How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

Yay! I'm so glad you'll be able to get back to the World. DH and I will be there as well for the big celebration. Someone mentioned a meet? I'm in!

Thats great you get another trip! I will probably be there too! We go every year around that time.

I think it's a good idea to do a few days without your DH. At least my "Disney-Resistant" husband likes golf! So I can just "force" him to go golfing.

Trish I have enjoyed reading your TR so far. Great photos and commentary! And like others have said, I am impressed with your ability to just "go with the flow" and keep a positive attitude. I would probably be crushed if my DH wanted to leave the BBQ show 20 minutes in, especially considering all the planning, money and high expectations that went into it.

I also have a DH that doesn't like heat, lines or crowds. He's been known to storm out of crowded grocery stores and just leave his stuff in the cart. :sad2: Not that I love heat, lines and crowds, but I have a TON more patience than he does. Neither of us have ever been to WDW, although we both grew up in Southern California and have been to DL many times. I've got a tentative trip planned for Dec 2011, assuming we can both lose enough weight to enjoy it! This is supposed to be our "we finally lost the weight" trip. :) I am concerned that my DH is going to have many of the same reactions that yours did, but due to some tips I've read from others I realize how important it is to not overplan and have lots of lounging around the pool time! I hope it's swim weather in December! It's the only time we can go with DH's school schedule (he's a full time student). Well that's not quite true....we could also go in August but I would never subject us middle age, pooh-sized people to the Florida heat in August. :rotfl:

Anyways, enough about me! Looking forward to reading more.

All caught up Trish! Love the new title too. :)

I'm enjoying your whole report, you write so well and your pictures are great. I like that you aren't afraid to share the good and the bad.

Glad you have a new trip on the horizon! I love the idea of celebrating your 40th with WDW's 40th! I turn 40 in 2012 and had the same idea. I can turn my celebration into a year-long one just like WDW will! :rotfl: I am planning to attend the Wine & Dine Marathon weekend this year, most likely doing the 5K. Maybe I'll be ready for the 1/2 in 2011!

Looking forward to more!

The good news about October (besides the Food and Wine Festival :lovestruc ) is that lines are minimal. We rode Splash Mountain 4 times in a row last year, with only waiting as long as it took us to walk back to the start of the ride! Same with BTMRR. And the KRR at AK. October is such a fun time to go. There are also cute fall/Halloween decorations out in the MK.

Maybe knowing the lines won't be as long will entice your hubby to go again. Although once he's been on October, it might be hard to get him to go back any other time! Can't wait for more of your TR! Hope you don't get so busy planning for your next trip you forget about us, living vicariously through your great writing and story telling! ;)

Alright, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I'm all caught up. I had planned to go to bed, but instead I brought my laptop with me and snuggled down between two sleeping babies and read until I was done. :rolleyes1

I enjoyed it all so far! The hotels are so beautiful, your kids are too cute, and you have such a wonderful writing style, it's like reading a favorite book!

I love your DD's dress for the hoop-de-do revue, it's amazing! I think that's the sort of thing DH would look at and say, "Yeah, you WOULD like that" haha.

Your DH seems to be the opposite of mine. He's totally into disney, and tends to err on the side of park commando, which doesn't work with two little kids. So instead of him leaving and me following, it's me taking the tired kid back to the hotel, or the car, or whatever, alone, while he continues on his mission. The grass is always greener, I suppose. :laughing:

I'm impressed that your DS will ride all the fast rides. My DS is 3.5 and 36 or 37 inches, so not tall enough, but he would never do it. It must be so much fun to be able to ride all together!

You seem to take everything in stride. I would have been so upset at Tusker house with no characters! 11 days and you don't get back to AK? I can't wait to hear what you do!

I can't wait to read more!

Ha, ha! Thanks for giving me a perspective into the "other side". I guess being left by a Disney park commando who wanted to keep touring while I had to take kids back to the room wouldn't be 100% perfect either. Except after the kids grew up and we could all go commando!:laughing:

Either way....I think I would still a Park Commando over a Disney-Resister!:rotfl:

I was so confused when I saw this title that I wasn't at all familiar with...then I saw it was yours. Confused, I opened it and read your latest update, and I have to say, I am so happy for you that I actually got tears in my eyes:hug:

Having your friends with you and maybe DH not coming for the first few days will make all the difference in the world. I think you're going to have a fabulous time....woo hoo another PTR to look forward to:woohoo:

Thanks Queen!:goodvibes I am hoping that this trip may well be different. At the very least, I will be much more prepared in advance!;)

Hello Trish, I started reading your trip report yesterday and I am caught up. You have a beautiful family. I have read many trip reports on the board and I really especially enjoy reading yours; you put a lot of personality and detail in your post.

Too bad about DH; atleast he goes to WDW with you and likes some things. There are many DH's out there who do not go or take there family at all or maybe one trip in there life time. I know many people like that; they do not see the magical and vision of it like he are do and it frustrates us because we want to be a true diser.

Maybe it might help if you can stay in one resort instead of three. I am sure that that could be work and stressful. Maybe, let him plan and decide what to do on a given day. He might like to do the Nascar or rent a little speed boat or parasail,etc.,etc. And definatley have a resort day every two days, so you all can relax. I know someone mentioned it earlier in your trip report to have your mother in law watch the kids, so you all can hit pleasure island or have a date night. That sure sounded like a start to a great evening about being on the balcony of the CR with the best view in the world with wishes going on. WOW!! :cloud9:

I look forward on reading more. popcorn::

:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the nice comments!:goodvibes

Honestly, the 3 resorts on this trip could not have been avoided. We had to book our RCI/DVC week at the Beach Club, and in order to get the direct flights (which DH was adament about), we had to add 1 day to the start of the trip and one day to the end.

In the end we stayed 8 days at the BCV, with only our 1st nite at CR and last nite at the Poly. So it really wasn't so bad. And I don't think it really affected the trip or DH's mood at all. Since we had to change rooms anyway, we all enjoyed getting a taste of the other resorts during the trip.

As for having my MIL around to look after the kids, I was sure that at least one nite we would have ventured off on our own, but in the end, I never wanted to leave the kids. I always wanted them included in our evening meals and plans. After getting back to the room btwn 8-9:30pm each nite, DH was done. I definitely could have gone back out to Jellyrolls or otherwise, but he was not game. So we never did. But I usually always snuck out on my own after they were in bed, and rarely got back to the room before 1am!;)

Love the new title, Trish!

And congratulations for having managed to get another *Last Trip to WDW* planned! :thumbsup2

Thanks!:goodvibes

:thumbsup2
I'm so happy for you!
I had a feeling that you'd be returning in no time. Wow! 40th Celebration! I might need to join you. We usually go in the fall (crowds are better). We are leaving in 2 months:wizard:
Keep your trip report coming, it's soooo much fun :cool1:

Thank you! I love October too!;)

Good Morning Trish!

Just as someone else posted I saw an email with a TR name I didn't recognize and was surprised it was yours. Now I get it! ;) Congratulations on your next trip to the world. :woohoo: How exciting and how much fun it will be to go with friends.

We have gone a few times in Oct and it is great. We love the MNSSHP and the Food and Wine. The weather can be either really nice and cool or super hot and we have experienced both during the same week. You can definitely still swim and enjoy the pools. MNSSHP is great fun and a must do. The parade is my favorite. :thumbsup2

I have to tell you I was stunned when I read about how your DH wanted to leave the BBQ and you were only 20 min. in to it. :eek:That barely gave you time to eat. I can't imagine what my reaction would have been. Let's just say you are waaaay nicer than me. I know you must have been super disappointed. I give you BIG kudos for being positive and not having a hissy fit (as we say in the south).

Oh yeah...your DD dress is so adorable. I wish my DD would still wear things like that but she is a tweener so no cutesy stuff anymore...:sad2:

Have a great weekend. Looking forward to more.

TTFN
Darlene

Thanks Darlene!:)

I should clarify that we were actually at the BBQ a bit longer than 20 minutes. After everyone comes in, it is literal chaos with people fighting their way through the buffet lines. It takes about 10-15 minutes for that to die down and for everyone to get their food. Then some people go back for seconds or dessert. Or wine and beer.

Thankfully, they don't start the entertainment until all that is done. So you probably have about 20-25 minutes to get food and eat until the entertainment begins.

After the entertainment started, we heard one song from the 2 hosts, and stayed for the 3-4 songs that the characters come out to dance for, which took about 20 minutes. That is when we left.

I have no idea how much of the show we missed. The cowboy with the whip was just coming out when we left. We never even got to see him crack the whip before we left.

If anyone has been, and can tell me how much more entertainment there was, and whether the characters ever made a re-appearance (I doubt it), I would love to know for future reference!;)

Hooray for a tentative new trip! I'm turning 40 shortly after Magic Kingdom and want to spend my 40th birthday in Orlando. We probably won't be there October 1st but later in the month....

Amanda

That sounds like a great way to spend your 40th! Too bad our trips likely won't overlap. I will probably try to start our trip the last few days of September before the rates go up in October.;)

Hi Trish,

We just returned from an 18 day trip to England and of course I spent most of yesterday catching up on the DIS (those suitcases can wait to be unpacked, right?!!!!).

First and foremost, very sorry to hear of your loss. Your husband's aunt sounds like she was an amazing and inspirational woman.

As I read your updates (I had left around the time you had posted about your dinner at BD and fantasmic) I continued to feel like I was reading my own life stories ...... DH can have a similar foul look on his face despite being at the happiest place on earth, DH would definitely walk out like your DH did of the BBQ (although I would have fumed about it much more than you did), and DH too is at his happiest just lounging at the pool. So glad you are sharing.

Your son's birthday party looked amazing. Could you please either post or pm me the places that you got the different supplies from (decorations, what your favors were and where you got them, and also where you found that skeleton). I am trying to plan something for my DS7s birthday in the fall.

Also, amazing that you are going to be going back next year. What an amazing time to go. You are on the right track in thinking to go a few days ahead of your husband. This certainly would help you have the vacation you want with your kids as well so a slower paced time as a family once your husband gets there. I completely back you in your decision. You are actually inspiring me to start running again and maybe aiming for the half marathon in 2011. My DH and I actually ran (more like fast paced walk in my case) the half marathon in January of 2004. This time I want to run the entire course and feel good doing it. Maybe I can set it as my goal and then we can have a DIS meet after?????

As I mentioned, we just returned from England. I love Disney and cannot get enough of it but have to say that it is great to go to other destinations. I had many magical moments on this trip and realized that we really need to open our kids minds up to what various parts of the world are like and to meet people of different nations. I particularly enjoyed sharing the history of various buildings and monuments with them (of course every time we passed by Big Ben we would be looking for Peter Pan!!!!!!). I think that my DH enjoyed this vacation for various reasons, one of them being that we were doing something different than what we have done in the last three years. So I would strongly suggest that if possible then throw in a vacation to a destination where your luggage tags won't say MCO (like how I stole that from your PTR!!!).

Looking forward to reading more.

Wow! Hope you had a great trip to England!:) That totally sounds like me...catching up on the Dis before unpacking your suitcases!:laughing:

We will definitely take the kids on a trip to Europe at some point. We definitely won't be JUST travelling to WDW for the rest of our lives, that is for sure!

Honestly though, I question whether our kids are old enough for a European vacation at this point. It is such an expensive vacation, and one we won't be able to do more than once or twice so I want to ensure we go when they are old enough to appreciate it.

Although I am VERY biassed, I continue to believe that for the age our kids are at right now, WDW makes the most sense.;)

After our trip to WDW in October 2011, we are planning to do a trip to southern California in 2012. I want to check out Carsland and introduce the family to DL. I have been to southern CA a couple times in the past 4 years by myself for work and LOVED IT!!!! I definitely want to show it to my family. I figure we would start in San Diego and make our way up the coast, stopping at Anahiem for DL, LA, Wine Country and Big Sur and ending up in San Fran.

Then after that trip, in 2013, who knows?! That is the year I hit the big 4-0 so I will definitely want to do something. Probably WDW.:laughing: And maybe our first Disney cruise tied onto that.;)

Finally, as for the birthday stuff, the skeleton was actually purchased at Pottery Barn Kids, along with the Pirate plates, placemats, and tablerunners, as well as our invitations and thank you cards. However, they were purchased about 2 years or so ago. (I always pick the themes for the kids parties well in advance...I am crazy like that! LOL!)

The paper skull and crossbones that I printed off for the napkin holders, and as embellishments for the hypothocary jars were free downloads I got online. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Uz3C61TxeEU/S4NVO9Zd3EI/AAAAAAAAhbU/LcC-LwFWCtk/s1600-h/piratelogo.jpg

Finally, all of the favours and treats were purchased at either Oriental Trading Company or Birthday Express. (I placed an order from each of them to get everything I needed). I have out swords, eye patches, treasure boxes and tons of other pirate related goodies that came out of the pinata treasure box which came from one of the online orders.

Hope that helps, and happy planning!:)

I have been missing in action for over a week due to family issues in Florida. I just got cought up with your TR. My DH is a resisiter, but like your DH he has good things to say about WDW when he returns home.

It was good to Know about the 40 year anniversary of MK. I'm planning a trip around that time in 2011 & didn't know anything about the 40th.

I just loved the twirly dress, just the thing for my granddaughters.:love:

Now I'm awaiting the ugly & hope that it is not as bad as anticipated.:scared1:
Congrats on a return trip in 2011. I think the days without DH would make the trip happier for all. Good plan! :woohoo:

Sorry to hear about your family...hope everything is ok!:hug:

Isn't that funny that our husbands have a greater fondness for WDW looking back on the trip when it is all over?:confused3 I don't get it at all!:confused:

I am so excited to hear what Disney is going to announce for 2011's celebration theme. I don't know for sure that it will involve a celebration of WDW's 40th Anniversary, but I would bet it does!;)

Surely they will have something similar to this year's festivities at DL for its 55th on July 16th. At least they better!!!:laughing:

Awesome news, Trish!! I'm so happy for you!! I think the idea of going down earlier than your DH is a good idea-- or leaving him behind while you're at the parks :lmao: I think you're right--everyone will be happier. Nothing like friends to keep people on their best behavior, too, haha.

I totally agree with you...there is something about having friends with us on this trip that could completely turn DH around!;) At least I am hoping!:laughing:

:banana: Another trip planned! Good for you.

It seems you have the same problems with your DH as I have with mine. Last trip we were in the park in the morning and he said he wanted to go back to the room. "Ok, no problem", I told him. "I'll meet you back there later." He didn't like that.

If I was at the BBQ I would've just told him that I'll catch you after the show and let him go. If he wants to watch TV or sit in the room, that's ok. And if I want to stay until the end of the show, then that's ok too.

Believe me...after the experience on this trip, and looking back on the trip in retrospect, I will be far more willing to cut ties and cut DH loose on any future trip.:rotfl:

All cought up on your TR! I am loving it and it is so great that you may be going back so soon! I love the idea of a few days before but it is great that yoru DH wants to maybe come along. Maybe he does like it more then he lets on ;) Can't wait for the next update!

You know....he does put up a pretty strong front, but deep inside I know DH likes DIsney more than he lets on.;) He is always the first one downstairs on the couch with the popcorn for our Disney movie nites, and couldn't wait to see TS3 when it came out. I also think deep down he really likes the Parks too. If we could just get rid of the crowds and heat, but mostly the crowds, (even though they were quite probably the lowest crowds this trip that I have ever encountered) we would be all set!:rotfl:

Yay! I'm so glad you'll be able to get back to the World. DH and I will be there as well for the big celebration. Someone mentioned a meet? I'm in!

Awesome! Let's get that October 2011 meet list going!:rotfl:

Thats great you get another trip! I will probably be there too! We go every year around that time.

I think it's a good idea to do a few days without your DH. At least my "Disney-Resistant" husband likes golf! So I can just "force" him to go golfing.

You too?!! Wow....October 2011 may be a great time for my 2nd ever DisMeet!:goodvibes

I wish DH loved golfing...that would be a great way to get him down there!;)

Trish I have enjoyed reading your TR so far. Great photos and commentary! And like others have said, I am impressed with your ability to just "go with the flow" and keep a positive attitude. I would probably be crushed if my DH wanted to leave the BBQ show 20 minutes in, especially considering all the planning, money and high expectations that went into it.

I also have a DH that doesn't like heat, lines or crowds. He's been known to storm out of crowded grocery stores and just leave his stuff in the cart. :sad2: Not that I love heat, lines and crowds, but I have a TON more patience than he does. Neither of us have ever been to WDW, although we both grew up in Southern California and have been to DL many times. I've got a tentative trip planned for Dec 2011, assuming we can both lose enough weight to enjoy it! This is supposed to be our "we finally lost the weight" trip. :) I am concerned that my DH is going to have many of the same reactions that yours did, but due to some tips I've read from others I realize how important it is to not overplan and have lots of lounging around the pool time! I hope it's swim weather in December! It's the only time we can go with DH's school schedule (he's a full time student). Well that's not quite true....we could also go in August but I would never subject us middle age, pooh-sized people to the Florida heat in August. :rotfl:

Anyways, enough about me! Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you so much for posting and Welcome!:welcome:

Good luck with the weight loss journey! I am trying to embark upon a similar journey myself, starting with the running and finally getting back into shape! I find it is so hard...I have started and stopped more times than I care to admit, but I am determined to finally adopt for once and for all a healthy, active lifestyle.

What a great plan to reward yourselves with a trip...that is a perfect motivator, and great reward!:goodvibes

I think December would be a great time to visit...provided you go before the Christmas crowds!:scared1: Seeing the parks decked out in all their Christmas splendor is something I have yet to see. But it is definitely on my wish list for future trips!:goodvibes

All caught up Trish! Love the new title too. :)

I'm enjoying your whole report, you write so well and your pictures are great. I like that you aren't afraid to share the good and the bad.

Glad you have a new trip on the horizon! I love the idea of celebrating your 40th with WDW's 40th! I turn 40 in 2012 and had the same idea. I can turn my celebration into a year-long one just like WDW will! :rotfl: I am planning to attend the Wine & Dine Marathon weekend this year, most likely doing the 5K. Maybe I'll be ready for the 1/2 in 2011!

Looking forward to more!

Hey, hey, hey Michelle....I am not turning 40 next year...that was Amanda!:rotfl:

Don't push me to 40 before I am ready!:laughing: That won't be until 2013!:)

Hope you end up doing the Wine & Dine Marathon this year. I will be very interested to hear the feedback. And hopefully we will see you in 2011...I really hope we can actually meet up next year! I hate that we were both at the Beach Club the same nite in May and didn't meet!:sad2:

The good news about October (besides the Food and Wine Festival :lovestruc ) is that lines are minimal. We rode Splash Mountain 4 times in a row last year, with only waiting as long as it took us to walk back to the start of the ride! Same with BTMRR. And the KRR at AK. October is such a fun time to go. There are also cute fall/Halloween decorations out in the MK.

Maybe knowing the lines won't be as long will entice your hubby to go again. Although once he's been on October, it might be hard to get him to go back any other time! Can't wait for more of your TR! Hope you don't get so busy planning for your next trip you forget about us, living vicariously through your great writing and story telling! ;)

Sounds like you lucked out with the lines for BTMRR and Splash in Oct!;)

I have been in late Sept/early Oct in both 2007 and 2008 and quite liked it as well. So I think it will be a great time to go!;)

And no worries about getting distracted from this TR in planning the 2011 trip. That hasn't even started yet, and will definitely be on the backburner until the fall, well after this TR is put to bed.;)

Hey, hey, hey Michelle....I am not turning 40 next year...that was Amanda!:rotfl:

Don't push me to 40 before I am ready!:laughing: That won't be until 2013!:)

Hope you end up doing the Wine & Dine Marathon this year. I will be very interested to hear the feedback. And hopefully we will see you in 2011...I really hope we can actually meet up next year! I hate that we were both at the Beach Club the same nite in May and didn't meet!:sad2:

:o Oops! Sorry about that, must have read that wrong. Don't want to push you to 40 any sooner than necessary! :flower3: Drat, that means I'm older than you!

I'm sure we'll be at WDW at the same time again, and this time there is no excuse not to meet! :goodvibes

Your son's birthday party looked amazing. Could you please either post or pm me the places that you got the different supplies from (decorations, what your favors were and where you got them, and also where you found that skeleton). I am trying to plan something for my DS7s birthday in the fall.

Sorry Mickeyphile - I forgot to answer your question about the birthday stuff. I edited my original post, but in case you miss it, here it is again:

The skeleton was actually purchased at Pottery Barn Kids, along with the Pirate plates, placemats, and tablerunners, as well as our invitations and thank you cards. However, they were purchased about 2 years or so ago. (I always pick the themes for the kids parties well in advance...I am crazy like that! LOL!)

The paper skull and crossbones that I printed off for the napkin holders, and as embellishments for the hypothocary jars were free downloads I got online. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Uz3C61TxeE...piratelogo.jpg

Finally, all of the favours and treats were purchased at either Oriental Trading Company or Birthday Express. (I placed an order from each of them to get everything I needed). I have out swords, eye patches, treasure boxes and tons of other pirate related goodies that came out of the pinata treasure box which came from one of the online orders.;)

Hope that helps, and happy planning!:)

:o Oops! Sorry about that, must have read that wrong. Don't want to push you to 40 any sooner than necessary! :flower3: Drat, that means I'm older than you!

I'm sure we'll be at WDW at the same time again, and this time there is no excuse not to meet! :goodvibes

:rotfl:

Next time, for sure I will be on top of things for a meet up!:goodvibes

End of Sept beginning of Oct is my absolute favourite time to visit! Went in August last year for the first time and I said never again!!! Looks like we are both hitting the big 40 on the same year... but i'd rather not think about it just yet :rotfl:

Meeting More Family & Princess Breakfast at Akerhaus

Although our trip to Disney with my mother-in-law had been planned a year in advance, about a month before the trip my sister-in-law (Chris' sister) and her two teenaged boys decided to join us.

They would be staying for 4 days with my MIL in her Studio unit.

Their flight was scheduled to arrive just before midnight the evening we attended Mickey's Backyard BBQ. However, as a result of delays, they actually didn't get in until about 1am. Then, after picking up their luggage and their rental car, and finding their way around WDW property for the first time, they didn't actually arrive at the Beach Club until after 2:30 in the morning!:scared1:

However, they were troopers and were up bright and early the next morning and out the door with us at 7:45am for our 8:05am breakfast reservation at Akerhaus.

This was the first time my SIL or her boys had ever met Declan. Katie had only met them when she was just a baby when we attended my FIL's funeral. So it was so great that morning to wake up and see family who we had not seen in ages. I could not get over how much the boys had grown, and how fast they "took" to my kids. Even though the kids were leap years apart in ages (mine being almost 5 and 7, and the two teenagers being 15 and 17), it was so nice seeing the cousins bond together!:goodvibes

We headed out the doors of the Beach Club toward the International Gateway. Here we encountered a slight problem. Apparently the ticket selling counters don't always open up at 8am when they start to let people into the Park for the early morning breakfasts. But even though we had no way to purchase tickets at that time, the CM at the turnstiles were not about to let my SIL and her boys into the Park without tickets.

Fortunately, I was able to sweet talk a CM in one of the booths to open early to sell us the tickets. But word to the wise: ensure you have tickets in hand, or buy them back at the resort if you are planning an early entrance to the Park through the International Gateway.;)

Finally, after the tickets were purchased, we were all let into the Park. We enjoyed the leisurely stroll around Epcot on our way to Norway. All of the topiaries were out for the Flower & Garden Festival and the Park looked great. What a great introduction to the Parks for my SIL and her boys!

IMG_5229.jpg

IMG_5254.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

We made it over to Norway and checked in. Fortunately, we had only a short wait before our names were called.

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

I was a little worried that 2 teenaged boys would be less than thrilled eating at a character breakfast, and especially a Princess one at that. However, I needn't have worried.

These two kids were without a doubt two of the nicest teenaged boys you could ever hope to meet. They instantly bonded with my kids, with each of them holding their hands and walking with them through the Park.

And they were so good-natured in posing for pictures and going along with all of the character interactions at the breakfast.

My SIL and her husband have done an amazing job raising two pretty fantastic kids!

First stop after we got inside was posing for our pictures with Belle.

IMG_5235.jpg

Even though I think this is a pretty awful picture of all of us, I am posting it because ironically the one who looks the best and happiest is none other than DH!:rotfl:

IMG_5237.jpg

After the photos were taken, it was off to eat.

Once again, DH is a huge fan of this buffet. The buffet also went over extremely well with my nephews. Teenage boys and tasty, unlimited, plentiful food....what is not to love?:laughing:

IMG_5239.jpg

As you can see, it didn't take long for Chris to get his anti-photos look back on his face.:rotfl:

IMG_5238.jpg

IMG_5249.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

IMG_5241.jpg

Once again, we enjoyed a perfect breakfast at Akerhaus. It is a great spread of food, with great character interactions, attentive and friendly servers, and a fairly relaxed atmosphere. Definitely a must-do for us!

After breakfast, we took our time strolling back out of the Park to the Beach Club where we would be picking up our things and heading to the Gulf Coast for a day at the Beach with Family.

Our Day at the Beach!

End of Sept beginning of Oct is my absolute favourite time to visit! Went in August last year for the first time and I said never again!!! Looks like we are both hitting the big 40 on the same year... but i'd rather not think about it just yet :rotfl:

I agree - October is a great time for park touring!:thumbsup2

And I am right there with you about not thinking of the ominious 4-0 until it actually happens. Yikes!:scared1:

Thanks for a wonderful update. I'm so happy for you that this will not be the last Disney trip. I'm so glad to read that you can enter Epcot from BC b/c I read that if you had early ADR for Akerhaus you had to enter from the front. It didn't make sense to me if we are staying at YC and can take a boat and they don't offer bus service to Epcot. Someone wrote we have to take a taxi or go to MK and then take a monorail. We have an 8:05 ADR and I'm glad we can walk or take the boat and enter International Getway. Did you need to give them your ADR # or your name to let you in? We will have our tickets with our room keys b/c we bought a package trip.

Thanks for a wonderful update. I'm so happy for you that this will not be the last Disney trip. I'm so glad to read that you can enter Epcot from BC b/c I read that if you had early ADR for Akerhaus you had to enter from the front. It didn't make sense to me if we are staying at YC and can take a boat and they don't offer bus service to Epcot. Someone wrote we have to take a taxi or go to MK and then take a monorail. We have an 8:05 ADR and I'm glad we can walk or take the boat and enter International Getway. Did you need to give them your ADR # or your name to let you in? We will have our tickets with our room keys b/c we bought a package trip.

You can definitely get in through IG. But you will need a reservation number. They had a clipboard and checked our name off.

The photo of the boys holding Katie and Declan's hands is so precious!

I thought so too!! What good guys to want to be there for the little ones and not worry about being 'cool.' I actually think that makes them MORE cool! :goodvibes Oh, and I'm sure the teenage boys didn't 'mind' seeing the princesses at all, LOL! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter