How long to get to MK from parking?

nikkimc

Earning My Ears
Once we park at Disney, how long does it take to get to MK from the parking lot? It's been 3 years since we were there and I don't remember. We are staying only about 5 minutes from Disney, so can get parked quick. We have a 8:15 resv at CP, so wondering what time we should get parked by. Thank you!

We drove this past Nov. when we went and parked in the first few rows, walked to the TTC and were at the MK gate in about 15 minutes each time. Sometimes we did the monorail, sometimes the ferry. We have reservations for CP for 8:25 this Sat. and I plan on getting to the parking lot by 7:30 since its a Saturday and a holiday weekend and MK opens at 8.
I would say have your car parked by 7:30 (7:45 at the latest) to allow time for monorail or ferry mishaps, murphy's law and all. :)

Once we park at Disney, how long does it take to get to MK from the parking lot? It's been 3 years since we were there and I don't remember. We are staying only about 5 minutes from Disney, so can get parked quick. We have a 8:15 resv at CP, so wondering what time we should get parked by. Thank you!

I'd build in a "safety factor" (as was said) and make sure to be parked at least 30 minutes before you want to be standing at the MK entrance.

(If it's a particularly busy time, add 15-20 additional minutes to the pad.)

I would figure that parking should be fairly close to the TTC at that hour (no tram) so allow about 15 minutes from the time you are in a parking space to the monorail platform. (Note at that time neither the Ferry nor the Express train will be running.) You may have as much as a 20 minute wait. The Resort Monorail will be stopping at the Poly and GF entoute, so it will be another 20 minutes until you get off the monorail. And then allow about 15 minutes to get through Security the special gate for people with reservations, and walking to CP. So to be safe for an 8:15 reservation I would think you would need to be at the parking lot entrance no later than 7:00.

I would figure that parking should be fairly close to the TTC at that hour (no tram) so allow about 15 minutes from the time you are in a parking space to the monorail platform. (Note at that time neither the Ferry nor the Express train will be running.) You may have as much as a 20 minute wait. The Resort Monorail will be stopping at the Poly and GF entoute, so it will be another 20 minutes until you get off the monorail. And then allow about 15 minutes to get through Security the special gate for people with reservations, and walking to CP. So to be safe for an 8:15 reservation I would think you would need to be at the parking lot entrance no later than 7:00.

So if I have an 8am appointment at BBB, would getting parked by 7am still be early enough?

I'd build in a "safety factor" (as was said) and make sure to be parked at least 30 minutes before you want to be standing at the MK entrance.(If it's a particularly busy time, add 15-20 additional minutes to the pad.)

Thats a reasonable buffer! You have to account for a possible monorail delay and plus you don't want to be running down mainstreet to make your ADR. It's nice to leisurely stroll down mainstreet and snap some pics when hardly anyone is around. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter