• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long for DLP?

slpeters

DIS Veteran
So my husband and I are thinking we would like to visit DLP. We visited Paris for a week three or four years ago. It was before I had ever visited a Disney park so it never even occurred to me to visit DLP. We're looking at going back and this time I would like to visit Disney. We generally travel for about a week. We're coming from the States so we need pretty much a full travel day on either end and probably wouldn't count that towards the week so overall it may be as long as a 10 day trip. We've been to WDW and by the time we go to DLP will have been to DLR. We've also been to Paris itself so the whole trip will be a matter of finding a few new things and re-experiencing some old favorites. Given all that, how long would people suggest we spend at DLP? I've seen several people suggest that a day is sufficient but I can't imagine that would be the case for us--for point of reference we are going to DLR for the holiday season this year and will have five days park tickets. On the other hand I think we find Paris significantly more interesting than we find Los Angeles. I was thinking maybe three days? or would that be overkill? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

That sounds good, We did almost 2 days and saw just about everything in both parks we wanted and that includes the time spent eating 3 out of 4 lunches and dinners at TS but we don’t really do thrill rides.

Advice can really differ per trip and per person. If you have very limited vacation time, it's a once-in-a-lifetime trip and there is so much to see and do in Paris and region, sometimes people have to settle for 1 day. And in 1 day you can see most of the highlights.
Also, how much of a Disney fan are you. If you are a casual fan who just enjoys a Disney Park like 'an average themepark', to have a fun day out with the family, then 1 day can be enough. If you are really into all the details of the theming, and you want to experience it all, then 1 day is not nearly enough.

And like Cynbeth says, not doing thrill rides can save you time to do more table service (or something else), as those queues can take a lot of your time.

With 3 days you should have plenty of time to do all the highlights, see the shows and repeat favourites. Depending on the time of year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter