• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How long does this event last? "Vacation As You Wish" Event

edk35

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of signing up for a 3:00 session on our arrival day July 21st when we are staying at the Poly for those two days. Just curious as to how long we might be there. Thanks :goodvibes

Thanks do you think kids ages 18, 15 and 10 will be bored during this presentation? I know they want to take the tour but don't know if the 15 and 10 year old will want to bail later. thanks

Can't answer that for you. We are scheduled to attend at 3pm on 7/12. The confirmation gave the length of the event.

Thanks do you think kids ages 18, 15 and 10 will be bored during this presentation? I know they want to take the tour but don't know if the 15 and 10 year old will want to bail later. thanks
Depends on the kids, my 14 year old niece had a blast as she danced her heart out during the party, but my 16 year olds were ready to bail. They loved the tour though.

So what do you do at this event besides listen to them try and sell you another contract? I know you tour the new rooms but anything else? I would love to go but not sure if my fam will want to go or not.....I would love to win some freebies if they give them away. Can anyone give me some details? Thanks so much!

And edk35--we will be there the same time as you! If we go to the presentation, maybe we'll see you there! :thumbsup2

So what do you do at this event besides listen to them try and sell you another contract? I know you tour the new rooms but anything else? I would love to go but not sure if my fam will want to go or not.....I would love to win some freebies if they give them away. Can anyone give me some details? Thanks so much!

And edk35--we will be there the same time as you! If we go to the presentation, maybe we'll see you there! :thumbsup2

HI there. Yes we are going and I have a feeling our 15 and 10 year old will bail for the pool at Poly. We are there for 2 nights before moving over to BCV. Our daughter 18 will enjoy going to this.

Our DS19 went to the presentation, but not unusually he had more wisecracks than real interest. They have a place set up for the younger ones to play video games, etc. and that is where our other two went. There are many "prizes" given out to everyone during the presentation (small but pretty good DVC stuff....leather luggage tags, etc.) and then a single 7-day trip from the Passport collection in a door-prize drawing at the end.

After the presentation, everyone goes into another room where they have finger foods, a DJ and dance floor, and all of the main Disney Characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc.) for meet and pictures. You can go get any younger kids to join you for this part. This is to keep you entertained while you are waiting for your group to go on the actual BLT tour (large group broken into about 20 smaller groups since all can't tour at the same time.....the earlier you arrive, the lower your group number and sooner you tour)

Make sure the kids go on the tour and you also meet with a DVC agent (no pressure and just answer any questions, although they hope you are going to add on of course) so everyone gets the FPs to use when you return to the parks. We were there at night, so we got to view Wishes from the top floor observation deck of BLT, but we were late arriving so we were one of the last groups to tour.

Thank you! Very good information. My hubby was wondering what to do with the kiddos while we're listening, our kids are not old enough to go back to the resort by themselves yet. Looking forward to it!

The confirmation says you need to arrive prior to the time to register.

hi...where is more information on this? Where do you sign up? Is this for a specific time period?

We were there last night and put the kids in the clubhouse. I wish we had not, they would have enjoyed the singing quartet, which was quite entertaining. We were in group 7 to be called up for the BLT tour. Another group of about 10 people decided to hide their sticker with their group number on it and say they were in group 7 so they did not have to wait so long for their number to be called. That made our group about double the size it should have been which made it very difficult to move around the grand villa. I thought that was quite rude. The DVC sales reps did not challenge them and just let them join our group based on their word that they were in group 7 but misplaced their #7 badges.

BLT was awesome, Can't wait to stay there. I think we would like a lake view, the MK view is a parking lot view most of the time and only nice for a few hours at night. If you are staying on the lake, you can enjoy the peace of the water view and use the bridge or top of the world view for the fireworks or MK view in the evening. The Electric Parade view was very nice from BLT!

They keep saying two hours... but.
I did it Thursday.

"Sales presentation" is about 90 minutes and then you go to the dance party and WAIT for your tour. I was in group 9 and I could tell it was going to be another hour based on the "Speed" they move. Luckily a guide saw me and since I was alone moved me to group 7. It started at 3 and I left at around 6. And there were LOTS of groups to tour behind me....

So they take you according to when you arrive to the event. What time did everyone arrive that were in group 7, 9 etc?

We have a 3pm and it's arrival day and we have dinner at 7 so I'd rather be closer to 2 than 3 hours so we can actually get to our room for a few minutes prior to dinner.

So they take you according to when you arrive to the event. What time did everyone arrive that were in group 7, 9 etc?

We have a 3pm and it's arrival day and we have dinner at 7 so I'd rather be closer to 2 than 3 hours so we can actually get to our room for a few minutes prior to dinner.

Hey we are in the same boat too. Our tour is on the 21st at 3:00. We are arriving MCO at 12:05...car service is picking us up. We will be at the Poly for two nights so we can hop the monorail over to CR however.....if our flights is delayed we will not make that 3:00 time. Plus we will be starving so would like to grab a bite at the counter service place at Poly first. That might not happen either. Now I am starting to 2nd guess this time. UGH

Hey we are in the same boat too. Our tour is on the 21st at 3:00. We are arriving MCO at 12:05...car service is picking us up. We will be at the Poly for two nights so we can hop the monorail over to CR however.....if our flights is delayed we will not make that 3:00 time. Plus we will be starving so would like to grab a bite at the counter service place at Poly first. That might not happen either. Now I am starting to 2nd guess this time. UGH

Just change it. I went back to my email and booked another day as the day I choose was not working well. After I got my confirmation email, I went back to the first confirmation email and cancelled the first reservation.

Just change it. I went back to my email and booked another day as the day I choose was not working well. After I got my confirmation email, I went back to the first confirmation email and cancelled the first reservation.

Nope. edk35 is NOT allowed to change it :rolleyes1 My family has already canceled the session we had reserved & switched so that we could go with her family. (We're vacationing the same week as them and our families are friends). The kids are all looking forward to it. :woohoo:

NO switching Denise ;) You'll make that 3pm time.

We did it today. The 9am session.
It took about 3.5 hours.

We were group #13, and since we had decided to buy points at BLT, we ate some snacks after the presentation and then they took us up to a sales person before the tour.

After we finished the paper work then we joined a group that was going on the tour. It was group 12, so we didn't add any extra time to the tour.

The Grand Villa is amazing and the View Lounge is spectacular.

200 points more points! Woot! :yay:

Cindy K

We're going on the 21st at 7pm. We attended a similar event at Doorway to Dreams in Feb, but I thought it would be nice to see the actual resort instead of just a model room. I bet the views are amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter