How likely is early check in?

Our room has been ready early about 50% of the time. It's a pleasant surprise when it is ready, but I never expect it. We stayed at AKL a couple years ago and we got the text message at 9am that our room was ready, but we weren't arriving until after midnight. That was a long day! But it was a split stay and we didn't get our room at POR until almost 3pm. Then after our cruise, same thing at POFQ, no room until about 3. It really varies. But I always put room requests in and usually have them granted. I am a little picky about my room location and that is more important to me than having my room early.

Our room has been ready early about 50% of the time. It's a pleasant surprise when it is ready, but I never expect it. We stayed at AKL a couple years ago and we got the text message at 9am that our room was ready, but we weren't arriving until after midnight. That was a long day! But it was a split stay and we didn't get our room at POR until almost 3pm. Then after our cruise, same thing at POFQ, no room until about 3. It really varies. But I always put room requests in and usually have them granted. I am a little picky about my room location and that is more important to me than having my room early.
Normally I’m the same way (wanting location vs. early check in) but I’m hoping to get a nap in so we can do the Halloween party that night. It would just be nice to free up another day and not have to do the party on Sunday.

But it was a split stay and we didn't get our room at POR until almost 3pm. Then after our cruise, same thing at POFQ, no room until about 3.
Just to be clear if any future readers of this thread: this is normal. Getting into a hotel room early is nice, but not guaranteed. It's never a good idea to expect early access. Check in time starts at 3 for regular resorts, 4 for DVC.

We currently have a flight coming into Orlando at 8:30 Pm. We could switch our flight to come in at 9 am but I don’t want to sit around the hotel tired waiting for a room. Is it likely to get early check in?

Our main reason for switching to the morning flight is to gain a day of activities by going to the Halloween party that night but I would want a place to nap before the party.

We ALWAYS come in early (9:30 am early) and we get our room right away. I've never, not once, waited. I am happy to wait while the CM at the desk checks for rooms, calls Mousekeeping, and I'm always flexible.

I think as long as you're flexible, you'll be okay.

We ALWAYS come in early (9:30 am early) and we get our room right away. I've never, not once, waited. I am happy to wait while the CM at the desk checks for rooms, calls Mousekeeping, and I'm always flexible.

I think as long as you're flexible, you'll be okay.
Well that's great to hear! I'm not going to go into it expecting a room to be ready, just in case, but it's good to know that it's very possible if we are flexible. The only thing we want is a refurbished room and by late October I imagine a vast majority of Pop will be done.

We’ve had pretty good luck with getting a room regardless of arrival time. (We also don’t have specific room requests) I usually do a dining reservation at our hotel around our arrival time just in case though. Even if your room isn’t ready you can always store your bags and still go into the parks too!

We’ve had pretty good luck with getting a room regardless of arrival time. (We also don’t have specific room requests) I usually do a dining reservation at our hotel around our arrival time just in case though. Even if your room isn’t ready you can always store your bags and still go into the parks too!
We’ll be at Pop so won’t have to do any dining reservations. We will probably sit by the pool or in the food court. We won’t be going to the parks because we don’t want to add another ticket.

Just to be clear if any future readers of this thread: this is normal. Getting into a hotel room early is nice, but not guaranteed. It's never a good idea to expect early access. Check in time starts at 3 for regular resorts, 4 for DVC.

I never said it wasn’t normal. I said for me it has happened about 50% of the time. The OP asked what the chances are and that has been my experience.

Well that's great to hear! I'm not going to go into it expecting a room to be ready, just in case, but it's good to know that it's very possible if we are flexible. The only thing we want is a refurbished room and by late October I imagine a vast majority of Pop will be done.
Have you given up your wish for a King room?

Have you given up your wish for a King room?
Yep I just had our ta call and put that it’ll be my birthday and we want early check in over any other requests. I had to pick one request online to be able to click early check in so I just put highest floor.

Our last trip with our DS and family, his room was ready about 10:30 (he got text on ME). Our room which was across the hall, about two doors down, was ready at 4. I thought it was ready odd for such a time spread.

Our last trip with our DS and family, his room was ready about 10:30 (he got text on ME). Our room which was across the hall, about two doors down, was ready at 4. I thought it was ready odd for such a time spread.
That is kind of strange since the rooms were close together. You’d think they would’ve been serviced around the same time?

I have gotten in early a few times, but more often have had to wait until check-in time.

I've been wondering this same thing so thanks for the thread! We will be at the airport at 3 am with a 7 yr old .. hopefully arriving by 11:00 am.
I've been kicking myself for the not so smart flight scheduling.
Oh... I think having ur kiddo passed out n napping in the ride is an advantage lol.
Easier to enjoy the day when they are a bit refreshed from a nap..
safe travels!

We have gotten rooms as early as 10 am (bay lake) and as late as 5 (old key west). I like to get there as early as possible. We go to hotel, drop off bags (I never use the auto baggage delivery on ME because I like to have our bags just in case we get a n early). We either go to pool or head out to lunch.

Resort check in starts at 3:00, that doesn't necessarily mean that your room will be ready at exactly 3:00.

That sounds like a good plan! Hopefully the weather will be nice and you will get to spend time by the pool :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter