how have peoples 7th month booking been working out?

I can only speak for this year, booking at 6 months out at BCV. There were no studios available at 6 months out. 1 bedrooms, readily available and most 2 bedrooms available. We ended up waitlisting a few nights with 1 BR as backup.

Last year I was absolutely shocked to have no problem getting a Lake View studio at the Poly for week of July 4 (at our 7 month mark). We were hoping for the same luck this year for "Jersey Week" in November, but doesn't look promising. All Lake View studios are already gone for that week, though Standard View available. We still have another 2 months before we can even try. Good think I made a reservation at our home resort! We also love AKV, but were hoping to get into the Poly again.

Last year I was absolutely shocked to have no problem getting a Lake View studio at the Poly for week of July 4 (at our 7 month mark). We were hoping for the same luck this year for "Jersey Week" in November, but doesn't look promising. All Lake View studios are already gone for that week, though Standard View available. We still have another 2 months before we can even try. Good think I made a reservation at our home resort! We also love AKV, but were hoping to get into the Poly again.

We had a standard view studio at the Poly in June 2016 and loved it. Sounds like you're not quite "shut out" yet at the Poly - so you should consider the standard view as an alternative. While I'm sure the LV is spectacular (we don't have enough points to spring for it) there's absolutely nothing wrong with the standard view either. Just think about how many points you will save - and you may find that you like it enough to do it again.

Right now I am waiting (impatiently) to see what will be available for the dates we've decided on for F&W. DH would like to snag something at the BWV...looks like the pickings are getting slim and we have to wait for the 27th to book...

I, too, am looking to switch at my 7-month window. I'm not too concerned as I'm hoping to switch a 2-Bedroom at AKV-Kidani to a 2-Bedroom at Bay Lake. My concern is that the points I need to use for Bay Lake are being used for the Kidani reservation. So I'll need to cancel my Kidani and re-book at Bay Lake. Any advise or concerns I should be aware of? We are staying 11/4 - 11/11.

I, too, am looking to switch at my 7-month window. I'm not too concerned as I'm hoping to switch a 2-Bedroom at AKV-Kidani to a 2-Bedroom at Bay Lake. My concern is that the points I need to use for Bay Lake are being used for the Kidani reservation. So I'll need to cancel my Kidani and re-book at Bay Lake. Any advise or concerns I should be aware of? We are staying 11/4 - 11/11.

Since you already have a reservation you might be able to call MS when you get closer to your dates (provided the availability is still there) and ask them if they can just look at the availability & let you know how critical it looks & let them know what you're hoping to do. Maybe they can tell you if it looks like there's more than 10 villas or less than 10 villas available or something. Just so you know how tight of a window you're looking at.

First, as to chances to be being able to switch to BLT, they are low since you will be seeking a very high demand time that includes days within Jersey week, the Wine & Dine race weekend, and the last weekend of Food & Wine. Your week would be the same as November 5 to 12, 2016. By 7 months out from November 5, 2016, all 2BRs at BLT were already gone for 5 (lake view) to 7 (standard and theme park view) nights of the week.

Second, if you get lucky and see an opening, it will likely be critical to make the reservation very quickly online at 8 a.m. at 7 months out. For the low risk method to accomplish that online, go here and see my post, #9, describing supersnoop's inventive procedure for doing an online switch at 7 months out http://www.disboards.com/threads/ma...the-process-can-you-go-ahead-of-time.3461485/

We had a standard view studio at the Poly in June 2016 and loved it. Sounds like you're not quite "shut out" yet at the Poly - so you should consider the standard view as an alternative. While I'm sure the LV is spectacular (we don't have enough points to spring for it) there's absolutely nothing wrong with the standard view either. Just think about how many points you will save - and you may find that you like it enough to do it again.

Right now I am waiting (impatiently) to see what will be available for the dates we've decided on for F&W. DH would like to snag something at the BWV...looks like the pickings are getting slim and we have to wait for the 27th to book...
Thanks for sharing your experience! We will definitely consider a standard view. We were just so spoiled with the view last year! But we would save a lot of poi

Thank you for sharing your experience! We were spoiled with the amazing lagoon view, but the resort itself was magnificent... so I'm sure a standard view room is also wonderful. And it would be nice to save the points! Ultimately, we may have to decide if we'd rather have a standard view at the Poly or a savannah view at AKV. Can't go wrong either way! Good luck with your quest for BWV!

We also had a standard view here and really liked it. The gardens are beautiful! We didn't care for staying at the resort as a whole but did enjoy the view.

I just had this same situation. I was unsure of what to do so I called MS. She modified my stay, changed my resorts and I was off the phone in just a few minutes. Easy!

First, as to chances to be being able to switch to BLT, they are low since you will be seeking a very high demand time that includes days within Jersey week, the Wine & Dine race weekend, and the last weekend of Food & Wine. Your week would be the same as November 5 to 12, 2016. By 7 months out from November 5, 2016, all 2BRs at BLT were already gone for 5 (lake view) to 7 (standard and theme park view) nights of the week.

Second, if you get lucky and see an opening, it will likely be critical to make the reservation very quickly online at 8 a.m. at 7 months out. For the low risk method to accomplish that online, go here and see my post, #9, describing supersnoop's inventive procedure for doing an online switch at 7 months out http://www.disboards.com/threads/ma...the-process-can-you-go-ahead-of-time.3461485/

So I have copied the information from the message you posted. I have a question to anyone out there, anyone tried this recently as I see this post was from 2015 and there have been some changes to the DVC online reservation system. Anyone have any insight?

I just had this same situation. I was unsure of what to do so I called MS. She modified my stay, changed my resorts and I was off the phone in just a few minutes. Easy!

This is what I was thinking of doing as well. I realize that there may not be availability, and if that's the case, we'll stay at AKV - but hoping to switch to BLT to be closer to MK.

At 7 months I wanted to book at BCV for Aug 16-30. I managed to get the entire time, freeing up those same dates at BWV. But I had to walk the reservation by a few days. If I had of waited till the 16th to start booking I would not have gotten anything. Every morning when I added an addition day, the day to start the 7 month window was already gone.

I think getting the smaller resorts that are near parks at 7 months is going to get harder and harder. Where are all those bungalow and cabin points going to be used?

I am on pins & needles watching the availability change every day for the 4 nights we want at the end of Sept. @ BWV. The wait is killin' me....:faint: Every day the availability pool changes...

Last edited:
I just got my four nights 23 September-27 September booked at BWV. I had a studio booked at BLT (home resort) and called this morning at 8am PST. Got the last 1 bedroom! I am over the moon to get Boardwalk at Food and Wine!!

I am on pins & needles watching the availability change every day for the 4 nights we want at the end of Sept. @ BWV. The wait is killin' me....:faint: Every day the availability pool changes...
I noticed that also for our trip in early September. I was pleasantly surprised at just how much was still available at the 7 month window though. Almost had my pick. I did have to "settle" for a Grand Floridian Villa Studio with Lake View instead of the standard view that I would have chosen if it hadn't become unavailable the second I clicked to book it. However, now I'm really excited about the lake view and really happy it worked out that way.

I noticed that also for our trip in early September. I was pleasantly surprised at just how much was still available at the 7 month window though. Almost had my pick. I did have to "settle" for a Grand Floridian Villa Studio with Lake View instead of the standard view that I would have chosen if it hadn't become unavailable the second I clicked to book it. However, now I'm really excited about the lake view and really happy it worked out that way.

Our dates were kinda up in the air until this past weekend. We were orig. going to probably book 9/23 - 9/27 but then once my boss found out I was going down she decided she wanted me to join her at a conference in Orlando from the 24th-27th. I was like ummmm not while I'm on vacation. :sad2: So then it became a decision on if we would go down for a few nights before the conference or start our nights at the tail end of the conference. DH wanted us to try for BWV as first choice so we can walk to EP and the dates BEFORE were already gone so then it turned into OK then we'll do F&W from the 27th to Oct. 1st (Oct 1st night is already gone at BWV). Now I have to wait for the 27th to book. After watching the crazy swings in the availability over the past week I decided last night that I would maybe try to "walk" the BWV res. Well I made the mistake this morning of booking SW air as soon as the latest schedule finished loading at 8:00 this morning and lo & behold someone else must be walking too. Last night before I went to bed 9/22 was gone but 9/23 was there. This morning by the time I looked the 22nd was back & the 23rd was gone. So I couldn't even start walking. DOH!! :headache: I was so mad at myself for waiting & booking air first!! But who knew it was down to 1 studio. I will look again in the morning & see if I can grab it. CRAZY the way things have been popping up & disappearing. Today Jambo House std. view was even gone (as our alternate choice)!:scared: I am borrowing so I can't just book the whole darned week or else the extra points will go into holding. >:( Glad you got what you wanted. We're trying to be somewhat frugal with our points so it's BWV or bust!! :eek:

Our dates were kinda up in the air until this past weekend. We were orig. going to probably book 9/23 - 9/27 but then once my boss found out I was going down she decided she wanted me to join her at a conference in Orlando from the 24th-27th. I was like ummmm not while I'm on vacation. :sad2: So then it became a decision on if we would go down for a few nights before the conference or start our nights at the tail end of the conference. DH wanted us to try for BWV as first choice so we can walk to EP and the dates BEFORE were already gone so then it turned into OK then we'll do F&W from the 27th to Oct. 1st (Oct 1st night is already gone at BWV). Now I have to wait for the 27th to book. After watching the crazy swings in the availability over the past week I decided last night that I would maybe try to "walk" the BWV res. Well I made the mistake this morning of booking SW air as soon as the latest schedule finished loading at 8:00 this morning and lo & behold someone else must be walking too. Last night before I went to bed 9/22 was gone but 9/23 was there. This morning by the time I looked the 22nd was back & the 23rd was gone. So I couldn't even start walking. DOH!! :headache: I was so mad at myself for waiting & booking air first!! But who knew it was down to 1 studio. I will look again in the morning & see if I can grab it. CRAZY the way things have been popping up & disappearing. Today Jambo House std. view was even gone (as our alternate choice)!:scared: I am borrowing so I can't just book the whole darned week or else the extra points will go into holding. >:( Glad you got what you wanted. We're trying to be somewhat frugal with our points so it's BWV or bust!! :eek:
Oh, I bet you are feeling antsy with that situation.
If the GF Villas studios were totally booked up (and that was pretty tenuous there for a while) then we were equally happy with the Poly studios and they had tons of availability for months.
Would you consider the Poly with the ticket and transfer exchange so close to take you to Epcot? Since you already bought plane tickets and all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter