How many carry ons?

DISNEYGATOR

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>Jumps on bandwago
You'd think this was my first cruise :)

How many carry ons can I bring.. On my past two cruises I just brought one.. But can I bring more if I wanted. My toiletries are in this cool everything bag about the size of a purse.. Would I be able to carry that on along with another carry on, about the size of a small gym bag?

I wouldn't think that this would be a problem. We usually have three carry-ons between the two of us. I think if you can carry it on the ship, then it's OK. It's not like on an airplane where there is a limit to how much carry-on luggage can be stored.

Your carry-ons do need to fit through airport-style x-ray machines. I think there actually is an official limit but I have not seen anyone stopped for too many carry-ons. Three bags for two of you should be fine. :)

I was thinking about this the other day. If we board with three carryons, (we will board as early as possible) Will then be dragging these things around, like the ressie-rush, and the Mickey pool, until we go to our stateroom when it is available?

How soon can you really go to your stateroom?

Thanks!

They usually tell you the rooms won't be ready until 1:30 or so. However, we have gone to the room before this and have been able to drop our carry-ons there. On our first cruise, we had a couple of somewhat large carry-ons that we wanted to get rid of. We found our room and the room steward was still working on it, but he said we could leave our stuff there. Since then, we've gone a bit smaller, two backpacks and my wife's purse is usually it. It's easier to get around the ship than with one of those wheeled carry-ons.

The official word from DCL is you are allowed two carry ons with one being a purse or briefcase. I know we took more than that on our first cruise. I don't think they care as long as it goes through the x-ray machine, because you are responsible for lugging it around.:jester:

I've read in other threads that people bring wine and beverages in their carryons. I would think this would make them big, heavy and desireable to drop somewhere. I had intended to bring some beverages but often wondered about having to "lug them" around before the room was ready. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by PAGirl
I've read in other threads that people bring wine and beverages in their carryons. I would think this would make them big, heavy and desireable to drop somewhere. I had intended to bring some beverages but often wondered about having to "lug them" around before the room was ready. Any thoughts?

I no longer bother bringing drinks on board for this reason. The relative savings is not worth it to me to have to lug this stuff around. I used to bring a 12-pack of beer and a 12-pack of ginger ale, which gets heavy after a short while. I like to be able to move easily. I'll check a bag that I could probably carry on to an airplane just so I don't have to lug it around the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter