How Long Does it Take?

Under an hour, unless my DD puts on make-up. No offense meant to the cosmetic community, but it takes time for my DD to look that beautiful apparently. For the record, she looks great without the cosmetics but my opinion does not carry weight apparently.

As a guy who solo travels, usually 30 minutes. I shower every morning, even if I did the night before after being sweaty in the parks all day. So 20 minutes to wake up, let the shower get warm, get in and out, and dry off. Then a few minutes to drink some water, get dressed, pack my bag and leave.

I am just wondering how long it takes you to get ready to go out to the parks. I know it is different for men and women but in general how long does it take you from the time you wake up until you are headed to the park. This would include getting something to eat, if that is what you do before going to the park. I wont mention how long it takes us, until i see some responses.

Thanks
OK, let’s see. From DW and I waking up (me earlier than her) anything from one to two hours or even more. DW has a disabled placard and uses an ECV and she’s not as quick as me. Plus we both like to eat a proper breakfast - a decent buffet offering if staying onsite and we don’t have to stop for lunch, only caffeine and water replenishment, and can keep going until fatigue brings us to a gentle halt… 😊

We normally stay offsite in a villa, though, so breakfast in the villa before we go out or at one of the restaurants around the 192 is more usual… And we always hire a car so we have our own transportation (see note re ECV above - we would hate to have to rely on the buses as we’ve only ever stayed onsite at AKL/JH plus the buffet at Boma was the best).

We‘ve never done a rope drop in all our visits!

It takes my husband about an hour. I am usually up long before him so by the time he awakes I've already had coffee, etc. When he pops in the shower I do vanity area stuff and grab the clothes. While he's in the vanity area I dress and by the time I make the bed, he's dressed and out we go.

Well, 2 grown men here....and we're talking 45 mins tops....we shower every evening...whether at the parks or not, and we both shower in the mornings....he has coffee, while I grab a diet coke, takes him about 15 mins to shower, and while he does that, I pick out the clothes and lay them out, make sure our bands are ready, load water bottles onto our carabiner holders, wallets, etc....then while I shower, he dresses and has his coffee.....I shower in 15 mins, and then get dressed and grab my diet coke on the way out.....just like every day while home....it's the routine... :)

Last edited:
Typically about 15 minutes until I'm out the door. Then I get breakfast before I head to the parks. So I usually wake up about 45 minutes before I want to be standing in line for a bus/skyliner/monorail whatever.

I am an early bird, but I tend to set my alarm for about 90 minutes before I want to be leaving the resort for the parks when traveling with my sister. She had complex medical issues and some days are harder for her than others. Good days, we can be on our way within 45-60 minutes and others take the full time or more.

If I am traveling solo, I usually take my time, but can be out the door with breakfast bar/muffin in hand within 20 minutes and eating that on my way to transportation tot he parks.

We shower at night because I can't imagine going to bed after sweating all day with the sunblock, dirt, and germs. I just can't sleep being that dirty and it grosses me out. So we are halfway ready to go when we wake up. It only takes us about 20-30 minutes and then we get some food when we get to the parks.

We are a family of 5 and I am the only morning person, so it takes about 2 hours from the time I get up until everyone is ready to leave. I get ready in 30-45 minutes, and no one moves a muscle until I go make them get out of bed. Pre-covid, we would never rope drop, but without fastpasses we did it a few times on our last trip. Teenagers - they will complain if I make them get out of be super early and will also complain if we get to the parks and all the lines are long, so I take the complaints about getting up early and get on more rides:)

ETA: When my husband and I go on trips of our own, it is max 1 hour. We tend to allow time to enjoy a coffee and eat before we head out.

For just myself, 15-20 min. I shower at night. No makeup bc I'm just gonna sweat it off. I have super curly hair so I just throw it up in a bun, bc regardless, it's gonna look like crap 15 min out in the humidity. For everyone else tho.... Good grief.. An hour or so to get myself, then 10&7 and DH up, dressed, ready and out the door.

The fastest we (DH & I) can make it without stress is ~25-30 minutes, so long as we've showered & prepped everything the night before to minimize any decision-making before morning coffee. :confused: ☕ DH is alert and clear-thinking early in the morning and I'm not, being more of an evening person. So I plan & prep everything possible before bed - our backpack, breakfast grab, coffee pot, my clothing choices, etc.

DH wakes me, starts the coffee, shaves, gets dressed, and gets our grab-and-go breakfast ready. :lovestruc (Love my man!) I just wander through my morning brain fog to wash up, apply moisturizer & sunscreen (no make-up), and get dressed.
It's all a thousand times easier than whenever we've had kids to wrangle & coordinate. :mickeyjum:goofy: :tigger: Just add an hour or there will be tears.
And we don't want to start our vacation days with tears! :sad2: :love:

DH loves it when I make a big breakfast spread on Saturdays at home. Sometimes when we're vacationing in a timeshare condo, he wants that kind of relaxed breakfast so long as we're not trying to be somewhere early (like rope-drop). On those days, it's about 1.5 hours before we can be out the door without stressing (~2 hours, if we're having a big breakfast for a crowd).

Last edited:
I am just wondering how long it takes you to get ready to go out to the parks. I know it is different for men and women but in general how long does it take you from the time you wake up until you are headed to the park. This would include getting something to eat, if that is what you do before going to the park. I wont mention how long it takes us, until i see some responses.

Thanks
It takes me about 1/2 an hour from wake up to ready. For my spouse, about an hour. Usually in the mornings we skip breakfast and have grabbed a banana and yogurt or a bakery or pastry item from the night before. This gets us ready faster and more importantly, we're ready for lunch before the crunch hits.

It depends on so many things! Generally, we've showered the night before to get that day's park sweat off, and we all have either short hair or put up in a clip hair. Breakfast is usually something from the fridge we can just grab and eat on the way to the bus stop. We pack our park bag with water, snacks, hats, extra sunscreen/lip balm, and weather gear the night before and set it by our lanyards or MBs.

This just leaves brushing teeth, getting dressed, and putting on the first layer of sunscreen. So, now it depends on whether we have a villa with 2 bathrooms or if the family is sharing one bathroom. Basically, we're 30-60 minutes in the morning IF we basically got ready as much as possible the night before. YMMV

Anywhere from 20 minutes to two hours. Really depends on the day plan and who I am traveling with.

Traveling solo with a plan the night before - I'm up and out in 20 minutes. Sometimes I just crash at night and if I need to shower, eat breakfast, and re-pack the park bag in the morning - I might opt to take as long as hour - though I can do all that in about 30-35 with rushing.
Traveling with my partner - probably 40-60 minutes because there's always breakfast in the room and we are typically sharing one bathroom/one sink. Though - we can make it in less if we really wanted to - we could both be out in 20 minutes.
Traveling with my extended family - two hours is not unusual. Drives me absolutely insane because they will never start to get ready before me - so I am always waiting for them.

Shower at night, no way I could sleep otherwise! Teeth, hair pulled back, dressed, coffee and on my way in half hour or less!

We shower at night because I can't imagine going to bed after sweating all day with the sunblock, dirt, and germs. I just can't sleep being that dirty and it grosses me out. So we are halfway ready to go when we wake up. It only takes us about 20-30 minutes and then we get some food when we get to the parks.

This! I am shocked at how many shower in the morning unless maybe they do both? One to clean up before bed and one to wake up? I hope so!

As a solo male traveler about 3 hours. :rotfl2::rotfl2: I do have some unusual circumstances. I'm a paraplegic who can't feel or move anything below my sternum. So a large amount of those 3 hours is taking care of things that most of you can handle in a few minutes. Add to this that I'm a night owl and at WDW I go to bed early around midnight instead of my normal 2:00 AM time. So I'm usually entering the parks around noon.

You don't want to know. :rotfl:
I've kind of adopted a DVC mindset lately where I go every couple months, so I don't need to do everything each trip now. I did it on the last trip, or the last 2 trips, I can skip it this time. I'm usually having breakfast at the resort at park open. An hour later I'm looking at my phone going "I should probably get going soon." Ya know, give the crowds a chance to thin out so there's minimal waiting for transportation.
I'll tell you what though, I do make sure to get to the park before my lunch reservation.

oh! Fun topic. Family of 5. I always get a a suite with TWO bathrooms. At DIsney. we always shower before we go to bed...no matter what time we get back. I get everything ready before I sleep ... unpack and re-pack bag, make sure electronics are charging etc. In the morning, DH and I get up about 45 minutes before we leave, use separate bathrooms, then wake up the kids ...2 of them 30 minutes before, last one about 20 minutes before.

At universal, we get one room at the Hard Rock, so one bathroom. The boys SPRINT back to the room. The winner gets first shower. They are always finished before me, hubby and daughter get to the room. I wish WDW had hotels that close to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter