how long will sit down meal take?

lovetoscrap

Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there.
How much time should we plan for a Disney sit down meal? We are not planning to linger over dessert and coffee but just need to schedule PS to still make other evening events.

For instance: Would a 6:00 PS at Brown Derby allow enough time to eat and still line up at Fantasmic around 7:30? (please don't suggest the dinner pkg, we are not interested in it!)

lovetoscrap, that's about how much time I've planned for sit down meals, 1.5 hours. Some sit down breakfasts, I've allotted one hour, but then again there are only two of us adults.

Q

Does Fantasmic start at 7:30 the night you're thinking about? If it does, then absolutely not. You'll need to be in line by at least 6:30 then, and if you're going over the summer, most people recommend being on line 90 minutes before show time. If the show you're trying to make is at 9:00, then you should be fine. If you're getting all three courses, appetizer, dinner and then a desert, you might be pushing it with only an hour and a half. If you're just getting entree's then you'll be fine.

Fantasmic is supposed to be at 8:30 and so I was planning to line up at 7:30. We are going the last week of April so hopefully things will be a little slower.

I would make the PS for either 5 or 5:30, because you may not be seated on time, if you wait later. I would allow no less than 1 -11/2 hours for dinner, itself. You may want to line up for Fantasmic by 7 pm!

lovetoscrap:
If you are actually seated at 6:00, you should be thru in plenty of time to get in line at 7:30. The Derby is pretty busy these days, but I think the restaurant is aware that many people are anxious to "eat and run" so they can do Fantasmic.

It depends on where you are eating. The average sit down park meal can take as little as 45 minutes and as long as 1.5 hours. Conversely a dit down dinner at Citrico's or Jiko can take anywhere from an hour to over two.

Keep in mind that some of the restaurants get REALLY busy before Fantasmic, and those with the package are pushed through first. So I would plan on making an early PS just in case. A few trips back we saw a very bad situation with Fantasmic--we were at Mama Melroses, and they were so backed up that a LOT of people with Fantasmic packages wreen't able to be seated in time to finish and see the show. They were giving a lot of people either refunds or vouchers to come back another day, or even preparing the food and wrapping the entire meal to go.

Anne

Allow a good 1-½ hours to lineup for Fantasmic if you are looking for a great seat. At the very least show up a ½ hour before your PS time, just in case things are hectic the night you are there.

We want to sit in the back--I have a small child that I am not sure will enjoy it, and may need to leave quickly. Do people fill in the seats from front to back or just sit all over? What are the "great seats"?

If you get there late you will be sitting on the far left of the arena, and it may be difficult to make a hasty exit. I would definitely get there 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours early to line up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter