How long is your AK day?

Our trips vary so much, I couldn't say that we stick to just one amount of time in AK. It always used to close at 5/6pm, so there was no evening option. It also depends a bit on the weather.

In general, we stay in all the parks just as long as we feel happy being there. If we need a break, we leave and maybe return for the night hours. Other times, we go all day. AK now has some fun stuff to see after dark, so I suggest trying to see it. Either stay all day or plan to return if you feel up to it.

I suggest assessing your energy level about 2pm. To take a break AND return for the PM stuff- you need at LEAST a 3 hour window, maybe longer. Your transit might be less than an hour each way, but that's a rough estimate of how much time you should allow each way, and you'll want your break to last at least an hour, so =3 hours.

Another fun option is an ADR at AKL's Boma or Sanaa one night. AKL's lobby is very nice, and it is fun to go out and see the animals before or after dinner without having to tax yourself too much. Plus, the food's great.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter