine with dinner. We would rather travel light and buy a drink or two a day as we feel like it.

We got our soft-sided cooler from Walmart. It's worked well for two cruises. It folds flat when not in use. When we go onshore, we fill two gallon size zip loc bags with ice, put those in the cooler along with our drinks. By doing this, the cooler stays clean and we can use the ice for our drinks. :p :p :p :p :p

HI,
1) Why does DCL say you can NOT bring a cooler on board with personal drinks/snacks BUT everyone does without any problem at all?

2) Is this so that people who don't read our wonderful board don't bring a cooler and that way there aren't as many people doing it?

3) Do people roll their coolers around on the ship, like to the pool and just sit in a chair and pull out a beer or pop when they feel the need of a drink?

4) Are the cups that are available at the drink station on deck 9, plastic, or paper?

5) Anyone have a picture of the drink station?

6) Would it be a good idea to bring your own Large Plastic Cup to use when you are just sitting by the pool instead of using a smaller cup that is provided at the drink stationn?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!