How is Palms Suites Lakeside (formally Mainstay Suites)?

This is actually a picture of Palms Suites Lakeside from the top of one of the holes at Congo River Golf which is right across 192 from the hotel.

10029409rh.jpg

I did go by there and check the place out as i will not be staying there at the end of the month as i had planned to do so earlier in the year.The room i was given a key to was okay,Not Bad,Not the grand cypress! just pretty good bang for the buck!As vacation dad has stated there is some work to be done to improve your first impressions.Again not bad i have stayed in some bad 3 star DUMPS and this is not bad......I will check into this property again for my next trip...hot wire gave me a deal i could not pass up on...plus i had 200 dollars in hotwire money burning a hole in my pocket.If you are by any means thinking this is a grand resort please dont! But it is a good place to stay , and the room i was able to ckeck out was by no means a dump.so sorry i was not able to report when i said i would my laptop crapped out on me.Vacation Dad thanks for the great reports and pictures!!!!
Don

We're booked to stay here in May but after reading the most recent reviews on tripadvisor I'm getting nervous!!!!! i don't want to get there and find out the family loft suite I reserved is unavailable! :guilty:

I am due to check in there on March 20th. We have a large party and so there will be multiple rooms that we will be staying in. I will make sure to let you guys know how it goes. I don't people to spend money at a palce that is not worth it and is more of a hassel than is worth. So i will post an update once I get back.

Thanks to all of you that have reported on this place. All the info is very helpful.

We usually spend some down time at our resort when we go to WDW so WHERE we stay is pretty important.

This trip, we are spending all of our time in the parks. And we've never been there when they have long hours (we're going end of May/June). So we will literally be having dinner there and sleeping and that is it!

It can't be worse than a Motel 6. :teeth: I'll just keep saying to myself, "39 dollars, 39 dollars..." . :rotfl:

Kid@heart ---The more reviews we get the better informed decisions we all can make..

The more reviews we get the better informed decisions we all can make..
I AGREE!!!!!! We need a place w/2 bathrooms and that's why I choose them..plus they seem like a unique place to stay. However I think I may book somewhere else too and then just cancel 1 place a few weeks before we go!!! Once I hear some more reviews I'll be better able to make a decision! :teeth:

I am having trouble finding this hotel. Please give me a link or phone number where I can contact them. A loft suite sounds like a great place for our family.

THANKS

Mom of Sleepy said:
........It can't be worse than a Motel 6. :teeth: I'll just keep saying to myself, "39 dollars, 39 dollars..." . :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It looked fine to us, while sitting in traffic, 200 feet away from the entrance;);)

$39 and I'll take the Motel 6 with 2 bathrooms and a loft, and a kitchen, and be happy:)!!

Like everyone said, the more we share, the more we know:)
LOVE the Dis!! :disrocks: :disrocks: :disrocks:

:sunny:

annsteer go to www.hotelplusportal.com type in orlando and your dates then when the hotel choice pop up go to seach again and type in Palms in the hotel name search box and its normally the second one -- Palms Suites Lakeside -- (the 1st one popping up is Gaylord Palms) HTH Michelle

Looks like Neoshoegal is there now -- unless she had a change in plans -- Hope she post when she gets back !!!!

mbb said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

It looked fine to us, while sitting in traffic, 200 feet away from the entrance;);)

$39 and I'll take the Motel 6 with 2 bathrooms and a loft, and a kitchen, and be happy:)!!

Like everyone said, the more we share, the more we know:)
LOVE the Dis!! :disrocks: :disrocks: :disrocks:

:sunny:
I got the bi-level family suite for $59.00/night for our last 6 nights and the family studio suite for $39/night for the first 3 nights since the bi-level family suite wasn't available for the first part of our vacation. Were any of you getting the bi-level family suite for $39/night?

I just checked my dates, and hotelplusportal's rate now is $69 for the family studio suite and $79 for the bi-level family suite.

Nope I got the family for $39 (friends #1 got the family too for $39 and friends #2 got the bi-level for $59)
I know I kept looking to Alison and see its mostly sold out for my dates !!!

I also got the $39.00 a night deal on the family suite. Except for Easter night and it was 119.00. so it all equaled out to around 350.00 for the whole week.

I think I am crazy I have already packed like 2 suitcases and I have a month to go.

We're booked there in May. Have any of you seen the recent reviews on tripadvisor saying that the room people reserved wasn't available? I sure hope that doesn't happen to us!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with the folks at hotel portals plus.

Staffer says hotel has changed names (again) to Lake Suites and that the family loft will now cost me $116 for Sat. night in April and $79 for weeknights.

Am I missing something that can get me back to the fabulous rates first posted here---$59 for the loft suite, $49 for the family suite?

Staffer says hotel has changed names (again) to Lake Suites and that the family loft will now cost me $116 for Sat. night in April and $79 for weeknights.
I don't know, but I sure hope they don't try and charge the people who have reservations more $ when we get there! oH, you can try venere.com they were listed on there before as well!

My guess is we have confirmations with the rates posted and held so they must honor it. Kinda of like the lucky people who got the $1 rates from one of the DTD hotels a year or so ago.. Michelle

I just tried looking it up on hotelplusportal and I can't even find it anymore?!?!?!?!?!? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter