How is the internet?

TheLadyRohn

Earning My Ears
Does anyone who has been recently have any feedback on the wifi at the resort? We are "skipping" school to go at the end of February but since our district is 100% virtual for now I want the kids to check in and maybe take a zoom or do an assignment or two.

Is it decent enough to do zoom? I would think the kids can get on and do their regular school work without issue. My kids were actually a little excited at the thought of taking a zoom in Hawaii, with high hopes of taking their meetings at the Beach but I don't think wifi would reach there.

I haven’t been there since COVID started and definitely haven’t zoomed on the trips that I took before that but on my previous trips I was able to stream movies in the room without any issues.

The answer is maybe. There's really no way to know until you actually get in your room and try it. It varies so greatly that there is no track record for a particular resort or room location.

The answer is maybe. There's really no way to know until you actually get in your room and try it. It varies so greatly that there is no track record for a particular resort or room location.
That's kind of what I was thinking. I am sure it's good enough to get general school work done. Like you said and I assumed - it would vary - it's not like it doesn't at home, probably just depends on how close to a router I am.

My husband had to worth during both of our stays after the reopening. He’s in IT and the first to grumble if anything techie doesn’t meet his needs. So I guess in this case, his silence speaks volumes 😂. We brought an Apple TV and steamed Netflix with no problem.

We have T-mobile and a Verizon hot spot. Connectivity was never an issue.

For both stays, we were in the Ewa wing, 14th and 16th floors. One room was three doors from the very end of the hall. The other room was right above the Olelo room. Location didn’t make a difference for us.

The only “black hole” near Aulani that I know of is inside Kapolei Target.

We were there in December and I worked virtually 1/2 days and our DS had Zoom/Teams virtual school and we had no problems with internet. (the hardest part of online school was waking at 5:00am to be "in class", but we just had early evenings and never let our bodies adjust, it worked for us and was the only way we would have been able to go for two weeks)
He did complain one night when trying to play his World of Warcraft game, but I think that was a gaming glitchy type issue and not necessarily the internet capabilities.

We were there in December and I worked virtually 1/2 days and our DS had Zoom/Teams virtual school and we had no problems with internet. (the hardest part of online school was waking at 5:00am to be "in class",
Great! We are on the West Coast so class time would start at 6:30/7:30 for my kids. They are only missing 4 days of school but my 8th grader would fall behind quickly. However, our district has the kids in "Class" most of the day so I think I will just have them check in on Zoom in the morning then after playing come back and work on the classwork.

Thank you for the feedback - your experience is pretty similar to what we will be doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter