How long do you keep your reservation records?

KelNottAt

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I've got a boat load of old reservation confirmations and notes (date and time of calls, CM's name, details of transactions, etc) from past DVC trips. Trips we took, trips we gifted, trips we canceled.

How long should I keep these records? I'd love to dump them...they're really starting to make my (formerly orderly) DVC folder bulge. But, something is making me hold on to them in case there's ever a dispute about my points usage.

So, what do you do?

I have always kept mine for a year but now that you can track your points, past trips and future trips on line at the DVC Member site, keeping your records for a long time isn't as important as it once was IMHO.

HBC

As long as DVC's point data matches with mine, I dump the confirmation forms after each vacation. Now that I can check my points online, I feel pretty secure in doing this.

I dump the hard copy directly after the trip. I do have all my transactions listed in a spreadsheet, just in case I ever need them.

I throw them away as soon as the trip is over - actually I sometimes throw them away AT WDW, if I'm cleaning out my pocketbook or my backpack. Just don't need any information from it anymore!!!!

I'll have to say, though, I don't save very much at all - no cancelled checks, no utility bills, no old bank statements, etc. All of that gets shredded immediately - I have very little paperwork filed. If I can easily think of the person or institution I could get it from if I ever needed it, then out it goes!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter