How is DCA for 2 and a 5 yo?

M

M

We went to WDW 11/00 and 4/99. Will do another Disney trip this year, but I was wondering if DL and DCA is a good alternative to WDW for a 2 and 5 yo.

...I compare it to MGM Studios in a way. I would not recommend this for young children. IMHO they would be BORED!

I'm sure they's love Disneyland though. I guess it depends on how much of a trip you want to make it.

<font size=4 face="Comic Sans MS" color = blue>D°o°die</font>
<font size=1 color = blue>March 2001 - Our first trip to Disneyland!! (Grand Californian)
March 2001 - WDW Surprise!! (Disney Institute & Dixie Landings)
March 2000 - WDW (All Star Music)
May 1998 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
March 1997 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
May 1996 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
March 1995 - WDW (Dixie Landings)
March 1994 - WDW (Honeymoon! Dixie Landings)</

There are some things there that they would enjoy - Muppet Theatre, the animation studios, some of the rides in the Paradise Pier area, and parts of the Redwood Creek Challenge. It certainly is a visual feast. Worth a hop. :)

teri.GIF
DIS disABILITIES Discussion Board FAQ under construction!
"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

Here is what Matthew (age 5, almost 6) liked

Redwood Challenge Trail
Muppet 3-D
Superstar Limo
The Eureka Parade
Jumpin' Jellyfish
SS. Rustworthy
The Flying Zephyrs
The Boardwalk Games (HE WON ON HIS FIRST TRY)
The Sun Wheel (both moving and stationary carriages)
Disney Animation
The stunt show (Light, Camara, Chos -I think)
He wanted to ride Muholland Madness, but it was down.

Disney Vacation Club Board Co-Moderator
DVC and Cruise Chat Hostess
Cruise Board List Mistress

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">Robin

My kids are both of similar ages, (4 yr old daiughter, 7 year old son) but my biggest concern is that my daughter has bradykinesis so i'm concerned about the children getting split up (as who can keep up with a 7 year old boy anyway, let alone with bradykinesis?). are the facilities for getting children relocated good at disneyworld?

Aussie Jim, you mean DisneyLand... in California - yes, they have a lost parents/childrens place in all the parks, Disneyland and DisneyWorld in Florida. :)

If you have any questions about taking kids with special needs on a Disney Vacation, please visit our
disABILITIES Board where you can find lots of useful information about making your trip even more enjoyable. And check out our new FAQ - just click on the link in my signature. :)

teri.GIF
DIS disABILITIES Discussion Board FAQ under construction!
"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

If you can swing a day-trip, then consider a visit to LegoLand in Carlsbad (about 60 miles south of Anaheim). It is tailor made for kids about 2-10. It is a very clean park and the rides are great for the little ones. Kids get a 'height' wristband so they don't have to be measured at each ride. Most rides are accessible to kids>36 inches tall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter