How is the Disney SWAN Hotel & Discount

The Swan/Dolphin will often upgrade guests who are members of the Starwood Preferred Guest program. My husband was SPG Platinum the last time we stayed at the Dolphin and we were upgraded to a suite with lounge access. Sadly, he didn't stay at enough Starwood properties last year and was downgraded to Gold :(.

Sometimes you'll get an upgrade and sometimes you won't. IMO, it's always a good idea to join SPG before going just in case they are feeling generous.

ETA: The buy 2 get 1 free is a real deal. I checked my dates in August and the best available rate ay the Swan is $159 Swan which brings the nightly rate down to $106 per night (plus the resort fee, of course). The Disney moderate AP rates for the spring are $109! HOWEVER ... I think the rates may be non-refundable, so make sure to read the fine print :teeth:.

Just got off the phone with Starwood reservations. The promotion is available for my stay but I can't book it with the rate I currently have of $159. The rate goes up to $269 then I can get my 4th night free. It is cheaper to keep the $159 rate. I also tried Swan/Dolphin reservations and was told they couldn't do the promotion through them.. I have to add...I have never had a bad reservations person at Swan/Dolphin. They seem to go out of their way to help find the best rate.

OKState--I cannot see the link in your post. Maybe it's my security program at work? Would you please e-mail me or repost the link? Thanks!

mickeymom: Did you try 3 of your 4 days at a lower rate? You could keep the $159 for the one night and book the other three at the buy 2 get 1 free rate. It's worth a try.

DeeCeeSW:Try the link that Loves2Travel provided.

I'm bummed that the promotion ends on December 15th. I'm looking for good rates for NYE.

No links are showing for me at all, on either post!!!!!!!! Must be my Norton Internet Security. Just momentarily disabled it and found the link, thanks!

I tried calling Starwood, Swan and Dolphin direct, and my travel agent. They all said that you cannot combine rates and the $149 teachers discount is the best you can get. That is not to mention the $14 for valet parking or $7 for self parking. How did you guys get rates down to $109?

Yes, whenever I try to book the promo, it is always at rack rate with the 1 or 2 nights free. How do you guys get such low rates and still get the night or two free?

OK, so I found the offer and put in several dates in July and got $269 a night as the lowest price per night. Shouldn't it be lower? That means about $550 for three nights, meaning over $1100 for 6 nights. I am almost certain that the 4* hotel for $128 a night that is coming up on Hotwire is the Swan (which would bring my total to under $1000). Now I need to decide if I'm willing to take the chance. I would be pretty upset if it turned out to be the Wyndham in disguise.

robinb: I tried every promotion available. Buy 2 get 1 free. 20% off best available rate and the 3 get 4th free. The rate went up every time to more than I would pay for my stay at the $159 rate. I appreciate your help though.

tripplanner2: Welcome to the DIS!!!

Buy 2 nights, get 1 free:

Best rate for August 2005 = $159

$159 x 2 = $318
$318 / 3 = $106

DeeCeeSW said:
I am almost certain that the 4* hotel for $128 a night that is coming up on Hotwire is the Swan (which would bring my total to under $1000). Now I need to decide if I'm willing to take the chance. I would be pretty upset if it turned out to be the Wyndham in disguise.
Check http://www.betterbidding.com/ before you jump on the Hotwire hotel. There is a list of hotels in Florida, along with the amenities that show up on Hotwire (http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?act=ST&f=207&t=67&s=). The Swan/Dolphin are listed as is the Wyndham.

Thanks...

How did you get the best rate of $159? On the Starwood site the price is between $259 and $289 per night, depending on the room. When I called they said that the stay 2 get one free would be off the full rack rate. I was wondering how you got the $159 rate to begin the discount with.

It all depends on your dates. My August dates are $159, my December dates are $259+ and the special is not even available. I checked using the link provided on page 2.

what are your august dates, robinb? i am looking at late august and the best rate for the buy four get two free is $229/night, so w/the two free it comes out to be $152/night (which is a good rate, but i'd prefer $106!) :)

Ahhh ...Nevermind. I just checked 2 days (5/14-5/16) and I found a rate of $159. Once I added night #3 (5/14-5/17) I got the extra expensive $200+ rates. The discount is only on "unrestricted rates". Sorry everyone!

DeeCeeSW said:
. I am almost certain that the 4* hotel for $128 a night that is coming up on Hotwire is the Swan (which would bring my total to under $1000). Now I need to decide if I'm willing to take the chance. I would be pretty upset if it turned out to be the Wyndham in disguise.

ooooooo I don't think it's the Swan, try putting in the dates May 1-7 in Hotwire, I think that the one that comes out for $143 is the Swan. If you notice under ammenties there is a fancy letter "R" which I haven't been able to find under any other dates that I have tried. Plus look for "read reviews"
to be listed. The reviews usually mention the feather comforters.

In the past, I have been lucky and got the Dolphin with the following: Restaurant, Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center, Golf Nearby, Tennis Nearby (and sometimes laundry facilities). The one that includes "spa" was usually the Wyndham. Don't know if I will risk it. Now I see from betterbidding.com that someone did get the Swan with the amenities you listed. I guess Hotwire is changing things up. I was hoping someone else would list a winning bid on betterbidding.com for July so I could get a better idea.

I found the offers mentioned. Including one 6nights for price of 4 but offer not available in July/August when we visit.

Couldnt see the reference to Amex tho.

Anyone else had any luck

Anyone get the "4th night free" or "buy 4, get 6" offer for any dates in Nov or Dec? All I get is a "no rooms available" message. Can this be booked by phone or only through the link?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter